10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

We finally got the money to process everything. I was due to leave with plane ticket in hand before my overstay. I ended up with a sinus infection and vertigo and hubby and I then decided that perhaps I could try the AOS route since he really didn't want me to leave (he felt the whole sinus thing was a sign from up above :blink: )

Anyways, I have plenty of proof, medical insurance, tickets etc... that I did not intend to stay. My question is, will this jeopardize my chances of the AOS. I keep hearing stories of people overstaying for months and because of the AOS they are "forgiven" then I hear its a no go, you gotta go back home, you overstayed your welcome. I overstayed so far about 5 days. Any help will do.

Thanks

TG

P.S. FYI All forms are ready to leave other then the I-864 which I posted a question on this forum for so I just want to send this stuff out and not wait in this stressful limbo.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Note you need to include I-130 and $355 fee if adjusting from a visa other than K-Visa. The AOS will be based on the included I-130 and you check "a" Based on approved relative petition, on form I-485.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Note you need to include I-130 and $355 fee if adjusting from a visa other than K-Visa. The AOS will be based on the included I-130 and you check "a" Based on approved relative petition, on form I-485.

Yep, I got that done thanks. So do you think we'll be in trouble for a few days?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Yep, I got that done thanks. So do you think we'll be in trouble for a few days?

I wouldn't venture a firm answer to your question without knowing the status under which you entered the US, as well as when and whre the marriage took place.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I wouldn't venture a firm answer to your question without knowing the status under which you entered the US, as well as when and whre the marriage took place.

I entered as a visitor late July, I kept renewing my trip month by month and finally got married in December here in the US and I was leaving for Canada the beginning of January until I got sick with sinusitis. I still have my plane ticket because I had to postpone it.

Edited by torontogal

I entered as a visitor late July, I kept renewing my trip month by month and finally got married in December here in the US and I was leaving for Canada the beginning of January until I got sick with sinusitis. I still have my plane ticket because I had to postpone it.

Any Help or Opinion on this matter would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

TG

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Aren't you the same user from Montreal that posted this story before? Except, you didn't know if you should return or not because you and your husband didn't want to wait it out?

In any event, if they suspect you entered the U.S. with the intention of getting married and staying, then your petition will be refused and you will face a ban.

As far as the over stay, I beleive I read somewhere that over stays of less then 182 days do not come with a penalty but I can't confirm that.

I think you need to consult an attorney.

Edited by Dylan

04-21-2006 | Marriage in Santa Ana, CA

I-130 Process

06-29-2006 | Mailed to CSC

08-23-2006 | Was told application was rejected & sent back

08-30-2006 | Recieved rejected package

09-01-2006 | Resubmitted I-130

09-08-2006 | NOA1 (now that's more like it)

09-13-2006 | Recieved NOA1 in the mail

12-19-2006 | Recieved email RFE

12-20-2006 | Recieved RFE in mail

12-22-2006 | Sent out RFE info

01-09-2007 | NOA2 Email received!

I-130 at NVC

01-24-2007 | Case Number Assigned

02-06-2007 | Emailed DS-3032 COA

02-09-2007 | NVC confirms COA in email

02-20-2007 | DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed

02-26-2007 | Received DS3032 and AOS Fee Bill

02-28-2007 | Mailed AOS Fee Bill and check

03-13-2007 | I-864 received

03-21-2007 | I-864 sent

05-16-2007 | IV Bill resent from NVC (never got the first)

06-02-2007 | IV Bill received

06-05-2007 | IV Bill payment sent

06-26-2007 | Received DS230

06-29-2007 | Mailed DS230 to NVC

08-15-2007 | NVC process complete but was sent back to US CIS (#@$%#$% this sucks)

11-08-2007 | I-130 returned to NVC

11-08-2007 | Requested expedited interview due to daughters illness

11-21-2007 | NVC approved expedited interview. Mailed to Montreal Embassy Nov 20th

I-129F Process

10-18-2006 | Nailed to Chicago SC

10-24-2006 | NOA1

10-27-2006 | Recieved NOA1 in the mail

11-09-2006 | Touched - Got email that they transfered to CSC

11-15-2006 | Touched - Got email that they received it at CSC

09-14-2007 | NOA2 email received (friggin about time)

09-18-2007 | NOA2 Letter received in mail

Your overstay should be forgiven, assuming you can prove there was no immigration intent....

Edited by JenT

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.