nidia80

I am worry how can we get evidence

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi, I have a fiance K1 visa and i am in the process of change of status to a permanent residency .

I have a concern that maybe could be clarify by you . We file de application for change of status on december 3 . Then we have received 2 letter NOA which say that they receive the papers and our case is pending. But after that we receive an appointment for the interview on february 21 , I still dont understand why that soon. In this letter they say that we need to bring proves of the marriage such a checking accounts , health insurance , rent , credit cards in common , but we haven't received the work permission and in consequence I don't have a security social that allows us to starting get this kind of proves . Our lawyers adviced us not to request the security social without the work permission ( you know that the k1 visa allows request a security social ) On the other hand we just got marriage last october. What should we do? what kind of proves could we get without a security social . May that issue generates consequences in the approval of the green card ? .

We would appreciate your help about this concern .

Nidia

I got married in October and my husband is already added to my(our) bank account, he is on my insurance....on my apartment lease....and he has his SS card.

The social security card should have been the first thing you went to apply for, about two weeks after you got here to the US on your K1, it would have made things much simpler. Now that your I-94 has expired, or is close to expiring, you will may not be able to get an SS card, as most offices will not issue one until you have AOS papers.

You may still be able to be added to the common bank account, as some banks will take the passport as a form of ID, until you get your EAD. See if you can be added to any household bills, electricity, cable, phone, cell phone, without the SS#. Do your taxes, and file them before you interview date, and bring that along as proof. Try to get some magazine subscriptions in your name, that are addressed at your new address. 4 months into a marriage you should at least have received some mail to you at your new address, which shows your new name (if changing name) or shows that you are residing at the new address. Bring that along also.

Good luck,

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Don't worry too much, as long as you got married and you have at least a joint bank account they will be fine. We were lucky, we just had a baby right before our interview and they never even asked us for any proof.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.