weisser83

NOA2 to expire

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hi all,

I noticed that the validity on my NOA2 is about to run out. It expires in a couple of weeks. What has to be completed before this date? Interview or forms submitted? Is there any way to extend it? I noticed in the sample forms section a "Request to Extend Approval of I-129F." I'm assuming I need to send this letter to my fiancé and have him take it to the consulate or should I fax it directly to the embassy? It will take a month to get there by postal mail. Is it OK if it's not an original? It will be notarized. Any tips are much appreciated!

Thanks,

Kay

Hedi & Kay's Timeline:

Met through a friend: 2005-12-19

Fell in love: Instantly

Engaged: 2007-1-24

I-129F Sent: 2007-06-04

I-129F NOA1: 2007-06-18

I-129F NOA2: 2007-10-18

Packet 3 Rec'd: 2008-01-02

Packet 3 Sent: 2008-01-30

Medical Exam: 2008-01-30

Packet 4 Rec'd: Soon

Interview: 2008-03-06

Visa Rec'd: 2008-03-07

"A moment of waiting today, will in 50 years, be but a faint and passing memory. Time will heal the wounds it once caused."

Hi all,

I noticed that the validity on my NOA2 is about to run out. It expires in a couple of weeks. What has to be completed before this date? Interview or forms submitted? Is there any way to extend it? I noticed in the sample forms section a "Request to Extend Approval of I-129F." I'm assuming I need to send this letter to my fiancé and have him take it to the consulate or should I fax it directly to the embassy? It will take a month to get there by postal mail. Is it OK if it's not an original? It will be notarized. Any tips are much appreciated!

Thanks,

Kay

As long as your case is still active at the embassy or consulate, they will continue to extend the Approval notice without needing you to do anything.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hi kate,

I was applying for a K1 visa with the US Embassy in Tunis.

and i highly recommend you to send them a letter (directly from you to the consulate) without waiting any more.

If u use USPS express mail, it will arrive in some 10 days.

The sample letter available at visajourney was fine, don't forget to keep a copy of the letter before sending it.

Getting it Notarized was a plus, they already have your signature on the I129 applicattion so they can check it.

At least 1week before the NOA2 expire, u should call the consular section of the US embassy to see if they have received your letter and if everything is ok!

If you don't move, no one would move for you, especially the US Embassy. :dance:

Edited by Zipper

24 July 2007: 129-F sent to Texas Service Center

16 August 2007: Application received at Vermont Service Center

22 August 2007: NOA1 Received

11 December 2007: NOA2 Received

04 January 2008: Packet 3 Received

26 January 2008: Packet 3 Sent

30 January 2008: Packet 3 Received at the US Embassy

15 February 2008: Packet 4 Received

03 April 2008: Interview at the embassy

04 April 2008: Visa Issued

03 June 2008: Entered the USA through Houston POE

18 June 2008: Happily Married

--------------------------------------------------------------

18 June 2008: Applied for adjustment of status

19 June 2008: Applications received at Chicago lockbox

28 June 2008: NOA1 Received but last name was misspelled :(

30 June 2008: Have sent a complain to NBC about my misspelled name

30 June 2008: Called NSC to complain about my name misspelled

04 July 2008: received a letter from NBC stating that my first name was corrected on I-485,

my first and last name are misspelled on their letter.

04 July 2008: Called NSC to complain, forwarded to a supervisor who checked my name on USCIS

database.The name are correctly spelled.

15 July 2008: Taken biometrics - corrected my name on screen while being taking finger print.

25 July 2008: Got NOA my case was transferred to CSC - Name was spelled correctly

25 August 2008: AP approved

29 August 2008: EAD received by mail

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline
Hi all,

Thanks,

Kay

Hi Kay,

Has your fiancé returned some of the forms that were included in "packet 3" to the U.S. Embassy / Consulate in Tunis? My understanding is that at this stage of the process, your fiancé should be sending them back signed DS-230 Part 1 and DS-2001 where he states that he has in his possession and is prepared to present all the documents required for the interview. It's only after accomplishing this step (mailing them back those two forms), that your fiancé will get "packet 4" which should include the appointment letter for the interview, specific instructions for scheduling the medical exam, and payment requirement for visa processing.

The reason why I am asking is that I don't see in your signature or timeline when your fiance sent the forms back to the U.S. Embassy (typically labeled "packet 3 sent")...

I hope this helps.

Nani

129F complete

AOS & EAD complete

Lifting GC conditions complete

Citizenship complete

Passport in hands - End of our Visa Journey!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

At the time of my original post, my fiance had not yet sent in packet 3. About a week after my post, he submitted packet 3 and had his medical exam. Last week, I emailed the embassy asking them to extend the deadline of our I-797 (NOA2), to which I got no response. A few days ago, I called the embassy consular line and spoke with someone there who said our packet 4 was in the mail and gave me an interview date of March 6th. At that time, they informed me that our I-797 would not expire.

At this point, I'm just hoping all goes smoothly. Incha'Allah, less than two months from now, visa in hand, we will be together!

Thanks for all the responses.

Edited by weisser83

Hedi & Kay's Timeline:

Met through a friend: 2005-12-19

Fell in love: Instantly

Engaged: 2007-1-24

I-129F Sent: 2007-06-04

I-129F NOA1: 2007-06-18

I-129F NOA2: 2007-10-18

Packet 3 Rec'd: 2008-01-02

Packet 3 Sent: 2008-01-30

Medical Exam: 2008-01-30

Packet 4 Rec'd: Soon

Interview: 2008-03-06

Visa Rec'd: 2008-03-07

"A moment of waiting today, will in 50 years, be but a faint and passing memory. Time will heal the wounds it once caused."

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

The Embassy got your e mail, you spoke to them on the phone , you have an interview date and they are sending out P4, so your case was extended automatically. Best Wishes to you both!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.