Danno

Buying airfare RU to USA

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Not long ago, I found out how hard it is to find a reasonable airfare when your origination point is Russia instead of USA.

I searched every one of my typical search engines and the best I could come up with was $900 and that was one-way... off season. Thats almost double what I can usually find to fly to russia.

I had heard you can get a good price from the delta office in Moscow but only at the window, not via internet.

BAck in the summer time someone posted a contact number to a RW agent out of Atlanta who had gotten him good fares. I called and not only did she get a good price ( almost half what I could find) she could book the flight very quickly, usually in the USA the closer the flight is to the date of purchase the more it costs.

I would absolutely call her if you need to fly someone here and if you are flying there, you might want to give her a shot at it too.

Danny

Natasha

(813) 228-6156

My wife and I and other family members fly to from Russia at several different times during the year, and one thing I've learned is that you can fly one-way on Air France (paying a true one-way rate) and fly on something more comfortable than a 767. If any of you want to increase the comfort level for your spouse/fiance or mom-in-law, consider going up a notch with Air France for about the same price that it costs to fly Delta. And they are both SkyMiles eligible.

Well, maybe not for your mom-in-law.

from Andrew

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Thank you for the travel advice as I will be flying to Kazan in March. Have had a hard time finding a reasonable rate. Flew to Prague 2 weeks ago with a good rate but really bombing this time so thanks! I will call both of the referrals suggested Monday.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
My wife and I and other family members fly to from Russia at several different times during the year, and one thing I've learned is that you can fly one-way on Air France (paying a true one-way rate) and fly on something more comfortable than a 767. If any of you want to increase the comfort level for your spouse/fiance or mom-in-law, consider going up a notch with Air France for about the same price that it costs to fly Delta. And they are both SkyMiles eligible.

Do you order direct from the airfrance website? I flew airfrance myself recently, and it was ok, but i ordered my tickets from expedia and they were the cheapest, but sometimes other airlines are cheaper. I saw they had some good sales on their site though. Also, my flight was a cooperation of delta and airfrance.

Edited by eekee

Первый блин комом.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Do you order direct from the airfrance website? I flew airfrance myself recently, and it was ok, but i ordered my tickets from expedia and they were the cheapest, but sometimes other airlines are cheaper. I saw they had some good sales on their site though. Also, my flight was a cooperation of delta and airfrance.

I usually call the office in the city I am flying out of. You can, in fact, find cheaper airfare, but a little more money goes a long way regarding comfort in an 11-hour flight.

I'm probably just a sucker, sticking to Delta and AirFrance, but I was bumped up to business class in two of my last three flights.

from Andrew

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Sasha just booked her flight to JFK from Moscow. and the fare is like 380 dollars. She got a really great deal through StarTravel. Its usually a great way to buy tickets if you're a student or even a graduate below the age of 25. I recommend anyone who qualifies to check them out. If you need more info please send us a message and I'm sure Sasha can give more details.

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

You're not going to go the extra mile for your MIL's comfort?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.