foothills lover

I-129f Part 3 Line 2

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am completely new to this and just starting from scratch. I have recently met an absolutely wonderful lady from Russia. I was just starting to fill in the I-129F form when I came across this "Three or more convictions for crimes relating to a controlled substance or alcohol not arising from a single act." Can anyone give me any feedback on this. In my younger and wilder days I did have 3 Drunk Driving convictions the most current was 19 years ago and the first was 26 years ago. I spent no time in jail, but is this a concern? Everything else looks straight forward, and I have held a very good job job for the last 20 years with absolutely no problems. I know this whole process takes alot of time, and I wonder if this will create any problems :help:

I am completely new to this and just starting from scratch. I have recently met an absolutely wonderful lady from Russia. I was just starting to fill in the I-129F form when I came across this "Three or more convictions for crimes relating to a controlled substance or alcohol not arising from a single act." Can anyone give me any feedback on this. In my younger and wilder days I did have 3 Drunk Driving convictions the most current was 19 years ago and the first was 26 years ago. I spent no time in jail, but is this a concern? Everything else looks straight forward, and I have held a very good job job for the last 20 years with absolutely no problems. I know this whole process takes alot of time, and I wonder if this will create any problems :help:

I'm not quite sure why this was moved to the IMBRA thread. I'm not speaking from experience (or expertise), but I don't think this will be a cause for denial. You may be asked to file a waiver (can someone more familiar chime in?). Just be sure to answer questions honestly and thoroughly.

Love timeline:

??? 2003 -------> Started chatting regularly, became good friends

Nov 2004 -------> Fell in love

Jan 2006 -------> Met (in person) for first time

Apr 2008 -------> Wedding

Jun 2008 -------> Closed on house together

K-1 timeline:

Jun 11, 2007 -------> I-129f sent

Mar 20, 2008 -------> Visa in hand

AoS/EAD/AP timeline:

Apr 26, 2008 -------> Wedding

Apr 28, 2008 -------> Filed (forms mailed)

Apr 30, 2008 -------> Forms received by USCIS

May 06, 2008 -------> Cashed check posted to account

May 10, 2008 -------> NOA1 received for EAD, AP, and AoS

May 10, 2008 -------> Biometrics appt date received

May 28, 2008 -------> Biometrics for EAD & AoS

Jun 11, 2008 -------> AoS case transferred to CSC

Jul 05, 2008 -------> AP Approval

Jul 09, 2008 -------> EAD approval

Jul 14, 2008 -------> EAD and AP received

Jul 17, 2008 -------> AoS approved (card production ordered)

Now for my obnoxious signature Meez©:

0605_10033471973.gif

I'm not quite sure why this was moved to the IMBRA thread. I'm not speaking from experience (or expertise), but I don't think this will be a cause for denial. You may be asked to file a waiver (can someone more familiar chime in?). Just be sure to answer questions honestly and thoroughly.

Because he's the USC and he has convictions, so the only concern for him is IMBRA-related (not, say, a potential I-601 if it were the foreigner who had the conviction.)

OP: The point of IMBRA is to ensure that the foreign partner is aware of the USCs criminal history, if any, so the foreign partner can make an informed decision and knows his or her options. From what we've seen since it's been implemented, IMBRA-related convictions are not a reason to deny the petition or the visa.

Beyond that, read through the threads here, and the guides generally, for guidance. Lots of people have had to deal with IMBRA. Be honest and follow the instructions. :)

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Because he's the USC and he has convictions, so the only concern for him is IMBRA-related (not, say, a potential I-601 if it were the foreigner who had the conviction.)

OP: The point of IMBRA is to ensure that the foreign partner is aware of the USCs criminal history, if any, so the foreign partner can make an informed decision and knows his or her options. From what we've seen since it's been implemented, IMBRA-related convictions are not a reason to deny the petition or the visa.

Beyond that, read through the threads here, and the guides generally, for guidance. Lots of people have had to deal with IMBRA. Be honest and follow the instructions. :)

Thanks for the help Jesse and Caladan, I have been researching this some, and I think I understand what the IMBRA is about. My lady is aware of all that's happened, it's ancient history, and a lesson in life. I am wondering, I am going to Russia in February (must be true love!) Would it be advisable to get my Copies of my court decisions, and then while I'm in Russia get our signatures notorized on them. Also should I get some sort of waiver letter from my fiance and get that notorized while I am there? On those lines, if anyone has suggestions on all the data I should acquire while I am in Russia, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks, and sorry for the messup on the replies, like I said I am brand new here, and I will learn.

Foothills Lover

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Thanks for the help Jesse and Caladan, I have been researching this some, and I think I understand what the IMBRA is about. My lady is aware of all that's happened, it's ancient history, and a lesson in life. I am wondering, I am going to Russia in February (must be true love!) Would it be advisable to get my Copies of my court decisions, and then while I'm in Russia get our signatures notorized on them. Also should I get some sort of waiver letter from my fiance and get that notorized while I am there? On those lines, if anyone has suggestions on all the data I should acquire while I am in Russia, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks, and sorry for the messup on the replies, like I said I am brand new here, and I will learn.

Foothills Lover

You don't need to do anything in Russia with regard to IMBRA. Just follow the instructions on the I-129F when the time comes. You'll need the court records to submit with the petition.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.