CoolHand

Purchasing a house with my fiance BEFORE we have started the k1 application...

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My fiance and I are engaged, but as yet we have not begun the k-1 process. We have known each other over 4 years now, but have got to know each other SO much better since May last year. I was there recently for 3 weeks and it was great to spend quality time with each other (a given).

We have been looking to purchase a house for a while now with interest rates being so low. We have found what we believe to be our dream home for a very good price. Both ourselves and the seller have agreed upon the price, but the question I am asking is... before I have received the k1, would this be a problem that we have bought a property for our future life together before I am living in the US?

My fiance has 2 children between the age of 11 and 6 and I just want her to have the best life she can, starting before I live there. We have a home loan approved and everything *seems* to be ok so far (we all know how stressful buying a new home can be). Do you think this will be an issue when filing? With this being our permanent address in the US, this would be the address we will use on our application. My fiance is currently renting.

Sorry for the long post and any help/answers much appreciated! Thank you in advance.

:)

My fiance and I are engaged, but as yet we have not begun the k-1 process. We have known each other over 4 years now, but have got to know each other SO much better since May last year. I was there recently for 3 weeks and it was great to spend quality time with each other (a given).

We have been looking to purchase a house for a while now with interest rates being so low. We have found what we believe to be our dream home for a very good price. Both ourselves and the seller have agreed upon the price, but the question I am asking is... before I have received the k1, would this be a problem that we have bought a property for our future life together before I am living in the US?

My fiance has 2 children between the age of 11 and 6 and I just want her to have the best life she can, starting before I live there. We have a home loan approved and everything *seems* to be ok so far (we all know how stressful buying a new home can be). Do you think this will be an issue when filing? With this being our permanent address in the US, this would be the address we will use on our application. My fiance is currently renting.

Sorry for the long post and any help/answers much appreciated! Thank you in advance.

:)

My fiance and I were actually discussing the same subject several month ago, while we were waiting for our NOA2.

I guess it's not a big deal buying the house together, having a mortgage together etc while you are actually not in the US yet.I don't think that the fact of you guys owning a house together when filing would be an issue (but I'm not quite sure though...)!

But I wasn't happy with the whole organization part, and me being so far away scared me quite a bit. The time between filing and Visa-In-Hand can be very long, and I disliked the fact that I wouldn't be around to help fix it up or whatever. Even a simple signature on a little piece of paper would have become an ordeal with me being in Europe and our house in the US.

In the end we've agreed on waiting for me to finally arrive in the US, get married and take it from there as husband and wife....that way everything will be a lot less complicated . And everybody says that the real-estate market will stay a buyer's market in 2008 anyway. So there's no need to rush!

Good luck for whatever you decide to do!! All the best! :)

07-25-07 petition sent

08-07-07 NOA1

01-23-08 NOA2, 182 days after filing

02-11-08 medical

03-04-08 interview in Frankfurt---approved!

03-11-8 Visa in hand --- what a heck of a procedure for this little sticker ;-)

06-16-08 flight to IAD

07-11-08 Wedding in Santa Barbara, CA

08-07-8 AOS package sent

08-10-08 AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox

08-14-08 check cashed

08-13-08 NOA1 for EAD,AP,AOS

09-03-08 Biometrics appointment

10-02-08 Case transferred to CSC

10-16-08 EAD and AP approved

01-26-09 AOS approved w/o interview

01-31-09 PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECEIVED

02-11-11 Biometric Appointment for Removing of Conditions

Our Wedding Pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rahela07/OurWedding07112008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Usually it is advised to not even plan the wedding with all these unknowns no problem in you buying the house but dont assume this will go so smooth and easy (what if it falls through) i would just keep it your name until later. sorry i do hope best for you but with this process you never know outcome

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

My fiance is still in the UK and we have already purchased a house here in the US and he has sold his home in the UK and bought another there just as an income property. We were fortunate enough to pay cash for both houses so there are no mortgages. We are just waiting for him to get here so we can enjoy this house together.

Good Luck on whatever you decide to do.

My fiance is still in the UK and we have already purchased a house here in the US and he has sold his home in the UK and bought another there just as an income property. We were fortunate enough to pay cash for both houses so there are no mortgages. We are just waiting for him to get here so we can enjoy this house together.

And yes, it is a buyers market...

Good Luck on whatever you decide to do.

And yes, it is a buyers market...

Oh to have a mortgage let alone own my own property without a mortgage let alone own two!!!

All in good time I guess :P No way on earth I could buy in the UK with an average house price of over $500k :cry:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Thought this might be appropriate to share here :)

http://www.beliefnet.com/nllp/ChickenSoupS...p;WT.mc_id=NL49

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.