lovelylady

What has happen to my interview

13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had my interview last Jan. 4, 2008. My fiancé is with me the time I was interviewed. The Consul ask me where i meet my fiancé which I answered, how did we meet and I answer too. If both of us is single which we said yes. His follow-up question is if i had kids which i said yes as it is included at my appointment for the interview. I made it clear that they will not accompany me nor will follow me. My question is did this affect in releasing of my visa. As every thing seems to be okey. After the interview the Consul told me to proceed to window 37. There a staff gave me a paper that said document verification. I don’t have the idea what documents to be verified. He said it will take 2 to 3 weeks to release it. I paid Php 650 for the verification. And Php 165 for the Delbros delivery but until now i have not been notified by the NVC. It is hard on my part contacting the visa call center as my landline is bayantel. I am not a PLDT subscriber. I tried to buy a smart prepaid sim but it did not go thru. I ask our GM at the office if I could use our phone (as we are not allowed to place a personal call) so I could contact them. A visa call center agent said according to their system it will take 6 weeks. If there I couldn’t hear from the USEM I should contact them so they could help me. How long will it take for me to wait for a notice at USEM.

I had this idea that maybe it is my kids surname that affects the releasing of the visa.. My kids surname is different from mine as they uses their father's name although we are not legally married. In their birth certificate their father put the date and place of marriage even though no ceremonies happen. He did this for the kids to use his surname as before the civil code don’t allow to use the father’s name if the parents are not legally married. I bring the original birth certificates of the 2 kids with me should they want a proof, though the Consul did not ask for it and I am willing to explain why did this happen. I gave my CENOMAR that I get from the NSO to prove i was never married.

Anyone had similar problem with mine. What steps did you do. My fiancé was here last Jan. 1 so he could go with my interview. He is about to leave at the 18th and he get me a reservation ticket which we had it open should my visa arrived. We even work on his extention visa waiting for the approval so we could fly back to the US together. But until he leave now notification has not arrive yet. His lawyer in the US was able to talk to one Consul here in Manila but he said the Philippine document that I submitted is still verified. My fiancé already seek the help of their congressman and we are waiting for the reply yet. I feel depressed. I don’t know what to do to prove that I never married. I tried to get true and legal copies of my documents to prove that all the intentions are true. I just pray that there is still hope for me to be with my soon to be husband in the US.

USA LYF

3-07-08 ** Leave the Philippines (Phil. time)

3-07-08 ** Arrived JFK airport (POE)

4-09-08 **Apply Marriage licence

4-11-08 **Apply SSN in maiden name

4-17-08 **Meet with priest (set pre-canon seminar for catholic marriages)

5-09-08 **CIVIL WEDDING

5-15-08 **Return to SS and submit marriage license

5-16-08 **Received marriage cert. on mail

5-21-08 **Received SSN card on mail

6-08-08 **Go for medical (HIV blood test, TD Shot & TB skin test)

6-10-08 **Chest X-ray

6-14-08 **Get sealed medical results

6-26-08 **Finish (3 sessions) Pre-canon seminar and received certification (ready for Catholic church wedding)

AOS TIMELINE

6-17-08 **** Sent AOS, EAD, AP application to USCIS

6-24-08 **** USCIS received AOS, EAD, AP package

6-27-08 **** NOA date for AOS, EAD & AP[/color]

7-05-08 **** Biometrics appointment letter received for AOS & EAD

7-19-08 **** Biometrics done

9-03-08 **** Received my EAD on mail

9-06-08 **** Received my AP on mail

9-22-08 **** Received AOS appointment interview in the mail

11-05-08 *** INTERVIEW DAY (thank God i pass passport was stamp I-551

11-13-08 *** Received letter in the mail WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

don't worry, i dont think there was anything wrong with your interview, its just that you paid your document verification fee on the date of interview, which is why it is taking you long to receive your visa. the USEM website has an advisory on this and was discussed extensively in the Philippines subforum. its sad that you failed to read it before your interview.

for a better understanding on what the document verification fee is all about, you might want to read the link below:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=99501

i hope you get your visa issued soon!

mikeandlani

our Visa Journey

09.01.06 - Filed I130 to VSC

05.21.07 - NOA2

06.19.07 - NVC receives Petition

11.23.07 - CASE COMPLETE

01.30.08 - USEM Interview

02.02.08 - CR1 Visa Received

03.03.08 - Entered US through Detroit International

03.27.08 - Received 2yr Conditional Resident Card

04.01.08 - Filed for my SSN at the local SSA office

04.05.08 - SSN received by mail

05.03.08 - Finally got my Driver's License

lifting conditions....

I-I-751

12.07.09 - Sent I-751 to VSC by express mail

12.08.09 - I-751 delivered to VSC per USPS tracking :-)

12.09.09 - NOA1 date (Checked cashed :-D)

12.14.09 - Received NOA1

12.18.09 - ASC Appointment Notice Date

12.26.09 - Received ASC Appointment Notice

12.31.09 - Early Biometrics

01.14.10 - Biometrics Schedule

02.26.10 - Email update --Card Production ordered

03.02.10 - Email update --Approval Notice sent

03.06.10 - Approval Notice Received

03.08.10 - Card Received

Naturalization

I-N400

09.09.11 - Sent N400 to USCIS Dallas Lockbox

09.23.11 - Received 1-797 by mail

11.17.11 - Biometrics Schedule

01.25.12 - Received Interview and Exam Notice by mail

02.28.12 - Interview schedule

03.28.12 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

I had this idea that maybe it is my kids surname that affects the releasing of the visa.. My kids surname is different from mine as they uses their father's name although we are not legally married. In their birth certificate their father put the date and place of marriage even though no ceremonies happen. He did this for the kids to use his surname as before the civil code don’t allow to use the father’s name if the parents are not legally married. I bring the original birth certificates of the 2 kids with me should they want a proof, though the Consul did not ask for it and I am willing to explain why did this happen. I gave my CENOMAR that I get from the NSO to prove i was never married.

hi, i myself gone through K1 process and have kids(4 actually) which are K2 derivatives. all my kids used their father's surname, even have a date and place of marriage which didn't occur on their birth certificates. just a fictitious marriage for the purpose of registering the kids. during our interview the CO didn't even asked me about it nor didn't brought up anything about the kids. the kids were present during the interview. i supported my documents with a latest CENOMAR, but we did already had one included when my fiance filed the petition. the interview went fine and got approved right away. but that time we don't have that documents verification yet.

so i guess there's no connection with the kids why you still have the visa yet. did they asked you to pay DELBROS after the interview?

are you not going to bring the kids over here? sounds like a personal question, just curious :)

hope you get your visa soon....GOD BLESS!

ana

03/24/05 - met online

01/31/06 - met in person

11/09/06 - K1/K2 filed

02/02/07 - NOA2

05/03/07 - medical

05/10/07 - consular interview

06/01/07 - K1/K2 visa received

07/17/07 - US entry - POE - Newark. New Jersey

07/20/07 - marriage

07/28/07 - AOS filed (rejected/new fees)

10/04/07 - appealed for old fees (rejected again)

12/14/07 - 3rd AOS filing

01/29/08 - Biometrics

02/29/08 - AP received

03/03/08 - EAD card received

03/13/08 - AOS interview (Kansas City)

05/20/08 - RFE

09/17/08 - GC received

Timeline
don't worry, i dont think there was anything wrong with your interview, its just that you paid your document verification fee on the date of interview, which is why it is taking you long to receive your visa. the USEM website has an advisory on this and was discussed extensively in the Philippines subforum. its sad that you failed to read it before your interview.

for a better understanding on what the document verification fee is all about, you might want to read the link below:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=99501

i hope you get your visa issued soon!

Hello! Thank you for the reply. I really need someone to talk to that is why i publish my delimma. I really dont know this since have not read in forum that the Embassy has this advisory that you will pay for the document verification before the interview.

USA LYF

5-09-08 **CIVIL WEDDING

6-10-08 **Chest X-ray

6-26-08 **Finish (3 sessions) Pre-canon seminar and received certification (ready for Catholic church wedding)

AOS TIMELINE

11-13-08 *** Received letter in the mail WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Timeline

hi, i myself gone through K1 process and have kids(4 actually) which are K2 derivatives. all my kids used their father's surname, even have a date and place of marriage which didn't occur on their birth certificates. just a fictitious marriage for the purpose of registering the kids. during our interview the CO didn't even asked me about it nor didn't brought up anything about the kids. the kids were present during the interview. i supported my documents with a latest CENOMAR, but we did already had one included when my fiance filed the petition. the interview went fine and got approved right away. but that time we don't have that documents verification yet.

so i guess there's no connection with the kids why you still have the visa yet. did they asked you to pay DELBROS after the interview?

are you not going to bring the kids over here? sounds like a personal question, just curious :)

ana

Yeah i paid it already after my interview they said it will just take 2 to 3 weeks and it is 3 weeks now. I already call the Visa call center and talk to the agent Cora, she said it it is 6 weeks according to their system. i had plans to bring my kids to the US but not now as i want to settle first before i get them. thank you.

USA LYF

5-09-08 **CIVIL WEDDING

6-10-08 **Chest X-ray

AOS TIMELINE

I had my interview last Jan. 4, 2008. My fiancé is with me the time I was interviewed. The Consul ask me where i meet my fiancé which I answered, how did we meet and I answer too. If both of us is single which we said yes. His follow-up question is if i had kids which i said yes as it is included at my appointment for the interview. I made it clear that they will not accompany me nor will follow me. My question is did this affect in releasing of my visa. As every thing seems to be okey. After the interview the Consul told me to proceed to window 37. There a staff gave me a paper that said document verification. I don’t have the idea what documents to be verified. He said it will take 2 to 3 weeks to release it. I paid Php 650 for the verification. And Php 165 for the Delbros delivery but until now i have not been notified by the NVC. It is hard on my part contacting the visa call center as my landline is bayantel. I am not a PLDT subscriber. I tried to buy a smart prepaid sim but it did not go thru. I ask our GM at the office if I could use our phone (as we are not allowed to place a personal call) so I could contact them. A visa call center agent said according to their system it will take 6 weeks. If there I couldn’t hear from the USEM I should contact them so they could help me. How long will it take for me to wait for a notice at USEM.

Anyone had similar problem with mine. What steps did you do. My fiancé was here last Jan. 1 so he could go with my interview. He is about to leave at the 18th and he get me a reservation ticket which we had it open should my visa arrived. We even work on his extention visa waiting for the approval so we could fly back to the US together. But until he leave now notification has not arrive yet. His lawyer in the US was able to talk to one Consul here in Manila but he said the Philippine document that I submitted is still verified. My fiancé already seek the help of their congressman and we are waiting for the reply yet. I feel depressed. I don’t know what to do to prove that I never married. I tried to get true and legal copies of my documents to prove that all the intentions are true. I just pray that there is still hope for me to be with my soon to be husband in the US.

Perhaps you can use SkypeOut to give them a call. The quality is not bad and it's cheap too. If you are not familiar with Skype, go to www.skype.com for more information.

Hope you will get your visa soon.

Good luck!

03/21/06- Met online

10/13/06- Met in person (Los Angeles USA) (three weeks)

12/20/06- Met in person (Kuala Lumpur Malaysia) (three weeks)

02/13/07- Met in person (Nagoya Japan) (two days)

06/21/07- Met in person (Portland Oregon (via PDX), USA) (three weeks)

11/30/07- Met in person (Portland Oregon (via LAX), USA) (six weeks)

12/12/07- Got married (In a Light House!!!)

01/18/08- I-130 sent

01/21/08- I-130 received at Chicago Lock Box

02/15/08- Check cashed

02/26/08- NOA1 received (Notice date: 2/12/2008)

02/19/08- Touched

04/23/08- Met in person (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) (one week)

04/30/08- Here I am in USA!!!!

05/19/08- I-130 approved!

05/27/08- NVC received our application and case number assigned

06/02/08- DS-3032 sent & AOS Bill Generated

06/05/08- Paid AOS Bill online

06/16/08- DS-3032 email accepted by NVC

08/28/08- Case completed!

10/21/08- Interview date (Rescheduled by US Embassy- Original date 10/28)-PASSED!!!

10/22/08- Visa in hand!

10/31/08- POE- Seattle, WA

11/12/08- Received SSN in mail!

11/20/08- Got my WA driving license!

I-751

08/03/10- I-751 sent

08/09/10- NOA

08/24/10- Biometrics

10/28/10- Case approved

.png

cheer up and pray . ..pray . . . .pray.. .

http://usembassy.state.gov/posts/rp1/wwwh3023.html

N-400

March 21, 2014 - Application sent thru Expressmail

March 25, 2014 - Received/Priority Date

March 26, 2014 - Check cashed

March 27, 2014 - Notice Date

April 2, 2014 - Notice for Biometrics Appointment thru email

Aprill 22, 2014 - Biometrics

April 24, 2014 - In line for interview

August 25, 2014-Scheduled for Interview

September 30, 2014 - Interview and Oath-Taking :joy:

Timeline

Perhaps you can use SkypeOut to give them a call. The quality is not bad and it's cheap too. If you are not familiar with Skype, go to www.skype.com for more information.

Good luck!

thank u for the info...

USA LYF

5-09-08 **CIVIL WEDDING

6-10-08 **Chest X-ray

AOS TIMELINE

Timeline

Thanks for the replies. It gives me more Faith.

USA LYF

5-09-08 **CIVIL WEDDING

6-10-08 **Chest X-ray

AOS TIMELINE

Timeline

Good luck!

thank you so much for the info....

USA LYF

5-09-08 **CIVIL WEDDING

6-10-08 **Chest X-ray

AOS TIMELINE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for the replies. It gives me more Faith.

Hello,

Just want to you to know that you are not alone in this painful waiting. i was interviewd last Jan 9, and until now i dont have my visa yet. and about the delbros verification i paid it thru deposting in metrobank 3 weeks before my interview but it didnt help so it means it's not affecting the release of your visa eventhough you did not pay early. and like you i did all my best to certtified that my Birthcertificate,CENOMAR and NBI infact i went to DFA they put a Red Ribbon on it but it didnt help but atleast i am at peace that my document is true. you are thinkin maybe because of your kids surname or what but i want you to know that i am single never been married but i am also under going this kinda process like yours so i think there is no problem with your papers or mine. it is just the process and like what the other members said it is random and they just pick some people to thorough check like they've been doing to us. And unfortunately they picked us.

By the way this morning i called the embassy they said they just receive my papers from NSO just this feb 1, gossh!!! since jan 9. and they said it's in the consul officer now and reviewing it and they will decide if they will give me a visa, i am confident of the result coz i am 100% sure that my papers is all true. so i think your papers is also in the consul officers and in a few days you will have your visa. Let's continue to pray

God Bless you,

Mercy

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

ana

hello ana

i just want to know if you have bring a affidavit of fictitious marriage to show or give the consular for evidence for the kids birth cert? thanks.....god bless

lyn

Aynaku05, what you delbertjohnson, and I are in is called Adinistrative Review. This means they are looking into our petitions further. My wife payed the document verification fee on Januaty 7 but DELBROS never forwarded the information to the Embassy. The website states a two week delay for document verification but the Embassy is saying 4 to 6 weeks.

You can try calling the consular number of 301-2000 press 7, then 5143 pound. They seem a little picky about speaking with Filipinos but some have success calling.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.