6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

i am married for 1 year an 6months,here,in America.to become a resident,i will have to go back in romania,and apply for a waiver.i know that my file will be sended in austria,viena.i am scared,because i know it can take a long time,and also i can be denied.i am illegal in usa for allmost 2years.if somebody knows more about this situation,pls help me.thank u!

i am married for 1 year an 6months,here,in America.to become a resident,i will have to go back in romania,and apply for a waiver.

Are you married to a US citizen?

i know that my file will be sended in austria,viena.i am scared,because i know it can take a long time,and also i can be denied.i am illegal in usa for allmost 2years.if somebody knows more about this situation,pls help me.thank u!

What do you mean by "illegal"? did you enter the US without inspection (i.e. cross over from Mexico)? Or did you come here and overstay your visa?

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

i came under my moms visa,k2.i was 19years old at that time.so,she went back,to romania,and i suppose to go with her...i just found out in july that i was illegal,even though i am legally married to my husband,who is an american citizen.

You came over on K2, but you never filed Adjustment of Status? Your mother did not marry US citizen who petitioned her and returned to her home country? Have you consulted an immigration attorney? You may not have to return to your home country...and should be able to adjust status from within the US as you are married now...but this really calls for you to speak w/ a competent attorney.

Good luck,

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Timeline
i came under my moms visa,k2.i was 19years old at that time.so,she went back,to romania,and i suppose to go with her...i just found out in july that i was illegal,even though i am legally married to my husband,who is an american citizen.

Definately consult with an attorney BEFORE you leave the U.S. If you entered with inspection, your overstay generally can be forgiven as the spouse of US citizen allowing you to adjust your status here - no waiver needed.

Here is a list of recommended attorneys that may be helpful. http://www.immigrate2us.net/forum/showthread.php?t=889

Support Family Unity- www.americanfamiliesunited.org. Become a member today!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.