margara&john

when should we schedule the medical exam

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi everyone. I am John, and I just joined the site today. This site is GREAT. I have spent the last couple of hours reading all kinds of helpful things. Our case has been sent to the embassy in Bogota, and we are trying to get all of our things ready. Looking at other timelines, it seems that most people have their medical exam within a couple of days of the interview. We would prefer to go do the medical exam right away (maybe 2 months before the interview). Would this be a problem? Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hi everyone. I am John, and I just joined the site today. This site is GREAT. I have spent the last couple of hours reading all kinds of helpful things. Our case has been sent to the embassy in Bogota, and we are trying to get all of our things ready. Looking at other timelines, it seems that most people have their medical exam within a couple of days of the interview. We would prefer to go do the medical exam right away (maybe 2 months before the interview). Would this be a problem? Thanks

You have to see where the approved doctors in Colombia are located. My husband had to have his medical days before the interview because the closest doctor was actually STATES away. So, we scheduled an appt with a doctor in Rio - where the interview is. We waited until we had an interview date because of this.

If there is a doctor where your fiancee lives she should go now.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Timeline

You have to see where the approved doctors in Colombia are located. My husband had to have his medical days before the interview because the closest doctor was actually STATES away. So, we scheduled an appt with a doctor in Rio - where the interview is. We waited until we had an interview date because of this.

Thanks. She has to travel by air for the medical exam (same city as embassy), but I do not want to leave it until the last minute. I will be traveling with her to the interview, but I am only able to make my trip a few days.

Timeline

Thanks. She has to travel by air for the medical exam (same city as embassy), but I do not want to leave it until the last minute. I will be traveling with her to the interview, but I am only able to make my trip a few days.

Does she live far from Bogota? In my husband's case, it was really expensive to travel just for a quick exam so we contaced the doctor before who approved the lab where my husband got his blood tests done, and then later the hospital for the x-ray. I was a bit nervous with waiting 'til last minute but it seems most Brazilians, if not many, do that.

Plus, he had all the exams and vaccines in advance.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

07/2007 - EAD approved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Welcome to the forum!

As soon as I had the new casenumber from the NVC I went and had my medical exam done,I think thats the best thing to do.

My medical exam was 3 months prior to the interview.

Timeline

Margarita lives far from Bogota (Medellin), but I think a trip to Bogota with Daniela (her daughter) could be a fun thing for them, even if it is for a medical exam. The trip won't cost us too much, and I am too much of a worry wart to try to use a diferent doctor or facility than the ones listed on the Embassy page. Love this site!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

John,

You should check out the Colombian thread on this forum where you will find lots of useful info.

1. Your fiancée needs to get packet 3 from the embassy and send the requested documents back to them so she can get an interview.

2. Once the embassy gets all her paperwork, they will send her packet 4. Packet 4 is the actual appointment letter. There are only 2 doctors she can go see in Bogotá, she needs to see one of them and no one else, and they won't see her without the appointment letter. She also needs to get her lab work done before seeing the doctor and she might need this letter to have that done.

In the thread there are several shortcuts she can take to get an appointment faster or to even get packets 3 & 4 since these get lost in the mail some times. Since the thread is so long, you should start reading from the last page backwards until you find all the info you need.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline
John,

You should check out the Colombian thread on this forum where you will find lots of useful info.

1. Your fiancée needs to get packet 3 from the embassy and send the requested documents back to them so she can get an interview.

2. Once the embassy gets all her paperwork, they will send her packet 4. Packet 4 is the actual appointment letter. There are only 2 doctors she can go see in Bogotá, she needs to see one of them and no one else, and they won't see her without the appointment letter. She also needs to get her lab work done before seeing the doctor and she might need this letter to have that done.

In the thread there are several shortcuts she can take to get an appointment faster or to even get packets 3 & 4 since these get lost in the mail some times. Since the thread is so long, you should start reading from the last page backwards until you find all the info you need.

Diana

Diana is always a great help.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

07/2007 - EAD approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.