ALES

Original Receipting Lies

4 posts in this topic

I think they are lying when it comes to the date rerecpting for I130. They received mine on August 10, however on online things. says:

"On December 21, 2007, we received this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

So if this is the case, than I130 coutns from Dec. 26, and next 6 months! This is shady!

Wright, I was finally able to check my case status online today!

I think they are lying when it comes to the date rerecpting for I130. They received mine on August 10, however on online things. says:

"On December 21, 2007, we received this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

So if this is the case, than I130 coutns from Dec. 26, and next 6 months! This is shady!

Wright, I was finally able to check my case status online today!

You have a receipt date of August 10 because according to your handy "return receipt" notice from the post office, that is when it was delivered. That, however is not when USCIS received it....they received it on December 21...according to the Receipt Notice - I-797C, Notice of Action(NOA1) you're quoting from. That is the date that counts....they care not for when you sent it, only for when they officially receive it by logging it into their system and generating you the NOA1.

You'll get another NOA (NOA2) when your petition is approved.

Not shady at all, just how USCIS works.

Good luck,

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

"Receipt Date on Notice – USCIS has indicated that the date of the receipt notice will be the date USCIS received the application in the mailroom. However, some receipt notices received indicate a later date. Can you please explain why this might be happening? What should an applicant do if there is this error?

Response: On USCIS’ website it says the agency will honor the actual date that an application was received in the mailroom. These are questions for USCIS and we will post their answers here when we have them. In the meantime, if you have specific examples, please email them to us at cisombudsman.publicaffairs@dhs.gov."

USCIS said they will honor the actual date that an applicaton was received in the mailroom. ..which is obviously not the case....

USCIS said they will honor the actual date that an applicaton was received in the mailroom. ..which is obviously not the case....

Indeed, it is stated on their website but only time will tell what "honor/honour" actually means to USCIS.

I have an official replacement receipt notice for my I130 because the original was lost in the mail. It has a received/priority date of 20070411 but a notice date of 08/20/2007 (the date it was reprinted).

Do you have these 2 dates on the original NOA1 or does it only show the notice date?

Cheryl

06/2005 Met Josh online ~ 02/2006 My 1st visit to the US ~ 09/2006 2nd US visit (Josh proposed) ~ 02/2007 3rd US visit (married)

04/2007 K3 visa applied ~ 05/2007 Josh's 1st UK visit ~ 09/2007 4th US visit ~ 02/2008 K3 visa completed ~ 02/2008 US entry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

04/2008 AOS/EAD filed ~ 05/2008 Biometrics ~ 06/2008 EAD recv'd ~ 08/2008 Conditional greencard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/2010 3rd wedding anniversary ~ 06/04/2010 Apply for lifting conditions ~ 06/14 package delivered ~ 07/23 Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.