greeneyedgirlfl

Last questions before I send in the I-129F

10 posts in this topic

I have a few questions before I send in the I-129F...

1. Do you send in pictures...if yes, can you print them on regular paper, or do I need to print them as regular photos (I have a printer that can do both)...what type of bag should I place them in, and should I attach the bag to anything?

2. The instructions specify that the two passport photos need to be in a bag. What kind of bag do you need to have and how do you attach it to the sheet of paper?

3. My birth certificate only has a front...is this the correct birth certificate?

4. If I copy my passport, do I need to copy every single page, or just the information at the front? I haven't used it yet (but will in March/April), so it would only be for identification purposes...

5. I only have two cell phone bills, but they don't specify a number, only that he called the US...is that enough?

6. I have only been able to print out our Skype conversations (which we started on the 3rd of January)...almost everything else is on yahoo or msn and we almost exclusively were using the webcam...any suggestions?

I know some of these questions sound a bit moronic, but I want to do this the right way the first time.

Thanks so much for your help!!!

Dawn

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

put the misc pictures in a small plastic bag be sure they are labeled and dated some use photo album sheets etc i believe each 325 need a photo (yours and his) i think i just paper clipped on to the form be sure name and date again. It thats your style birth certificate will be good, Passport main name page and any stamps (YOU HAVE BEEN TO SEE THE SO HAVENT YOU) as this is a MAJOR requirement to file.I doubt that phone bill will account for much, letters, email, chat logs? You can save Yahoo chats. Letters of intent to marry? Divorce papers? trying to think back what was in ours....The main thing i didnt pick up on was you have made the visit since passport not used...

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

With ours I organised the photos for Mark. Got six standard 6x4 photos of us together with printed labels on the backs that stated when and where the photo was taken. We had photos from a mutual friend's wedding reception of the two of us together from last July and also one taken at his parents house and one at an ice-cream parlour in Lawrence, so we used those.

Since I visited him in the US I sent him colour photocopies of my tickets and boarding pass stubs and of the page of my passport that shows my photo, etc. Photocopying every page would have been pointless as I've only used it the once!

We both did a signed letter of intent.

He sent in an original birth certificate as he got three official copies - not sure what kind but I explained to him that he needed what we refer to as a 'full' birth certificate in the UK, showing the parents names - so that he could also apply for his passport to come here to visit me in the UK and so he could be sure of having one in hand to give to me.

Mark used some of those sandwich bags with the sealable strip at the top and put a label with his name on for his bag, and a label with my name for my bag and then paperclipped them to the respective forms.

Mark also printed off a couple of our e-mails to each other over the past few months - both of these e-mails were given on the forms, so we figured that was a good option - but didn't provide anything further in the way of chat logs, etc.

No idea if we provided enough information as we obviously have not heard anything at this stage, but that's what we included.

Settling into married life

Waiting on the EAD, AP, and AOS

Passport main name page and any stamps (YOU HAVE BEEN TO SEE THE SO HAVENT YOU) as this is a MAJOR requirement to file.

My passport hasn't been used, but as my sig. refers, he has visited twice and I do have his passport with the appropriate stamps for those visits....

Thanks a bunch for the info...I'm off to buy some small bags (all mine are the industrial size variety)....

Dawn

Dawn

March 2007 - Met online

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Passport main name page and any stamps (YOU HAVE BEEN TO SEE THE SO HAVENT YOU) as this is a MAJOR requirement to file.

My passport hasn't been used, but as my sig. refers, he has visited twice and I do have his passport with the appropriate stamps for those visits....

Thanks a bunch for the info...I'm off to buy some small bags (all mine are the industrial size variety)....

Dawn

Did he keep his boarding passes? Also any receipts, transactions on bank statements which place him with you at the specified time?

I believe the photos are secondary evidence but I included 3 or 4 and printed them out myself. They will want firmer proof of your meeting such as the passport stamps and ticket stubs etc.

Proof of ongoing relationship is required for interview but I included phone bills and some copies of letters.

Good luck w/ your 'journey'. Please see my answers below. :)

I have a few questions before I send in the I-129F...

1. Do you send in pictures...if yes, can you print them on regular paper, or do I need to print them as regular photos (I have a printer that can do both)...what type of bag should I place them in, and should I attach the bag to anything?

We included 5 misc.(date stamped by my camera) photos of us together. I placed them in a ziploc type bag and labeled it as such.

2. The instructions specify that the two passport photos need to be in a bag. What kind of bag do you need to have and how do you attach it to the sheet of paper?

Again, I used a ziploc bag, wrote w/ perm marker Beneficiary: __Name___ and Petitioner: __Name____ on the bags and stapled the bags to a piece of 81/2 x 11 piece of paper.

3. My birth certificate only has a front...is this the correct birth certificate?

Dunno...I believe BC's differ from state to state.

4. If I copy my passport, do I need to copy every single page, or just the information at the front? I haven't used it yet (but will in March/April), so it would only be for identification purposes...

I was using my passport to prove my US citizenship, so I copied every single page. In addition, as I was proving the personal meeting w/ the passport also, I just included in that section copies of the applicable pages from my passport showing entry/exit stamps and wrote the appropriate explanation on the page in quesiton.

5. I only have two cell phone bills, but they don't specify a number, only that he called the US...is that enough?

I'm not sure why you're including this in the initial I-129F application, as this is very secondary evidence as it does not directly prove that you have met w/ your fiancee in person. (I didn't include any such evidence, but if you are including it...I would think it only makes sense if it is showing the # that is calling you.)

6. I have only been able to print out our Skype conversations (which we started on the 3rd of January)...almost everything else is on yahoo or msn and we almost exclusively were using the webcam...any suggestions?

See my answer to #5. Not necessary to include, but if so....You can print out (by copying the appropriate 'screenshot' of the skype Call Log into a word file, and printing that out.

I know some of these questions sound a bit moronic, but I want to do this the right way the first time.

Thanks so much for your help!!!

Dawn

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

He sent me copies of his e-ticket for his November trip, but he had to get a letter from Virgin Atlantic stating his flight # and the dates of his travel for his June/July trip (he didn't keep his ticket)...

Dawn

March 2007 - Met online

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
He sent me copies of his e-ticket for his November trip, but he had to get a letter from Virgin Atlantic stating his flight # and the dates of his travel for his June/July trip (he didn't keep his ticket)...

Eticket and Virgin Atlantic Letter plus passport stamps will be your primary evidence.

Ur supporting/secondary evidence will be ur pictures--better to have them date stamped, but ours weren't. We just sent pics of our engagement and wrote the date on the back.

As ppl have said above, no need to send ur chats/emails/phone bills now as they won't help. At the petition stage u are just required to prove that u met each other in the last two years. WHen u get the chance review the 129F/K 1 guide in detail before u mail ur petition.

To prove your US citizenship u only need one of the following:

Ur birth certificate-they ask for front and back, mine was only one sided, and was a copy however, it included my parents name, place of birth with township seal . To be on safe side just copy both sides even if the other side is blank

Or u can send your passport- every single page, even if it is blank needs to be copied, write ur name on each page

All we sent with our 129f was three pictures together, boarding cards plus itinerary (the airports he came through were within my state of residence) and birth certificate (one sided) plus id page of passport (don't ask, my lawyer did this and I was worried I was going to get an rfe but didn't thankfully)

good luck

ps make sure u signed the pages u need to, this is a common mistake and results in an rfe causing unnecessary delay

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-26

I-129F NOA1 issued : 2007-08-06

NOA2 received: 12/20/07

NVC received: 12/28/07

NVC sent to embassy 1/2/08

Packet 3 received: 1/15/08

Packet 3 sent: 1/21/08

Interview- 2/14/08

K1 Visa APPROVED- 2/15/08 and delivered 2/21/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

Good luck on your visa journey! :thumbs:

I-175 Timeline

June 22nd 2010 - Package sent

June 23rd 2010 - Package received CSC by M Guerrero

June 23rd 2010 - NOA

August 17th 2010 - Biometrics

September 17th 2010 - Approved!!!

Thanks so much for the info...it has definitely helped!!! :)

Dawn

Dawn

March 2007 - Met online

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.