w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Home reposessions up 421% in California from a year ago

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Foreclosures and default notices skyrocketed to record peaks in California and the Bay Area in the fourth quarter of 2007, according to a report released Tuesday. The information was a fresh reminder that the slumping real estate market is continuing to have a serious impact on homeowners, particularly those with risky subprime mortgages.

Lenders repossessed 31,676 residences in California in the October-November-December period, according to DataQuick Information Systems, a La Jolla research firm. That was a dramatic 421.2 percent increase from 6,078 in the year-ago quarter.

In the Bay Area, foreclosures rose an equally stunning 482.5 percent to 4,573 in the fourth quarter, compared with 785 a year ago. Contra Costa County, with 1,558 foreclosures, up 533.3 percent from a year ago, had the most, followed by Alameda County with 1,026 (a 514.4 percent increase) and Solano County with 704 (up 528.6 percent).

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...I.DTL&tsp=1

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

I have been registered to this real estate listings email alert here in westside LA - every single day for the past month I have seen a listing for a home that is in foreclosure.

Do you get calls from realtors? I was on a similar mailing list but I had to get a realtor to put me on the list... and the fukcer wouldn't stop calling.

I have been registered to this real estate listings email alert here in westside LA - every single day for the past month I have seen a listing for a home that is in foreclosure.

We looked at that realtor on Abbott Kinney - 1BR, 1BA condos for $1 mil. #######? Where is the cheap stuff???

We looked at that realtor on Abbott Kinney - 1BR, 1BA condos for $1 mil. #######? Where is the cheap stuff???

inna de ghetto....

Edited by VJ Troll

Do you get calls from realtors? I was on a similar mailing list but I had to get a realtor to put me on the list... and the fukcer wouldn't stop calling.

Never - I get a lot of spam though.

90day.jpg

Not on or near Abbott Kinney that is for sure - you can get 2-beds in Culver and Silver Lake and some one-beds in Santa monica for under $400k. There is the odd house in Silver Lake for under $500k (probably in the more ghetto parts)

90day.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

So far people can still make the payments on the cheap stuff!