ILoveJoy

Picking Up Visa at Embassy - What If US Citizen Accompanies?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thanks for all the responses... I have one more question. If the CO does approve my request for Joy to pick up the visa, to they give her some sort of document to show the guard when she returns for the pick up, or will she simply be on some sort of pick up list?

Someone just called after 2 days and gave us a name and window number to tell the guard and it was no problem for us to get in. We both went to pick it up. We were there Feb 2007.

I plan on attending interview with my Fiance also .

Do you need a formal letter to give consulate or can you ask at end of interview !

Thanks

Ed

Hi Folks,

Regarding picking up the visa at the embassy...

I will by accompanying Joy to the embassy interview, and hopefully flying with her to the US a week later. Does anyone know if it is more likely that the consular officer will approve visa pickup if the US citizen fiance is with her? Thanks.

Marc

My fiance now my husband was with me during interview and he asked for a visa picked up and it was granted . we waited 4 days for it.

We gave the CO a written request signed by both of us and she said, "no problem, we will expedite it but make no promises on the number of days it will take." I think it took 4 working days to be ready for pick up.

Good Luck,

Kev n Jena

hi, can you share me your format of the request letter you gave to the CO. I WOULD WANT TO MAKE REQUEST ALSO FOR VISA PICK UP. THANKS AND GOD BLESS ALWAYS!!! :star:

June 11 - Mailed I-129F to TSC

June 14 - CSC Received I-129F

June 20 - I-129F Notice Date

Nov 2 - NOA2

Nov 8 - NOA 2 hard copy

Nov 20 - Package left NVC

Nov. 26 - USEM received our packet from NVC

Jan 8- Early Medical, received Packet 4

Jan 10- Medical Passed after 3 days in SLEC!!! Whew!!!

Jan 17: Early CFO seminar

Jan 30 - SLEC Medical Exam Appt

Feb 7th - INTERVIEW appointment at USEM (APPROVED!!!)

Feb 12th - Visa on Hand!

Feb 15th - Patrick's departure

Feb 18 - Pat filed for Social Security # and we applied for marriage license

March 1- WEDDING DAY

March 14 - Pat got his SS card thru the mail

Mid-April - We received our marriage license in the mail

May 2- Michelle's graduation :)

May 5- AOS Filing

May 13 - NOA 1 for AED AOS

May 31 - Biometrics

June 25- Notice of Tranfer of Docs to CSC

July 16 - EAD - Card Production Ordered

July 24 - EAD Card RECEIVED

July 25 - AOS WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

July 28 - GREEN CARD received!!!

April 30,2010 - I-751 sent to VSC

May 04, 2010 - I-767C

MARCH29, 2012 - N-400 SENT

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thanks for all the responses... I have one more question. If the CO does approve my request for Joy to pick up the visa, to they give her some sort of document to show the guard when she returns for the pick up, or will she simply be on some sort of pick up list?

when my request for visa pick-up got approved, another window gave me a purple card with schedule of visa pick-up in embassy (date & time). Though the filipino staff , who gave me the purple card, told me that somebody will give me a call the next day for final confirmation of the specified schedule.

Next day, I received the call..got the visa on the specified schedule...

Dong & Dang

12/28/2007.....Sent Packet for AOS application

12/29/2007.....USCIS Chicago received our AOS Packet

01/22/2008.....Date of two NOA1 (I-797C) for I-765-EAD & I-131-Application for Travel Document

[Received in mail last 01/26/07]

01/24/2008.....USCIS Chicago encashed our checks

01/28/2008.....Received NOA1 for I-485 though notice, dated 01/22/2008

01/30/2008.....Received Biometrics schedule, Notice date 01/25/2008

02/15/2008.....Biometrics Schedule

02/20/2008.....Confirmation of receipt of RFE (source:USCIS case online update)

02/21/2008.....touched

03/03/2008.....Issued I-512L, Authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States

03/06/2008.....Issued EAD Card (Employment Authorization)

04/23/2008.....Received Interview Schedule

06/11/2008.....Interview Schedule - Phoenix, AZ

06/14/2008.....Received Notice for the Approval of AOS Application

06/16/2008.....Received Green Card.

www.annie-thejourney.com

www.unforgettable-weddings.com

www.gorgeous-mommy.com

www.churvah.com

Thanks to Rina..

She just gave me an advice on a proper Visa Pick up reason...

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

Who do I address it to? I inquired with my congressman and this is what they sent me:

This is in reply to your inquiry of December 19, 2007, regarding the visa concerns of your constituent, Tim.

As you are aware, the applicant is scheduled for a visa interview on February 4, 2008. At that time, a consular officer will determine if the applicant is eligible for a visa.

[/size]

If the applicant is found to be eligible for a visa, the visa packet will be delivered to the applicant's designated address by guaranteed courier service within 7 to 10 working days. We will also consider a request for special handling of visa issuance, pick up and delivery within the constraints of our resources. If the applicant would like to pick up the visa packet at the Embassy, she should submit a written request addressed to the adjudicating consular officer indicating her complete name, case number, current address, and telephone/mobile number(s). Applicants should make no final travel arrangements until they receive the visa packet.

If the applicant would like to inquire further about the status of the visa case, she may contact the Embassy's Visa Call Center at telephone 1-909-101-7878. This number is for subscribers of PLDT and Smart telephone touchtone landlines with national and international distance dialing features (NDD or IDD access). Callers in the USA can contact the Call Center at 1-888-877-9888. The Call Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Manila time). There is a fee assessed to callers by the Call Center for its services.

[/color]

Immigrant Visa Correspondence Unit

Consular Section

Manila, Philippines

THIS E-MAIL IS UNCLASSIFIED AS DEFINED IN EXECUTIVE ORDER 12958

I think we addressed it "Dear Consular Officer". I'm going to see if I still have the letter that we submitted at the end of Jena's interview when I get home from work tonight. It might still be on my computer.

Kev_n_Jena

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

I am with my husband during my interview and it went smoothly as possible.. :)

We already had my plane ticket scheduled for Nov 28 and my interview was Nov 21..

After hearing we are approved, my husband seemed so excited and forgot to asked about the visa pick-up..

We went to window 38 where our proofs of bonafide marriage will be return and asked the lady there about our planned flight, she just said that its not her right to decide but she will ask our CO about that..

She called us again and said that the CO said yes regarding our request..

The same day somebody called me and said that my visa was ready for pick-up on Nov 23 since Nov 22 is thanksgiving and embassy will be close..We are so happy..I guess nothing matters if u are with her besides it will help her not to be nervous.. Good luck.. :)

~ Ledy

Nov. 28, 07 - Arrived in US with my asawa

Dec. 8. 07 - Received my SSC through mail

Jan. 19, 08 - Received welcome notice from USCIS 3x

Jan. 25, 08 - Got my GC

Sept. 4, 08 - Jody, our baby arrived

~Removal of condition Time line~

Aug. 5, 09 - Reminder letter from USCIS regarding my immigration status received

Sept. 8, 2009 - Sent I-751

Sept. 11, 2009 - Mail delivered to VT

Sept. 18, 2009 - NOA1 & extension letter DATED 09/14/09

Sept. 25, 2009 - Biometrics appointment letter received

Oct. 14, 2009 - Early biometrics

Oct. 15, 2009 - Touched

Oct. 23, 2009 - Scheduled biometrics

Dec. 31, 2009 - Approval letter received dated 12/24/09

Jan. 08, 2010 - Card production ordered

Jan. 19, 2010 - GC received

~Naturalization Timeline~

April 30, 2018 - Filed N400 online

May 1, 2018 - NOA

May 21, 2018 - Biometrics Appointment

Feb. 5, 2019 - Interview and Oath Ceremony Combined

~Tatay's I-130 Journey~

March 8, 2019 - Filed I-130 for Tatay

March 15, 2019 - check cashed

a4tv.jpgyVHim7.png
btUi.jpgpvDTm7.png

We already had my plane ticket scheduled for Nov 28 and my interview was Nov 21..

After hearing we are approved, my husband seemed so excited and forgot to asked about the visa pick-up..

We went to window 38 where our proofs of bonafide marriage will be return and asked the lady there about our planned flight, she just said that its not her right to decide but she will ask our CO about that..

The same day somebody called me and said that my visa was ready for pick-up on Nov 23 since Nov 22 is thanksgiving and embassy will be close..We are so happy..I guess nothing matters if u are with her besides it will help her not to be nervous.. Good luck.. :)

You were very lucky Lhedy.. You were very lucky..

It seems like in a matter of month everything has change.. Like I said... It seems like their trying to test a system that might work and eliminate Document Fraud..

But it looks like its not working.. Even from paying this Docs Verification fee.. Visas are still getting delayed..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

i was reading the embassy reviews and looked up Juarez Mexico where my fiancee will have her interview. theres a review there of the visa being issued the same day as the interview and it was on dec of 07' . i hope they are still doing it that way rather than wait.

It seems like in a matter of month everything has change.. Like I said... It seems like their trying to test a system that might work and eliminate Document Fraud..

But it looks like its not working.. Even from paying this Docs Verification fee.. Visas are still getting delayed..

Sorry to hear that the process has changed recently. I'm not aware of the change since we are concentrating on AOS right now.

I can't find our original letter that we submitted at the interview but it was simple and mentioned that she would like me to accompany her on her flight to the US. I also remember that it said "IF" she was granted a visa and didn't assume that she would be.

Kev n Jena

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

We haven't had that docs verification fee on our batch..I dont understand why do they need that..lol :P

They release visa as fast as they can and for as long as the applicant dont have any problem with the documents submitted..If so, then they need to have some review and of course will cause some delays..

~ Ledy

Nov. 28, 07 - Arrived in US with my asawa

Dec. 8. 07 - Received my SSC through mail

Jan. 19, 08 - Received welcome notice from USCIS 3x

Jan. 25, 08 - Got my GC

Sept. 4, 08 - Jody, our baby arrived

~Removal of condition Time line~

Aug. 5, 09 - Reminder letter from USCIS regarding my immigration status received

Sept. 8, 2009 - Sent I-751

Sept. 11, 2009 - Mail delivered to VT

Sept. 18, 2009 - NOA1 & extension letter DATED 09/14/09

Sept. 25, 2009 - Biometrics appointment letter received

Oct. 14, 2009 - Early biometrics

Oct. 15, 2009 - Touched

Oct. 23, 2009 - Scheduled biometrics

Dec. 31, 2009 - Approval letter received dated 12/24/09

Jan. 08, 2010 - Card production ordered

Jan. 19, 2010 - GC received

~Naturalization Timeline~

April 30, 2018 - Filed N400 online

May 1, 2018 - NOA

May 21, 2018 - Biometrics Appointment

Feb. 5, 2019 - Interview and Oath Ceremony Combined

~Tatay's I-130 Journey~

March 8, 2019 - Filed I-130 for Tatay

March 15, 2019 - check cashed

a4tv.jpgyVHim7.png
btUi.jpgpvDTm7.png

i was reading the embassy reviews and looked up Juarez Mexico where my fiancee will have her interview. theres a review there of the visa being issued the same day as the interview and it was on dec of 07' . i hope they are still doing it that way rather than wait.

We haven't had that docs verification fee on our batch..I dont understand why do they need that..lol :P

They release visa as fast as they can and for as long as the applicant dont have any problem with the documents submitted..If so, then they need to have some review and of course will cause some delays..

So far so good... I haven't seen any CR-IR Applicants that got delayed over Docs Verification..

Majority of the delays are from K Visas..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.