ILoveJoy

Picking Up Visa at Embassy - What If US Citizen Accompanies?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Folks,

Regarding picking up the visa at the embassy...

I will by accompanying Joy to the embassy interview, and hopefully flying with her to the US a week later. Does anyone know if it is more likely that the consular officer will approve visa pickup if the US citizen fiance is with her? Thanks.

Marc

u]TIMELINE[/u]

Fiancee Visa

May 25 thru June 2, 2007- Marc and Joy meet and spend time in person in Davao, Philippines

June 12, 2007- I-129F mailed to TSC

June 25, 2007- Check cashed

June 25, 2007- NOA1 Receipt date (at CSC)

July 6. 2007- NOA1 hard copy received from CSC

November 6, 2007- NOA2 (Notice date, per website) YES!!!

November 9, 2007- NOA2 Hard copy received

November 29, 2007- Received NVC letter

December 3, 2007- I-129F package received by embassy

Jan. 15-16, 2008 - Early medical at St. Luke's

January 30, 2008- Medical appointment date

February 7, 2008- Embassy interview date

February 11, 2008 - Pick up visa at embassy

February 15, 2008 - Joy and I fly to US together

AOS

March 17, 2008 - Joy and I are married! (YES!!!)

March 18, 2008 - I-485 and I-765 mailed to Chicago

April 2, 2008 - Receipt date for I-485 and I-765

April 24, 2008 - Biometrics appointment

April 24, 2008 - I-485 transferred to California Service Center

May 2, 2008 - Received notice of transfer to CSC

May 18, 2008 - I-485 touched

June 4, 2008 - Received CRIS e-mail: EAD card production ordered

June 9, 2008 - Received 2nd Notice from CRIS: EAD card production ordered

June 11, 2008 - Received 3rd Notice from CRIS: EAD card production ordered

June 14, 2008 - Received EAD card in mail

July 22, 2008 - Received CRIS e-mail: Letter mailed welcoming new permanent resident

July 26, 2008 - Received letter weloming new permanent residence in mail

July 28, 2008 - Green Card received in mail!!!

Hi Folks,

I will by accompanying Joy to the embassy interview, and hopefully flying with her to the US a week later. Does anyone know if it is more likely that the consular officer will approve visa pickup if the US citizen fiance is with her? Thanks.

Marc

My fiance now my husband was with me during interview and he asked for a visa picked up and it was granted . we waited 4 days for it.

God is Great .. God is good... all the time..

N_-400

12/13/2010- SEnt The packet

12/22/2010- The packet was returned due to missing page.

12/23/2010- Resend the packet with complete pages.

12/29/2010- Check cashed in

01/03/2010- Receive NOA

01/10/2011- Email from USCIS for the Required Evidence( Finger printing)

01/26/2011-Biometric Schedule

02/07/2011-USCIS online status update-

02/12/2011- Received Interview Letter Scheduled March 14

02/12/2011- Received Descheduled letter

02/17/2011- USCIS online Status update

02/22/2011-New IL arrived schedule for March 29

02/22/2011-Descheduled Letter Again ( 2nd Time)

02/23/2011- I called USCIS and I was told new schedule in the computer for March 22

02/23/2011-USCIS ONline update....

03/01/2011-Interview Letter for March 22 @ 7:15 AM

03/22/2011- Interview and Oath; US Citizen

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I plan on attending interview with my Fiance also .

Do you need a formal letter to give consulate or can you ask at end of interview !

Thanks

Ed

Hi Folks,

Marc

My fiance now my husband was with me during interview and he asked for a visa picked up and it was granted . we waited 4 days for it.

I plan on attending interview with my Fiance also .

Do you need a formal letter to give consulate or can you ask at end of interview !

Thanks

Ed

Hi Folks,

Marc

We gave the CO a written request signed by both of us and she said, "no problem, we will expedite it but make no promises on the number of days it will take." I think it took 4 working days to be ready for pick up.

Good Luck,

Kev n Jena

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

We gave the CO a written request signed by both of us and she said, "no problem, we will expedite it but make no promises on the number of days it will take." I think it took 4 working days to be ready for pick up.

Good Luck,

Kev n Jena

Wonder why some people have said they received their VISA that same day soon after their interview and other get sent home until a few days later?? :ranting:

I-130 PETITION

May-11-07 Mailed I-130 to CSC

Sept-14-07 I-130 APPROVED!!!!..after 100 days!

NVC Process

Sept-24-07 NVC rec'd case/assigned number

Jan-04-08 NVC CASE COMPLETE

USEM

Feb-14-2008 INTERVIEW IN USEManila APPROVED!!!

Feb-19-2008 Visa in HAND!! Wohoo!!!

IN TEXAS

Feb-28-2008 POE DFW

Mar-24-2008 Receive Green Card on Mail..

REMOVING CONDITIONS NOV..

Jan-11-2010 Mailed I-175 to VSC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi Folks,

Marc

most couple that were together during USE interview & requested visa pick-up were granted..so i assume that petitioner's presence during applicant's interview is a great advantage for visa pick-up approval

Dong & Dang

12/28/2007.....Sent Packet for AOS application

12/29/2007.....USCIS Chicago received our AOS Packet

01/22/2008.....Date of two NOA1 (I-797C) for I-765-EAD & I-131-Application for Travel Document

[Received in mail last 01/26/07]

01/24/2008.....USCIS Chicago encashed our checks

01/28/2008.....Received NOA1 for I-485 though notice, dated 01/22/2008

01/30/2008.....Received Biometrics schedule, Notice date 01/25/2008

02/15/2008.....Biometrics Schedule

02/20/2008.....Confirmation of receipt of RFE (source:USCIS case online update)

02/21/2008.....touched

03/03/2008.....Issued I-512L, Authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States

03/06/2008.....Issued EAD Card (Employment Authorization)

04/23/2008.....Received Interview Schedule

06/11/2008.....Interview Schedule - Phoenix, AZ

06/14/2008.....Received Notice for the Approval of AOS Application

06/16/2008.....Received Green Card.

www.annie-thejourney.com

www.unforgettable-weddings.com

www.gorgeous-mommy.com

www.churvah.com

Timeline
Hi Folks,

Marc

I was with my fiancee (now my wife of course) and presented a written request to the CO which was approved, but I know of others who were not. We picked up the VISA 2 days after interview.

Make sure you put your request in writing and sign it. State the reason you are requesting it (... you are there to accompany her on her trip to the US ...). Present the written request to the CO at the interview.

Timeline
Hi Folks,

Marc

I was with my fiancee (now my wife of course) and presented a written request to the CO which was approved, but I know of others who were not. We picked up the VISA 2 days after interview.

Make sure you put your request in writing and sign it. State the reason you are requesting it (... you are there to accompany her on her trip to the US ...). Present the written request to the CO at the interview.

Hey Mark,

I accompanid my girl to the interview. The interview went well and she passed with no issues. However, they would not grant visa pickup. The interview was on Jan 8 and she still has not received her visa. I called the embassy to see what the problem was, They sad they were ding additional checking and and would not tell me what for. Its very fustrating and heartbreaking. grrrrr.. so hope you have better luck.

Mark

I was just curious about your reason for request.. :whistle:

Since it was already instructed not to make travel plans..

Wonder why some people have said they received their VISA that same day soon after their interview and other get sent home until a few days later?? :ranting:

I remember they use to do that.. Get approve and get VISA the same day.. I think it was before the 9/11..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

I remember they use to do that.. Get approve and get VISA the same day.. I think it was before the 9/11..

:angry: Darn 9/11 :ranting:

I-130 PETITION

May-11-07 Mailed I-130 to CSC

Sept-14-07 I-130 APPROVED!!!!..after 100 days!

NVC Process

Sept-24-07 NVC rec'd case/assigned number

Jan-04-08 NVC CASE COMPLETE

USEM

Feb-14-2008 INTERVIEW IN USEManila APPROVED!!!

Feb-19-2008 Visa in HAND!! Wohoo!!!

IN TEXAS

Feb-28-2008 POE DFW

Mar-24-2008 Receive Green Card on Mail..

REMOVING CONDITIONS NOV..

Jan-11-2010 Mailed I-175 to VSC

Timeline

I was just curious about your reason for request.. :whistle:

Since it was already instructed not to make travel plans..

I simply stated the truth, that I was there to help her with her travel, and gave the date of our flights. I guess they accepted that.

I think they like to limit the number of people returning to the Embassy tp pick VISAs because it's a hassle to have all those people come back again. In my experience, if you make a polite request in writing, that's the best shot you have at getting them to agree. It's totally up to the CO's judgement.

I simply stated the truth, that I was there to help her with her travel, and gave the date of our flights. I guess they accepted that.

I think they like to limit the number of people returning to the Embassy tp pick VISAs because it's a hassle to have all those people come back again. In my experience, if you make a polite request in writing, that's the best shot you have at getting them to agree. It's totally up to the CO's judgement.

WoW.. I thought they would get upset at you for doing such a thing...

I mean you can still help her with her travel even if it was delivered.. I myself is doing the same thing..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

Good Luck,

Kev n Jena

Really? :o I haven't heard of anyone being issued a K type visa the same day as the interview.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline

Thanks for all the responses... I have one more question. If the CO does approve my request for Joy to pick up the visa, to they give her some sort of document to show the guard when she returns for the pick up, or will she simply be on some sort of pick up list?

u]TIMELINE[/u]

Fiancee Visa

May 25 thru June 2, 2007- Marc and Joy meet and spend time in person in Davao, Philippines

June 12, 2007- I-129F mailed to TSC

June 25, 2007- Check cashed

June 25, 2007- NOA1 Receipt date (at CSC)

July 6. 2007- NOA1 hard copy received from CSC

November 6, 2007- NOA2 (Notice date, per website) YES!!!

November 9, 2007- NOA2 Hard copy received

November 29, 2007- Received NVC letter

December 3, 2007- I-129F package received by embassy

Jan. 15-16, 2008 - Early medical at St. Luke's

January 30, 2008- Medical appointment date

February 7, 2008- Embassy interview date

February 11, 2008 - Pick up visa at embassy

February 15, 2008 - Joy and I fly to US together

AOS

March 17, 2008 - Joy and I are married! (YES!!!)

March 18, 2008 - I-485 and I-765 mailed to Chicago

April 2, 2008 - Receipt date for I-485 and I-765

April 24, 2008 - Biometrics appointment

April 24, 2008 - I-485 transferred to California Service Center

May 2, 2008 - Received notice of transfer to CSC

May 18, 2008 - I-485 touched

June 4, 2008 - Received CRIS e-mail: EAD card production ordered

June 9, 2008 - Received 2nd Notice from CRIS: EAD card production ordered

June 11, 2008 - Received 3rd Notice from CRIS: EAD card production ordered

June 14, 2008 - Received EAD card in mail

July 22, 2008 - Received CRIS e-mail: Letter mailed welcoming new permanent resident

July 26, 2008 - Received letter weloming new permanent residence in mail

July 28, 2008 - Green Card received in mail!!!

Thanks for all the responses... I have one more question. If the CO does approve my request for Joy to pick up the visa, to they give her some sort of document to show the guard when she returns for the pick up, or will she simply be on some sort of pick up list?

After the interview we were told to wait until her number was called again. At that window the person gave her a card to bring back with her and show the guard at the front gate. They called her on her cell phone to let her know the day and time to come back for pick up. Keep in mind, this was July 2007.

Kev n Jena

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.