chess

Our Naples Medical Interview Summary

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: South Africa
Timeline

oh no... I'm getting soooooooo worried about this interview. :blink:

They have mentioned nothing to me about bringing a vaccine chart to the medical. If i didnt read this forum I would not even have known about it.

How did you know to take it with you? Were you told by them to do so... ?

I've already spoken to them about moving the interview and they've advised me to keep the interview date that I have.

I'm soooooooooooooooo stressed out. :crying:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
Thanks for the advice Chess.

I dont have a vaccine record or any proof of innoculations that I have had as a child. Although I had many...

Will this be a problem? I dont know if there is enough time for me to go to the doctor to get the test that chirpu speaks of... the one that shows what you are immune against... What should I do?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mel

I think you will have to get that test even if it means rescheduling your interview. That or else get a family member in your country of origin to hunt down some records from the state or maybe even the schools might have it. The vaccines are necessary for U.S. entrance. You really don't want to go through the hassle of paying for train tickets and hotel in Napoli only to hear you have to go back for these records or test. You may try calling the Institute where they do the medical exam to ask if they can administer the test your speaking of. Maybe they can rush the test results the day before your medical interview. I'd recommend finding someone who speaks Italian to do the call though, cause their English isn't optimal. Good luck!

I don't think they send you back to get the paper, they automatically consider you not immune therefore they will administrate every vaccine required. BTW I am not sure there is a titer test for every desease (maybe there is but you have to ask the doc), the titer I was talking about referred mainly to the common childhood deseases such as misles, mumps, rubella, chichen pox.

There is no way you can request this info to your country or something?

Edited by churipu

U.S. CITIZEN SINCE MAY 8TH 2008

NATURALIZATION

28th july 2007 - N-400 mailed to VSC

(exactly on the 90th day mark...applications NOT returned although some scared me into thinking they could have!)

30th july 2007 - N-400 delivered to VSC

11th august 2007 - Delivery Confirmation receipt received

17th september 2007 - Money Order (FINALLY!) cashed

9th november 2007 - NOA! (notification period given 180 days)

21th november 2007 - Biometrics appointment letter

18th december 2007 - Biometrics appointment in Baltimore, MD completed

29th march 2008 - FINALLY received letter with interview date!

8th may 2008 H 8:40 AM - Interview in Baltimore-APPROVED!

8th may 2008 H 3:00 pm (yes same day, crazy!) Oath Ceremony in Baltimore

24th may 2008 - US Passport application mailed off

6th june 2008 - US Passport received in the mail!!!

Timeline
I don't think they send you back to get the paper, they automatically consider you not immune therefore they will administrate every vaccine required. BTW I am not sure there is a titer test for every desease (maybe there is but you have to ask the doc), the titer I was talking about referred mainly to the common childhood deseases such as misles, mumps, rubella, chichen pox.

There is no way you can request this info to your country or something?

Yip, I have requested it, but my interview is next week Thursday and I doubt that I will get it in time...

We will just have to pay to get every vaccine required by them... ouch

I'm about to have a nervous breakdown, do you think they'll notice during the interview if I've gone insane... :wacko::lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Ciao a tutti,

My fiancee's Packet 3 and 4 didn't come with a I-134, it came with a I-864. Should I fill out both?? I am a full time student and my parents are acting as joint sponsors for him so it would mean my mother and I filling out 2 sets of virtually Identical paperwork. Only the I-134 is a little bigger pain to have her do.

Grazie,

Italy2LA

June 20 2007 - I-129F mailed to USCIS

July 2nd 2007 - I-129F Recieved

NOV 8th 2007 I- 797 NOA 1

Dec 17th 2007 -NOA 2 received

Dec 28th 2007 -Called and was told the approval was sent to Naples on DEC-14th 2007

Dec 28th 2007 -Jan 22nd Waiting in Italy together for the package and Interview.

Jan 22nd 2008 - Leaving Italy for LA without Ale

Jan 22nd 2008 - Ale finally gets through and talks to a live person.

Same day he gets both packages, 3&4,

sent VIA email. Amazing! Thank God!

Jan 31st 2008 - Ale calls and receives the interview date!

Feb 15th 2008 - Interview! ALE GOT HIS VISA!!!! PERFECT VALENTINES GIFT!

Feb 26th 2008 - Ale comes to LA

March 2008 - Courthouse wedding in LA

August 2008 - Church wedding in Italy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
Ciao a tutti,

My fiancee's Packet 3 and 4 didn't come with a I-134, it came with a I-864. Should I fill out both?? I am a full time student and my parents are acting as joint sponsors for him so it would mean my mother and I filling out 2 sets of virtually Identical paperwork. Only the I-134 is a little bigger pain to have her do.

Grazie,

Italy2LA

Did they also send you an email packet? We did ours all with forms they emailed us and had no problems. I heard them when they were interviewing other people that some of the forms they had been sent were outdated and they were filling out others but they were all K3 applicants. It wouldn't hurt to do both since they are pretty much the same. The only extra hassle is getting them all notarized. Plus I believe the I-864 is little more involved requiring the tax returns. We had printed out bank statements and had a letter from the employer which they did look at. Make sure that you have a photocopy of passports of both sponsors because they told me it was very important. They seem to look closest at the cosponsor info. In any case, I had done the I-134 for our K1 Naples interview but I believe that when we get to the states, marry and adjust status we must also do the I-864 for the adjustment.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello Everyone.

Got our GREEN CARD VISAS!

Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone on this site that gave me advice. I could not have done it without you... (to this day i'm still waiting for my "Interview Notification Letter".....)

We went for our Interview last week and the Visas are in our passports!!!!!! :thumbs: In the end it was so easy and I did not have to stress as much as I did. I think being selected in the lottery does make it a bit easier...

The interview was really pleasant and everyone at the Embassy in Naples were extremely friendly, helpful and well organised.

Now we have 6 months to go to the US. :dance:

Really excited... and a bit scared too..

Ciao for now

Mel

Edited by Melinx

• 1 year later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

In regards to the Italian police certificates for the K1 visa interview, do they need only the "Certificato del Casellario Giudiziale" or also the "Carichi Pendenti"?

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.