DD_PA

K1 Visa questions

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello All,

I’m a first time poster. I have a few questions about K1 Visa and I hope anyone in here able to help me.

1. G-325A Biographic Information

My Fiancé try to fill out this form by herself. Also we know her current address will be the main mailing address to receive all paper work later on. We ran into the problem is her current address is NOT able to receive any mail from the postal office, don’t know the reason why, even though she live there over a year. All my letters have to send to her work place. My question is. Can she use her uncle address for her current address, which not too far from where she lives, so she can receive all her paper work later on? Or it will be a big risk.

2. Certificate of Naturalization.

According to the requirement, if you were naturalized, give USCIS a copy, front and back, of your original Certificate of Naturalization, but my Certificate only on the front nothing on the back. Is the Certificate change? Cause I become a US Citizen in 1999 on my own not through my parent.

3. Co-sponsor

I’m current have a job make over 30k a year, but I don’t have much money in the bank. Is it important to have lot money in the bank like 5k to 10k in the bank?

Since, I don’t have much money in the bank. Can my brother be a co-sponsor for my Fiancé? If he cans what kind of form he needs to fill out?

Sorry first time poster, but too much question to ask. Anyone knows and understands my problem please helps.

Thank you and God Bless.

DD_PA

Our Journey:

I-129F Sent: March 6, 2008

I-129F NOA1: March 10, 2008

Touch: March 26, 2008

Touch: May 4, 2008

NOA2 Approved: May 5, 2008

Interview: 09/11/2008 Visa Approved

Visa Issue: 09/18/2008

Arrived to US: 10/25/2008

Got marry in Ga: 01/02/2009

I-485 mail and received 02/16/2009

I-485 Fingers print Appointment 03/18/2009

I-485 Interview appointment 07/28/2009

I-485 Approved.

Find out we soon to be a parent: July 21/2010

Baby Girl due date: April 27/2011

Baby Girl born: April 21/2011

I-751 filled

I-751 Received: June 17/2011

Bio metrics taken: July 21/2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

1 The address on the G-325A is not the one used to mail correspondence to fiancee, the one on the I-129F is.

Yes she can use her uncle's address.

2 Just copy both sides, and make a note on the blank page "reverse side of naturalization cert".

3 If your income exceeds $17,000 OR 125% poverty guidelines then you do not need a co-sponsor or any assets like money in the bank. 30K per year is MORE than enough to sponsor an immigrant.

Income data is not required when you file the I-129F, you need this at the time of visa interview.

One thing about I-134, the directions included with I-134 are very old, USCIS has no reason to update them since USCIS has no application for that form.

The consulates tend to treat the I-134 like a mini-I-864 as so prefer the same financial evidence as the I-864.

In our case this what the I-134 included.

• I-134 signed and notarized.

• SIMPLE Tax transcripts from the IRS for past 3 years, (Redundant for the (1040,W2,1099) but are free from the IRS http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq1-6.html

• Photo copy of IRS form 1040, and W2s for past 3 years (Not necessary if you provide the transcripts)

• Letter from my employer stating annual salary, job responsibility, and that is full time, on company letterhead.

• Photo copies of past month or so of pay stubs up to a few weeks before the interview.
My income was well above the povertyline so I did not include any asset data (LIKE BANK STATEMENTS or property values).

If your income exceeds 125% of the povertyline when counting yourself, prospective immigrant and any dependents, then don't bother with assets (401K, Bank balance, Stocks etc..), it is just extra un-needed data to provide, the consular officer is most concerned with INCOME.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Hello All,

I’m a first time poster. I have a few questions about K1 Visa and I hope anyone in here able to help me.

1. G-325A Biographic Information

My Fiancé try to fill out this form by herself. Also we know her current address will be the main mailing address to receive all paper work later on. We ran into the problem is her current address is NOT able to receive any mail from the postal office, don’t know the reason why, even though she live there over a year. All my letters have to send to her work place. My question is. Can she use her uncle address for her current address, which not too far from where she lives, so she can receive all her paper work later on? Or it will be a big risk.

2. Certificate of Naturalization.

According to the requirement, if you were naturalized, give USCIS a copy, front and back, of your original Certificate of Naturalization, but my Certificate only on the front nothing on the back. Is the Certificate change? Cause I become a US Citizen in 1999 on my own not through my parent.

3. Co-sponsor

I’m current have a job make over 30k a year, but I don’t have much money in the bank. Is it important to have lot money in the bank like 5k to 10k in the bank?

Since, I don’t have much money in the bank. Can my brother be a co-sponsor for my Fiancé? If he cans what kind of form he needs to fill out?

Sorry first time poster, but too much question to ask. Anyone knows and understands my problem please helps.

Thank you and God Bless.

DD_PA

Welcome to VJ! :) I had less than $100. in my account and it wasnt a problem. They care about your annual income but not your current funds.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thank You YuAndDan, Chad+Lira for answer my questions. Your answers help me a lot.

I have a question again. For my Fiancé G-325A on her residence part can she put exactly where she live right now. But on my I-129F petition can I put her uncle address? Instant her current address, because the postal service problem if I use her uncle address do I have to explain to USCIS why? Also on I-129F question #15. Your fiancé’s address abroad. What address I should put there, her current address or her uncle address?

I understand most the parts, but the address part drive me nut. Please help me.

Thank you and God Bless.

DD_PA

Our Journey:

I-129F Sent: March 6, 2008

I-129F NOA1: March 10, 2008

Touch: March 26, 2008

Touch: May 4, 2008

NOA2 Approved: May 5, 2008

Interview: 09/11/2008 Visa Approved

Visa Issue: 09/18/2008

Arrived to US: 10/25/2008

Got marry in Ga: 01/02/2009

I-485 mail and received 02/16/2009

I-485 Fingers print Appointment 03/18/2009

I-485 Interview appointment 07/28/2009

I-485 Approved.

Find out we soon to be a parent: July 21/2010

Baby Girl due date: April 27/2011

Baby Girl born: April 21/2011

I-751 filled

I-751 Received: June 17/2011

Bio metrics taken: July 21/2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.