aussiewench

i-601: General Moral Support, i-601 app

1,630 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey Charity....I hope your boss doesn't mind too. When we went on Monday it was complete insanity but it was also in Minneapolis. I don't know where the office is you'll have to go to but if you find one that isn't so busy, I'd reccommend it so you won't be there too long. Here is the link for SSA application. We brought his passport with the VISA, the filled out application, his license and his birth certificate...though they didn't care about the license or the birth certificate since all the info was in his passport.

http://www.ssa.gov/online/ss-5.pdf

When we went they said Miguel was already in the SAVE system and maybe that is why he got his number so quickly, who knows. I frankly was surprised it arrived so soon (and so were my parents who work for SSA). Either way, they will give you a letter that says "this applicant has applied for a number, blah, blah" and technically Javier can show that letter to his employer if they have any questions about his SSN. That letter is supposed to serve as a receipt and proof of applying for a number and should allow him to start working.

Glad Javier is home!! :dance::dance: Does it seem real yet?? ;)

Edited by mnmex

8/2002: Married

11/18/02: Filed 1-130 at NSC

07/26/04: I-130 approved.

11/14/04: NVC sends file to CDJ

07/05/05: Interview in CDJ - visa denied

07/06/05: I-601 waiver submitted

11/01/05: I-601 WAIVER APPROVED!!!

01/17/06: Pick up visa in CDJ

01/18/06: Arrival in USA

01/23/06: Applied for SSN card

01/28/06: SSN card arrived

01/31/06: Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 2nd Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 10 year Green Card arrives

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Is this weekend ever going to end? :( I am going to try to get dhs/juarez on the phone Mon.to ask about our 601.Icouldn't get through Friday. :angry:

I think I have put on 50 pounds since hitting the 4 month mark. :o

I miss my baby I can't believe its been 2 years since he has been in Mexico :(

Please dear God reunite this family. :crying:

My Timeline----

March 2005:Filed I-130 & I-129

May 2005:I-129 approved

Sept.29,2005:Interview ,filed I-601 waiver

Oct.3,2005:waiver entered into CDJ system

Nov.1,2005:Waiver entered DHS system

Dec.14,2005:I-130 approved

WAIVER APPROVED FEB.21,2005!!!

Timeline

Is it Monday yet? :lol:

My Timeline----

Timeline

Are we there yet?

My Timeline----

Filed: Timeline

Marta: We finally made it to Monday. Good luck on calling DHS today. I hope you get some good news. I know how I felt when I was going through that. Just know it will all be over soon.

Stephanie: Thanks for all the information. The SS office sends a representative to our town every week. I think I am going to try and find out when they do that so we can just go here. That way I won't have to take the whole day off. I just hope they have him in the system already. I am so glad he is here. It hasn't really sunk in yet. It still doesn't seem real. I can't believe I can actually go home today and he will be there waiting for me. YIPPEEE!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Good morning everyone. How about them Steelers? Altogether, good outcome to the game-sucky halftime show and suckiER commercials. Oh well.

UPDATE: Received a letter from Senator Mikulski's office on Saturday. It says they contacted the State Department on January 18 and requested that our case be handled promptly. The State Department has 30 days to respond, if they do not, I can submit another request for an inquiry to the Senator's office. Evidently the Senator's office thinks they're going to receive the results, and they claim they will notify me after the results have been "received and reviewed."

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Hola muchachas....

Long time no see eh!

Charity glad you are finally with your man.... (L)

Stephanie.... what up girl? did you see GA? and btw congratulations on receiving your GC! :dance:

Marta... hang in there girl :luv:

And last but not least Melissa, I am glad to know your process is moving right along. I just wish you the best of luck!

To everyone else... Happy Monday

Married EWI May 2003

Filed I-130 August 13, 2003

I-30 Approved May 2005

Rec packet from NVC July 2005

Sent back packet Sept. 3, 2005

Case completed by NVC Sept 15, 2005

Case transferred to CDJ Sept 20, 2005

Still waiting for appointment!

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good Morning Everyone.....Hope everyone had a great weekend.

I watched I think it was MSNBC this weekend and they were doing a story about like online predators that would prey on children.Well they set up a house and the men thought they were talking to 10,11,and 12 year old children and thought they were going to this house to meet them for....you know.Well the police had set up next door and I believe by the end of the sting they had arrested like 50 something people.ONE OF THOSE ARRESTED WORKED FOR DHS!!!!!!!!! IS THAT CRAZY OR WHAT???tHEY DO THESE EXTENSIVE BACKGROUND CHECKS ON PEOPLE WANTING TO COME TO THE US AND MAKE THEM GO THROUGH HELL AND LOOK AT WHAT ONE OF THEIR OWN WAS CAUGHT DOING.HE WAS GOING TO THE HOUSE TO MEET WITH A MINOR CHILD.........ARGHHHGHHHHH..........

Timeline

Elvia----My how you've changed!!!! :blink: I thin I liked you better as a blond. :D

About that dhs guy....come on maybe he thought those kids were illegal and he was just doing his job......

YEAH RIGHT :P

Well I can't wait for the time I can call dhs AGAIN hopefully I can get thriugh today and not get that stupid recording.Last night I had the most wonderful dream....They sent me a telgram saying that the 601 was approved.Hopefully thats a sign. :no:

If I can't get through I will walk there and sit patiently :whistle: by the door till I get someone.

My Timeline----

Timeline

Hey guys. yeah charity it does seem unreal at first.

Melissa I hope you do get good news w/ in thirty days.

married May 31 2003

Filed I 130 July 2003 (only way to get Driver Licence)

I 130 approved July 26 2004

Recieved IV fee Sep 2004

Recieve i 864 Sep 2004

Case sent to CDJ Dec 2 2004

Interview june 28 2005

Filed I 601 june 29 2005

RFE September 6 2005

waiver approved October 17 2005

2nd Interview for visa pick up December 7 2005

Home in USA December 8 2005

Anastasio and Ashley Pinzon aka A.P.

December 23 2005 arrival of welcome notice

December 27 recieved ten year green card.

January 10 2006 RECIEVED SS CARD

que sera sera

Timeline

Elvia…I totally watched G.A. last night. I am so addicted. Miguel started making snide comments about the show and he was immediately banished into the other room. I am very curious about next week’s show……….is it Sunday yet??? Think they’ll get back together now since he knows she may die?? Ohhhh the suspense is killing me.

Melissa…way cool on the response…only 1+ weeks until the 18th. Are you gonna call them or do you have to wait for them to contact you? Again I am sending good thoughts out your way.

8/2002: Married

11/18/02: Filed 1-130 at NSC

07/26/04: I-130 approved.

11/14/04: NVC sends file to CDJ

07/05/05: Interview in CDJ - visa denied

07/06/05: I-601 waiver submitted

11/01/05: I-601 WAIVER APPROVED!!!

01/17/06: Pick up visa in CDJ

01/18/06: Arrival in USA

01/23/06: Applied for SSN card

01/28/06: SSN card arrived

01/31/06: Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 2nd Welcome to USA letter arrives

02/03/06: 10 year Green Card arrives

So we are going to the SS office on Wednesday. Hopefully that will give them enough time to get him in the system so we don't have any setbacks of any kind. I don't want to have to take another day off from work to go back down there again.

Stephanie and Elvia: What was the code Black? I wanted to stay up and watch the show but I have to go to bed. I am getting too old to stay up that late. I have stayed up and watched some of it before but never the whole show. It is a really good show. I just can't bring myself to stay up that late to watch it. I am in bed by ten at the latest most nights. What a old woman I am?!?

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

The thing was someone had shot himself with a bazooka but it never exploded. So the ambulance tech's hand was stuck in this guy's gaping wound and they were afraid if she took her hand out it would shift the bazoka bullet or whatever and it would explode. Eventually she freaked out and took her hand out but it didn't explode. To be continued...

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Timeline

Hey you guys I was looking through the ciudad juarez web site to look up phone numbers and they have this 800 number but in order to get it you have to get a pin number and it is $115.00 pesos .Has anyone ever tried this?.

My Timeline----

I haven't tried it but I saw the signs at the consulate. It might be worth it if you knew you needed to call the consulate a lot. But it still won't help you with getting the DHS office.

Thanks for the update, Melissa. I wish I could have seen it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.