goldenheart

AFTER AR, THEN INTERVIEW, GREEN SLIP

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello my VJ Friends,

As some of you may know, we had our interview last month and was given the green slip requesting more documents (i.e. birth certificate and medical exam). The green slip and CO said that once we turn in everything we will get the visa witin 10 days.

My fiance called them on Friday and the lady said that she recieved everything on April 3, 2006 and now they are making a decision on whether to give him the visa or not. WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My fiance asked if there's anything wrong with his medical exam or birth certificate and she said no. I sent them an email 2 weeks ago and they never replied. I'm at a lost here, I feel all hope is gone. :help::help:

I hate these people have so much power over my future :crying::crying::crying:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I agree call DOS and see if they will give you any information. Sometimes they will say if you have more security checks pending or they may just say your still under AR/AP. Or they could say your cleared for the visa to issue. Good luck and let us know if your news later.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

Thanks Guys!

However, I do not understand. We went to the interview and they scanned his fingerprints and everything. The CO told us that everything came back all clear and the only thing left for us to do is take another medical exam and give them a copy of his birth certificate . He said that it will take 10 days to process the visa. There's another VJ member here that said he receive the same green sheet and once he turned in everything he got the visa within 5 days..

The reason I am in a panic is mainly because my fiance/husband no longer wish to come to a country that does not want him here. He is beginning to think that everyone in the USA will not accept him and his life here will be miserable. :crying::crying::crying:

I don't know what else to do, other than give up. :crying:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am sorry and understand your frustrations. We are stuck and awaiting some type of release from our AP processing. Just have to try and stay positive and it is soooooooooooo hard. Hang in there.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline
I am sorry and understand your frustrations. We are stuck and awaiting some type of release from our AP processing. Just have to try and stay positive and it is soooooooooooo hard. Hang in there.

Mary

Thanks Mary,

"Frustration" is an understatement. I hope we both can find an end to this bottomless pit.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I have been anxiously awaiting a response too, it is so frustrating! I know what you mean about them having control of our lives, they just have us on hold. Try to remain positive, it will make everything alot easier. I get into these moods sometimes and I know I just become an irritable, cranky person and even my kids can tell it's really getting to me. Pray for patience to be able to wait out this ordeal, sometimes it comes when you least expect it.

K-1

09/14/05 sent in petition

12/20/05 case at CDJ

1/09/06 Had interview and placed on Administrative Processing/221(g) for 6 months.

07/06/06 Interview, Successful!!!

07/06/06 Fiance receives Visa and enters U.S.!

09/02/06 Wedding Day!

AOS

12/09/06 Mailed AOS package.

12/11/06 USCIS receives AOS package

12/14/06 NOA1

12/26/06 Rec'd Bio Letter

12/28/06 Rec'd email: Transferred to CSC!!!

12/31/06 *Touched*

01/02/07 Original Biometrics appt. (postponed)

01/05/07 Rec'd email: Case pending at CSC

01/08/07 Infopass for Biometrics *Touched*

01/09/07 Rec'd email Case transferred to CSC(again)

01/15/07 *Touched*

01/17/07 Received email case pending at CSC(again)

01/18/07 *Touched*

01/20/07 *Touched*

06/27/07 Letter welcoming new resident mailed!

07/02/07 Recv'd 2 yr conditional GC!

EAD

02/28/07 efiled

03/01/07 Rec'd at CSC, NOA1

03/01/07 mailed supporting documents to CSC

03/02/07 pending at CSC

03/05/07 Rec'd Bio Letter

03/13/07 *Touched*

03/16/07 Bio Appt. *Touched*

03/17/07 *Touched*

03/20/07 Rec'd approval email

03/23/07 EAD received!

• 3 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

male from lahore

i am in a very bad situation, i had my interview on 20th april 2006, my i -130 interview, my wife is a USC.

at the end of the interview i was told i ll have to wait for some clearnace, just 2 fingerprints were taken off me , of both index fingers.

they asked me to wait for 45 days but its been more than 100 days now , i have not heard anything from embassy, each time i call them they say its under process. i called up DOS in washington on the 50 th day and inquired they said the clearnace was done but they ve found some info on my case and it again went for a re review.

the next day my wife called them to inquire and they told her tht the case is not with them call up islamabad. the following day i called up DOS again and inquired i was told the case is under review, i dont know why DOS have two different stories for wife and husband?

now just a week back my wife called up USCIS to inquire and was told the case is in not with them and he cannot tell anything on the phone and she will recieve a letter from USCIS in 30-40 days , but then my wife called up DOS and inquired they had the same story tht case is not with them.

could you please tell me wat to do and whom shall i contact ? plz..

Timeline
male from lahore

i am in a very bad situation, i had my interview on 20th april 2006, my i -130 interview, my wife is a USC.

at the end of the interview i was told i ll have to wait for some clearnace, just 2 fingerprints were taken off me , of both index fingers.

they asked me to wait for 45 days but its been more than 100 days now , i have not heard anything from embassy, each time i call them they say its under process. i called up DOS in washington on the 50 th day and inquired they said the clearnace was done but they ve found some info on my case and it again went for a re review.

the next day my wife called them to inquire and they told her tht the case is not with them call up islamabad. the following day i called up DOS again and inquired i was told the case is under review, i dont know why DOS have two different stories for wife and husband?

now just a week back my wife called up USCIS to inquire and was told the case is in not with them and he cannot tell anything on the phone and she will recieve a letter from USCIS in 30-40 days , but then my wife called up DOS and inquired they had the same story tht case is not with them.

could you please tell me wat to do and whom shall i contact ? plz..

Have your wife contact the Senator or Congressman?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.