Allan

Lost Birth Certificate

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

For (DS230 Form)

My parents and I left Vietnam as refugees in 1980.

For almost 28 years, I've never needed a BIRTH CERTIFICATE or require one, till now.

Father said he must of LOST my BIRTH CERTIFICATE during those years of moving between Canada & U.S. in the 90's.

I only have Canadian Citizenship & Passport.

Planning to send my K1 Visa Packet 3 ASAP. BIRTH CERTIFICATE is only item I lack on that checklist. And No I don't have religion.

And suggestions what I can do?

Do I send the Packet back to Montreal anyway without Check marking the "BIRTH CERTIFICATE BOX"?

Thanks in advance,

Allan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
For (DS230 Form)

My parents and I left Vietnam as refugees in 1980.

For almost 28 years, I've never needed a BIRTH CERTIFICATE or require one, till now.

Father said he must of LOST my BIRTH CERTIFICATE during those years of moving between Canada & U.S. in the 90's.

I only have Canadian Citizenship & Passport.

Planning to send my K1 Visa Packet 3 ASAP. BIRTH CERTIFICATE is only item I lack on that checklist. And No I don't have religion.

And suggestions what I can do?

Do I send the Packet back to Montreal anyway without Check marking the "BIRTH CERTIFICATE BOX"?

Thanks in advance,

Allan

You could, it's just that on the interview, they will ask you, where is your birth certificate, and if you said, " I don't have it." They will ask you to get it. My mother had the same issue and they gave her 3 month to get the birth certificate from back home. It will cost you, but you have to get it. They don't care about your personal issue when it comes to the embassy.

good luck

July 19------------Send the I-129F

July 26------------Recieved

December 7th----NOA2 online

December 14-----NOA2 Hard Copy

December 21-----NVC recieved

December 28-----NVC send to US embassy in Ethiopia

January 8---------US embassy in Ethiopia will recieve

January 11--------Packet 3

February 7 -------Interview

February 7 -------Passed interview

February 12------VISA in hand

February 22------IN the USA

March 1-----------Wedding

March 15----------Sent AOS

July 7 -------------Finger Print

January 27, 2009--Green card approved without interview. It took almost one year though.

Feb 2 -------------Got the green card in the mail

Next: playing the waiting game for the 2 years holding removal

omg_wtf.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I have the same problem...I was born in a thailand refugee camp in the 1981 and no birth certificate was issued. I wrote to the united nations as they were running the camp and they issued me a letter confirming my birth details...it's the best i can come up with considering the thai government will not issue birth certificate to refugees. I'm hoping this will be sufficient for my visa application.

Your best bet is to contact the local office of your birth in vietnam and get them to issue you a new birth certificate or if that is not obtainable they need to write an official letter confirming your birth and stating why your birth certificate is unobtainable. As secondary evidence you need a letter from your parents preferably your mother also confirming your birth details. I hope this information was helpful....I understand what you're going through.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

As Refugee in the past and sneaked out of the country, it's 100% impossible for Vietnamese government to re-issue my Birth Certificate.

I'll have to use a secondary evidence of a letter my parents confirming your birth details.

Thanks All for you time and suggestions.

Allan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.