FaustInAK

Proof of cashed check but no file # Help!

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am back again. To start from the beginning, we sent I-129F to CSV mid-october 2007 and over 3 months after, we don't have any news of USCIS, not even the NOA1.

We just figured this out, because my fiancé was here with me in France from the moment he sent the package to a few days ago.

Anyway, he sent a cashier check for I-129F and we know from the bank it was cashed the 25th of october. However, as it was a cashier check, we didn't get any copy of the check in return... So now we don't have any NOA1, and there is no way to get a number from our check :wacko:

We called USCIS, but instead of the 90 days, they told us they wouldn't do any research until 15 weeks after receiving our mail! :angry:

I know that the cashed check is a proof that they started our case... But I can't help worrying that something is still wrong...

Should I worry? Anybody else in the same situation??

All this sucks!! I am so depressed...

:help:

K1 journey:

I129F sent mid-october 2007

I129F received by CSV: 10/19/07

NOA1 received early March and NOA2 received on March 19th!! We got APPROVED!!

File received by NVC and sent to US Embassy in Paris: 03/10/2008

05/06/2008: I sent the packet 3 to the embassy.

05/22/2008: Packet 4 received!

06/10/2008: Medical examination in Paris.

06/17/2008: INTERVIEW: Visa approved!!

08/31/2008: WEDDING

AOS journey:

09/05/2008: AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago

09/11/2008: Notice date for I-485, I-131 and I-765

10/16/2008: SSA finally gave me a SSN!!

11/17/2008: AP received and EAD approved!

11/20/2008: Biometrics appointment AND Green card interview in Fairbanks.

12/29/2008: I went to my local office to regive my biometrics. And my EAD card has finally been issued!!

01/12/2009: EAD received!! Finally

02/09/2009: GC received in the mail :) Anniversary is 01/29/11

Removal of conditions:

11/09/10: Divorced

11/18/10: Sent I-751 to CSV

11/30/10: Receipt notice received in the mail

12/30/10: Called USCIS as no news for 1 month after NOA1

1/10/11: Emailed from USCIS about my call: "The process for fingerprint appointment scheduling has been requested."

1/13/11: NOA2 ASC appointment notice

2/3/11: Biometrics at local office (NOA2 recieved on 2/2/11!!!)

2/16/11: Date of decision: APPROVED

2/24/11: Card in hand

Hello,

I am back again. To start from the beginning, we sent I-129F to CSV mid-october 2007 and over 3 months after, we don't have any news of USCIS, not even the NOA1.

We just figured this out, because my fiancé was here with me in France from the moment he sent the package to a few days ago.

Anyway, he sent a cashier check for I-129F and we know from the bank it was cashed the 25th of october. However, as it was a cashier check, we didn't get any copy of the check in return... So now we don't have any NOA1, and there is no way to get a number from our check :wacko:

We called USCIS, but instead of the 90 days, they told us they wouldn't do any research until 15 weeks after receiving our mail! :angry:

I know that the cashed check is a proof that they started our case... But I can't help worrying that something is still wrong...

Hi!

Since they told you to wait 15 weeks, i guess you have nothing else to do but wait, but,hey, look at the bright side:

I'm allmost sure you're fine.The check was cashed, so your petition is at the right place.Now you can't check your status, but that doesn't necessarly mean that you're in troubles.

Whrn the time is right make a request or something, but have faith.It'll be fine.It's not that bad.

God will take care of you two :yes:

.png

UURI.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Since it's been three months, I would call USCIS and see what's going on. I haven't been in the same situation and there are most probably VJers out there that have better advice for you, but it can't hurt getting in touch with them.

I'm sure everything is ok though. Hoping that the rest of your journey will go smoother!!!

All the best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

In every difficulty lies an island of opportunity.

Filed: Timeline
Hello,

This is the first I've heard of 15 weeks. 90 days is the time they have been publishing, and they need to stick to that. I would call them again to speak to someone different, and insist that it has been 90 days and you want the loss investigated RIGHT NOW. If they continue to stick with their 15 week claim, then it's time to get your congressman's office involved.

Don't get depressed...get moving. Call them, and if you're not satisfied with the answer, call your congressman. They can't just blow you off like that.

Good luck to you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.