chinemeze

How soon Can one call NVC after NO2?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
The notice date on my NOA2 was 11/15/07. I called the NVC the first time on 11/29/07. They didn't receive my case until 12/10/07. I found that out when I called on 12/11/07. That's when they gave me the new case number LGS-XX-XXX-XXXXX. I called back on 12/14/07 and found they had forwarded the petition to the embassy on 12/13/07. My husband was able to pickup his pkg 3 & 4 on 12/27/07 after 2 previous trips to the embassy where he did not even get to talk to anyone. We didn't have to go through the extra security checks so not sure how that will affect your timeline. I pray they rush things for you!

Thanks for sharing.. :)

I thought if u went to the consolate with the NOA2 and that NVC number, that u could pick up the packets. Wondering why he had to go 3 times. Plus they are supposed to send u an email when the case has been tranferred from NVC..right? Now im so confused... :wacko: Did ur husband have both notices (NOA2 and NVC email) with him when he went the first 2 times?

This is sooooooooooooooo frustrating :help:

The first time my husband went to the embassy, it was in the afternoon. They told him it was too late. The second time, he was there at 6:30 a.m. The guards were telling people to get their papers out and many people were ignoring what the guards told them. He said there were about 50+ people in line and about 10 including himself had gotten there at 6:30 a.m. After a few hours of waiting, they told them all to go home . . . that they got there too late. My husband was pretty upset about it. So he asked what time he should be there on the 27th and they told him 7 a.m. and he told them he will be there at 6:30 a.m. like he was that time and to remember his face. LOL. My husband had both notices when he went each time. We never received an e-mail from the NVC. Yes, you can pick up your packets but first you have to get past the line and into the cosolate to speak to someone.

Thanks for the info... :) I know its crazy at the consolate! We went there when I was in Lagos the last time, just to ask questions, and it was a nightmare! Thats why Im hoping my husband only has to go once!

I also hope he only has to go once to get the information. Just tell him to go early when he goes and do whatever the guards tell him to do and pray the others do the same. My husband did not have to travel far to the embassy, but he said there were others who did. He was concerned about some older ladies who were what appeared to be about 80 yrs old . . . they too had to stand in line and were sent home. Really, there is no excuse the way they can treat people there at the consolate. It upsets me that our tax dollars pay those people. Don't you just love to see our tax dollars at work?! :blink: I thank God that my husband was able to get the information and interview date. I can hardly wait until he steps off that plane here in Kentucky. Wooo hooo!

Met online in 04/06.

Officially engaged on 12/12/06.

Flew for first time - heading to Lagos on 03/08/07.

Met in person on 03/09/07.

Married in Lagos, Nigeria on 03/15/07.

I-130 mailed 05/01/07.

I-130 receipt date: 05/03/07.

I-130 NOA1 date 05/25/07.

I-130 NOA2 date 11/15/07 APPROVED!!!!!

I-129F mailed 6/26/07.

I-129F receipt date: 06/28/07.

I-129 NOA1 date 07/03/07.

I-129F transferred from Missouri NBC to CA date: 07/03/07.

I-129F CA received date 07/24/07.

I-129F APPROVED 11/15/07!!!!!

I-129F petition received at NVC and case number generated 12/10/07 (got#on phone)

I-129F petition left NVC for embassy: 12/12/07 per call to NVC!!!

Letter sent from NVC on 12/13/07; received on 12/18/07

Picked up pkt 3 & 4 from embassy on 12/27/07.

Interview Date: 03/10/08 Approved!!!

Our 1 yr wedding anniversary! 3/15/08

Arriving home 3/18/08

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
The notice date on my NOA2 was 11/15/07. I called the NVC the first time on 11/29/07. They didn't receive my case until 12/10/07. I found that out when I called on 12/11/07. That's when they gave me the new case number LGS-XX-XXX-XXXXX. I called back on 12/14/07 and found they had forwarded the petition to the embassy on 12/13/07. My husband was able to pickup his pkg 3 & 4 on 12/27/07 after 2 previous trips to the embassy where he did not even get to talk to anyone. We didn't have to go through the extra security checks so not sure how that will affect your timeline. I pray they rush things for you!

I thought if u went to the consolate with the NOA2 and that NVC number, that u could pick up the packets. Wondering why he had to go 3 times. Plus they are supposed to send u an email when the case has been tranferred from NVC..right? Now im so confused... :wacko: Did ur husband have both notices (NOA2 and NVC email) with him when he went the first 2 times?

The first time my husband went to the embassy, it was in the afternoon. They told him it was too late. The second time, he was there at 6:30 a.m. The guards were telling people to get their papers out and many people were ignoring what the guards told them. He said there were about 50+ people in line and about 10 including himself had gotten there at 6:30 a.m. After a few hours of waiting, they told them all to go home . . . that they got there too late. My husband was pretty upset about it. So he asked what time he should be there on the 27th and they told him 7 a.m. and he told them he will be there at 6:30 a.m. like he was that time and to remember his face. LOL. My husband had both notices when he went each time. We never received an e-mail from the NVC. Yes, you can pick up your packets but first you have to get past the line and into the cosolate to speak to someone.

Thanks for the info... :) I know its crazy at the consolate! We went there when I was in Lagos the last time, just to ask questions, and it was a nightmare! Thats why Im hoping my husband only has to go once!

I also hope he only has to go once to get the information. Just tell him to go early when he goes and do whatever the guards tell him to do and pray the others do the same. My husband did not have to travel far to the embassy, but he said there were others who did. He was concerned about some older ladies who were what appeared to be about 80 yrs old . . . they too had to stand in line and were sent home. Really, there is no excuse the way they can treat people there at the consolate. It upsets me that our tax dollars pay those people. Don't you just love to see our tax dollars at work?! :blink: I thank God that my husband was able to get the information and interview date. I can hardly wait until he steps off that plane here in Kentucky. Wooo hooo!

I noticed on ur timeline that it took almost a month before u go the NVC#...Were u calling everyday? I am so obsessed with this!!! LOL Don't wanna waste a day! Am just so amazed at the person i have turned into during this process! :wacko: Can u imagine the feeling when we see our hubbys again at the airport! OMG!!! Keep having visions of the scene we gonna be making!!! ;)

DSCN0183-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

On my NOA2 the instructions say that if I haven't heard anything about my case in 4 weeks then I may call the NVC.

I would just want to know how soon to begin checking with NVC to see whn they have our paperwork. And also what is the number to call? I sure would appreciate any help on this. Thanks all

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

I noticed on ur timeline that it took almost a month before u go the NVC#...Were u calling everyday? I am so obsessed with this!!! LOL Don't wanna waste a day! Am just so amazed at the person i have turned into during this process! :wacko: Can u imagine the feeling when we see our hubbys again at the airport! OMG!!! Keep having visions of the scene we gonna be making!!! ;)

Yes, it did take almost a month to get to the NVC. I called on Tuesdays and Fridays . . . LOL. I haven't gotten obsessed with this or I would not be able to function. I don't want to waste a day either, but this is a very long process and I try to keep everything in perspective. I told my husband when he arrives, I am not sure we will be able to make it straight home. We have a SUV and the seats fold down, but who has time for that, right? Of course, I am just joking! :innocent: Thank God our home is only about 2 miles from the airport. I know we will just want to hold onto each other and not let go!

Met online in 04/06.

I-130 mailed 05/01/07.

I-129F mailed 6/26/07.

I-129F petition received at NVC and case number generated 12/10/07 (got#on phone)

Arriving home 3/18/08

Timeline
On my NOA2 the instructions say that if I haven't heard anything about my case in 4 weeks then I may call the NVC.

I would just want to know how soon to begin checking with NVC to see whn they have our paperwork. And also what is the number to call? I sure would appreciate any help on this. Thanks all

I waited about 2 weeks to call the NVC. Their number is on the NOA2, (603) 334-0700.

Met online in 04/06.

I-130 mailed 05/01/07.

I-129F mailed 6/26/07.

Arriving home 3/18/08

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.