Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

Yeah, Ginger, that guy is a real jackass.

Totally unrelated, but I have a question. When you guys send Christmas cards, do you write long messages, or just Merry Christmas and sign your name(s)?

I am pretty lame with it all - I add a few words depending on who it is, but nothing too much because I keep up with most people online :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone ever had an allergic reaction to chopped basil? My eye has just suddenly swelled up - the only thing I can think is that I was chopping fresh basil and might have touched my eye? It's so weird this has never happened to me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I'm trying to decide if Blagojevich reminds me most of the Kennedy nephew who got accused of rape in the early 90s or one of the Menedez brothers

Totally a Menendez. Just thank god Blagojevich doesn't have a twin!

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

almost everyone I work with is getting sick, grrr. I do not want a cold, here in the mildest winter I have ever experienced. No, no, no. (but I think one's coming on)

Also, who knows about cars around here? My car is making funny noises and it sounds like something is moving around under the bonnet, and I can feel it on the brake pedal. I only feel it when I'm stopped at a red light, it might be doing it the rest of the time, I just don't notice cos it's louder when I'm moving and there's other vibrations going on. Any suggestions?

The UK Wiki

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Pointy...getting a cold in nice weather stinks. Well, really, its stinks anytime. I hate feeling sick.

As for your car, I don't know. I am completely ignorant when it comes to car problems. Maybe the Maven will stumble in here and can ask Bruce? Or, there's always the dreaded mechanic visit!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
almost everyone I work with is getting sick, grrr. I do not want a cold, here in the mildest winter I have ever experienced. No, no, no. (but I think one's coming on)

Also, who knows about cars around here? My car is making funny noises and it sounds like something is moving around under the bonnet, and I can feel it on the brake pedal. I only feel it when I'm stopped at a red light, it might be doing it the rest of the time, I just don't notice cos it's louder when I'm moving and there's other vibrations going on. Any suggestions?

I wish I could help! If I ever became president I would order schools to give classes in auto maintenance.

wtf-picard.jpg

Good day today. Got my AOS approved this afternoon! 6 months to the day I got here. Compared to my K1 case, AOS has been a walk in the park.

Going to celebrate with a good old fry up & a can of irn bru. :D

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

Well done! I have my interview in January so a bit of a wait for me yet - not looking forward to it esp as someone just got an RFE at interview from the August crowd :blink:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Good day today. Got my AOS approved this afternoon! 6 months to the day I got here. Compared to my K1 case, AOS has been a walk in the park.

Going to celebrate with a good old fry up & a can of irn bru. :D

Congrats, Nicky!! :star:

Well done! I have my interview in January so a bit of a wait for me yet - not looking forward to it esp as someone just got an RFE at interview from the August crowd :blink:

How did I miss that you have an AOS interview??????? Congrats on getting a date!! It will be fine!! :)

I think it got caught up in some pompus discussion ;)

Should be fine but am concerned about the comingling of finances - we have a joint savings account with nothing in it but that is about it. We got a better interest rate in an online savings account that can't be joint because the interest rate is only available online and we couldn't put both our names on it for some reason... Bills are all in Jeremy's name because he pays them so...

I don't know - it does concern me somewhat...

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Pointy -- just asked Bruce and he said he has no idea what it could be from your description. Can you give some more info?

I'm back peeps! 2 days in Delaware... Woooooooooo. Actually, I was up partying on Tuesday night until 5am with 5 of the governance crew. We emptied two minibars and danced around to Journey (yes, Journey) while making lists of who we couldn't stand amongst our peers. How old am I again, exactly???

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Description: Car appears to be leaking coolant.

I noticed this morning drivving to work that the car was running really hot, so i put on the heat, cos I've heard that helps with directing heat away from the engine... the air was cold. On the way home from work I drove on the street roads, in case anything happened, and noticed the clicking on the accelerator this time. I let the engine cool down, and have just been down to check the oil and the coolant. Oil was fine, however there was a leak or orangey red liquid running from beneath the car. Looked in the coolant, and it was totally empty, and looks rusty. Oh lord, not good. I'm getting a lift to work tomorrow and C's going to bring it to have the coolant replaced and checked out. Hope this doesn't cost a ton..... I do not have it.

The UK Wiki

Bruce sez:

For goodness sake don't let it continuously overheat. If this happens, you run the risk of blowing the head gasket which is terribly expensive. Fill it up slowly with water and see if it's leaking straight out immediately. If it is, he'll need a tow. If the leak slow and the shop is nearby, take it but keep a eye on the temp gauge. You need to check the oil again, and make sure the level gone up and there is only oil in there. Take the oil filler cap off, check inside and make sure there is no white, "mayonnaise-y" gunk in there. That's emulsification, caused by oil and water mixing and is a sign of head gasket failure. Sounds like it's most likely a leak, which is the least horrible situation. The most important thing you can do now is make sure it does not overheat.

Edited to add: you may have only looked in the overflow tank for the cooling system. If this is empty, it doesn't necessarily mean the cooling system is completely devoid of water.

Edited by elmcitymaven

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.