~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ace in my space! The presentation I put together on one of our malls in New Mexico for the company execs was a success...apparently I put together nice visuals :dance:

Went and got some winter clothes for work from H&M yesterday. A new sweater and shirt to go underneath, a new button down shirt with a vest/waistcoat to go over it, a pair of skinny legged black pants, and a 60's-ish blue shirt and a black and white striped boat neck shirt.

Maven, I told my contact at Glendale Galleria you thought the place was "bitchin'" lol. He started laughing and asked if you were sure it was GG or if you meant the Americana across the street.

wtf-picard.jpg

Ace in my space! The presentation I put together on one of our malls in New Mexico for the company execs was a success...apparently I put together nice visuals :dance:

Went and got some winter clothes for work from H&M yesterday. A new sweater and shirt to go underneath, a new button down shirt with a vest/waistcoat to go over it, a pair of skinny legged black pants, and a 60's-ish blue shirt and a black and white striped boat neck shirt.

Maven, I told my contact at Glendale Galleria you thought the place was "bitchin'" lol. He started laughing and asked if you were sure it was GG or if you meant the Americana across the street.

Congrats, ginger! And I know your visuals are nice -- I remember that sparkly blingy vision you put together just the other week.

Yep, it was the GG -- it is HUGE. I didn't have a lot of time to wander around but I can envision another trip in the near future to ascertain its continuing bitchin-ness.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

Congrats, ginger! And I know your visuals are nice -- I remember that sparkly blingy vision you put together just the other week.

Yep, it was the GG -- it is HUGE. I didn't have a lot of time to wander around but I can envision another trip in the near future to ascertain its continuing bitchin-ness.

My contact at Glendale is... *drumroll*

Mario Lopez LMAO!!! The poor guy's honest to god name.

Yes I do have a certain "creative" flair....especially with blingees :thumbs:

post-42410-1222890382_thumb.jpg

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

once I accidentally parked in the americana instead of the galleria, and I couldn't believe that place, it was the blingiest shopping centre I've ever seen. I got out of there quick smart, and back to the galleria.

The UK Wiki

Timeline
once I accidentally parked in the americana instead of the galleria, and I couldn't believe that place, it was the blingiest shopping centre I've ever seen. I got out of there quick smart, and back to the galleria.

The way the properties are is very weird...Americana almost sits in GG's lap. Huge lawsuit, we lost and well the company was hardly happy about it! But yeah Mario Lopez was telling me that it is pretty cool over there...however the average Joe can't really afford to shop there.

wtf-picard.jpg

Timeline
Ginger...you MUST post your story of how when you met Nicky and set his face on fire in the following thread:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...154269&st=0

LMAO...always a good story. At the last Chicago Brit meetup I think I repeated that story about 10 times...everytime some new people would join us I was made to tell the story again LOL.

I think I'll go dig up the thread I posted it on as I'm too lazy to type it out again LOL.

Speaking of good things with Nicky...he finally got his EAD in the mail yesterday! It's like the floodgates have opened...he came down on the train with me this morning to go get his state ID, then he is going to the social security office to get his new card that doesn't say "not authorized for employment" typed on it. Then he has an appointment with Bank of America to tell them to #### off. And then he's going to apply for some jobs. :D

Oh, and almost as great Depeche Mode is announcing their tour dates next Monday :dance:

wtf-picard.jpg

Hey, Aly, can I put you in charge of this thread? When it gets to 5000 posts can you start a new one and PM me to close this one?

Cheers, m'dear! :D

No problemo - of course, I will prolly forget and some kindly person will take pity and create a new thread for me :D

Morning all -- off to CT today. I'll be missing Mr. Grumpy big time. :crying:

Aww Maven - it's only a little while and you will be busy enough that it will fly by :) Have a safe journey!!! And appreciate the autumn weather up north!! It's 90 here at the moment!!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

I'm here! In CT and it is cold, yay! I'm wearing tights and a sweater. Well, I'm also wearing a skirt for modesty's sake, but you know what I mean.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I've been (drumroll please) getting in to the union!!! I have 2 more things to do, but it looks like I'm in!! The letter from my last employer has done the trick!!

Can't wait to get my union card, and start working towards their amazing health plan. It takes about 6 months to kick in once you start working, but it's a really great plan from what I understand (I know nothing about how health insurance works).

The UK Wiki

Maven - glad to hear you are keeping warm ;) A skirt is a sensible option although I would prefer jeans... of course I can no longer fit into my fatty jeans let alone my other ones so day 3 of diet is commencing.

Now I am trying to figure out if I want to leave the house in a $hit state today and just clean tomorrow as originally planned or get it all done today and have to do it again in a few days time to keep on top of it. I was also going to go swimming 16 minutes ago but I am procrastinating...

Pointy - great news on the union!! I don't really understand insurance either - all I know is that Jeremy gets full medical/dental/optical through work and I get the same which is good... not sure about the deductible but I think it isn't too bad either :)

Ok - I really need to get my rapidly expanding behind into gear and go swimming then leave the cleaning til tomorrow. With all the calories I burn cleaning, if I don't feel like swimming tomorrow I think I can be forgiven :lol:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.