Jeraly

~Off Topic Thread~

5,160 posts in this topic

It's not forgetting; it's avoidance. I should know, as I am guilty of it myself on a regular basis.

One more section left peeps! All I have to do is the FAQs, then I can submit the draft. Rest of the weekend I can finish the biblio, appendices, etc. :dance:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Dunno why but this pic makes me happy!

SweetJustice-chuckB.jpg

:dance:

I just now read your email from yesterday, so I understand the pic! All I can say is, WOW. I'm glad to see you. :star:

;)

Aly - oh dear. Maybe it's time to take things in to your hands a little. Have you tried calling the companies to avoid late fees?

There aren't any late fees yet - we just need to pay them asap - he "forgot" this one as well as the gas which means we have accrued over $300 in bills over the last two days that he told me he had paid...

He said he is going to pay the electric when he gets home - I've managed to pick up a little calendar at the dollar store and am writing down how much we owe to whom on the days it is all due by - at least then I can keep track of it and nag remind him that things need to be paid... I mean - how can you *forget* to pay two bills over $100 each?! I can understand maybe one slipping your mind but two!?!?!

That sounds good, Aly. I put my bills in an organizer with a date of 5 days prior to the actual due date so I'm never late.

Yeah - I must say I have never had bills other than credit card etc but those I pay off in good time too so I just don't understand the head-in-the-sand attitude - I mean it is a *lovely* thought that they will all just go away, but let's face it - it's hardly likely ;)

Maven - way to go!! Sounds like you'll be ready to partay Sunday! :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
Maven, will you be finished your paper by Sunday, could we do an LA shindig then? How is that for the other Ladies?

Aly - oh dear. Maybe it's time to take things in to your hands a little. Have you tried calling the companies to avoid late fees?

What's the shindig? Sundays are good far margaritas! :devil:

No way. Beer only this time. No hard liquor I might allow wine, we'll see, and food. Thems the rules!!

The UK Wiki

LOL

Yes, beer, wine OR sangria (as the old Beefsteak Charlie's ads used to say). For those of us making a sojourn tomorrow night for wine and 90s tunes in Atwater Village, the hostess has asked if we could bring a bottle and some nibbles.

Robin and dev -- Pointy IS coming along to go harass Mr. Betty White tomorrow with her hubster. You KNOW you need to come!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

SweetJustice-chuckB.jpg

Two and two together does not make five. I can categorically confirm that one action is nothing to do with the other. And you know exactly what I am referencing here. ;)

I just now read your email from yesterday, so I understand the pic! All I can say is, WOW. I'm glad to see you. :star:

Facts are wonderful things! It's a shame the ones in this thread are incorrect. :P

Edited by Magenta

Oh god. This train crash here in the Valley. Up to 20 dead, 100 injured. I'm watching it all live on TV here and oh god, this is horrible. I don't know, it's just bringing back horrible memories of Ladbroke Grove and Paddington for me. I had no idea that passenger and freight trains shared rails here in So Cal.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Oh god. This train crash here in the Valley. Up to 20 dead, 100 injured. I'm watching it all live on TV here and oh god, this is horrible. I don't know, it's just bringing back horrible memories of Ladbroke Grove and Paddington for me. I had no idea that passenger and freight trains shared rails here in So Cal.

I saw that too. It's horrific :( l. My sister-in-law lives in Northridge so I'm familiar with the metrolink. I had no idea it shared a line with freight trains either.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Well - today we got another overdue bill for $205 :cry: I am so sick of this

The student loan people have been harassing me. Not the government loan ppl but I had to take out a couple private loans earlier in my college career due to the government not giving me enough $$ to cover all my expenses. I'm finally able to make my payments this month...but for the past couple the one company was calling me up to 5 times a day. They finally laid off when I yelled at one of their reps that "you can't get blood out of a turnip." Hopefully they don't think I look like a turnip :angry:

It's not forgetting; it's avoidance. I should know, as I am guilty of it myself on a regular basis.

One more section left peeps! All I have to do is the FAQs, then I can submit the draft. Rest of the weekend I can finish the biblio, appendices, etc. :dance:

Do you use footnotes or endnotes?

Reminds me of my days at university. I wrote my draft of my senior thesis (20 pages) in one red bulled fueled night. Started at 6 pm the night before and it was due at 8 am the next morning on blackboard. I think I got it submitted at 7:58 am...just in the nick of time!

wtf-picard.jpg

SweetJustice-chuckB.jpg

Two and two together does not make five. I can categorically confirm that one action is nothing to do with the other. And you know exactly what I am referencing here. ;)

You have no idea what I am talking about so don't assume. kthx. :yes: Hmmm, wonder what your member title is referrring to? I'm SO puzzled.

Facts are wonderful things! It's a shame the ones in this thread are incorrect. :P

Facts *ARE* wonderful. And referenced! Funny that. :dance:

Edited by illumine

Timeline

Not ALL of the facts, Dev, not all of them.

Oh and with reference to my member title - I'm not going to hide the fact that I think LaL did the best thing in the world for VJ before she left. But, whatever, Dev, whatever. *shrugs*

You can add this post to your list.

Well - today we got another overdue bill for $205 :cry: I am so sick of this

The student loan people have been harassing me. Not the government loan ppl but I had to take out a couple private loans earlier in my college career due to the government not giving me enough $$ to cover all my expenses. I'm finally able to make my payments this month...but for the past couple the one company was calling me up to 5 times a day. They finally laid off when I yelled at one of their reps that "you can't get blood out of a turnip." Hopefully they don't think I look like a turnip :angry:

Maybe they think that's where you keep your money :jest:

The day I paid off my student loans is up there with my wedding day as being one of the happiest of my life.

90day.jpg

Oh and with reference to my member title - I'm not going to hide the fact that I think LaL did the best thing in the world for VJ before she left. But, whatever, Dev, whatever. *shrugs*

Unfortunately (for you) what she did was wrong. ;)

Edited by illumine

Mags - there are places where Dev likes to come and chat and not have an inevitable pileup that occurs as it does in political threads in off topic. Since you and your husband can go and post whatever you like about her in your little sandbox with no ramifications, you should at least respect that, especially since people here know the real Dev and not the one that you and your gang have portrayed there. thanks.

90day.jpg

Timeline

Unfortunately (for you) what she did was wrong. ;)

Not unfortunately for me at all! :lol:

Mags - there are places where Dev likes to come and chat and not have an inevitable pileup that occurs as it does in political threads in off topic. Since you and your husband can go and post whatever you like about her in your little sandbox with no ramifications, you should at least respect that, especially since people here know the real Dev and not the one that you and your gang have portrayed there. thanks.

Now, there you go. "Gang"...#######? I haven't really posted over there on Expats very much, certainly not enough to have them labelled MY gang! :lol: I also don't have any sway over the views of anyone here on VJ. People form their own conclusions about Dev from their interactions with her. Again, nothing to do with me. I've barely posted here on VJ lately either - too busy in real life.

As for Platy I will say once and only once:

HIS VIEWS ARE HIS OWN! THEY ARE NOTHING TO DO WITH ME!

And with regards to leaving the UK forum alone, er, I have to check in as I'm a mod plus I'm bloody British in case you'd forgotten. Respect is a two way street - Dev has never shown any towards me so I actually don't see why I should show it in return. ;)

Thank you and GOOD NIGHT!

Edited by Magenta

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.