one...two...tree

New Zealand man charged with driving lawn mower while drunk

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

WELLINGTON, New Zealand - A New Zealand man has been charged with driving a lawn mower while drunk, police said Tuesday.

Richard Gunn, 52, was driving the lawn mower down a street in the northern New Zealand town of Dargaville late Monday evening when police stopped him, police spokeswoman Sarah Kennett said.

Gunn's breath alcohol level was at more than twice the legal limit for drivers, police said, and he previously had lost his driver's license.

Gunn said he has been using the lawn mower to get around town since losing his license.

"I thought I was safe," he told TV One News.

Even bicycles went faster than the lawn mower's 5 mph, he said. "I've watched them go past me."

Gunn was scheduled to appear in court later this week on charges of careless driving, driving while disqualified and driving with excess breath alcohol. He faces a potential prison term if convicted.

Police impounded the lawn mower for 28 days.

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/...ower16-ODD.html

Edited by Mister Fancypants

Timeline
He should have bought a Segway. You don't need a licence to ride a Segway, do you? :unsure:

According to the retired police officer who taught the last defensive driving class I took, a person can be charged with a DUI even riding a bicycle.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
:bonk:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline
According to the retired police officer who taught the last defensive driving class I took, a person can be charged with a DUI even riding a bicycle.

:yes:

My friend got a BUI in Ireland!

I just watched a rerun the other night of Everybody Loves Raymond, where Patricia has a little too much to drink and decides to sleep it off in the car. She still gets charged with a DUI even though she didn't drive the car.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

How timely, I was watching a rerun of "Hot Pursuit" last night. A man was charged for DUI on lawnmower there too. The cop was telling him he could be charged for DUI even if riding a 4 wheeler in his back yard while intoxicated. Personally, I do not see how that is possible. If I am in my back yard cutting my lawn tipsy how does a cop have a right to come back there and haul me off to jail? It's my private property.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Timeline
How timely, I was watching a rerun of "Hot Pursuit" last night. A man was charged for DUI on lawnmower there too. The cop was telling him he could be charged for DUI even if riding a 4 wheeler in his back yard while intoxicated. Personally, I do not see how that is possible. If I am in my back yard cutting my lawn tipsy how does a cop have a right to come back there and haul me off to jail? It's my private property.

Although it may be a bit of stretch, the logic behind behind it could be that it against the law to operate any machinery while intoxicated. I'm wondering if that would include surfing the internet with your computer? :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Really! :lol:

Although it may be a bit of stretch, the logic behind behind it could be that it against the law to operate any machinery while intoxicated. I'm wondering if that would include surfing the internet with your computer? :P

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
She still gets charged with a DUI even though she didn't drive the car.

I seriously doubt the charges would stick, since the D in DUI stands for Driving, not Sleeping.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Surely they did it because he was trying to circumnavigate their clear ruling that he shouldn't be negotiating the streets in a mechanically powered vehicle because he had already had his licence pulled for previous DUI offenses? The fact that the vehicle he was driving couldn't do more than 5mph really isn't relevant. Silly git, he should either drink at home or pay a taxi to ferry him about.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Or drunken beef charioteering, but that's a tad crude ;)

Edited by Number 6