Islanddream

All Yardies

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello All,

I have a very important question to ask, i hope someone can help me, i am soooooooo depressed, my husband was here this christmas, we had a lovely time, now i suspect i may be pregnant, how will that affect our case, i wouldnt want nothing to slow down our process, so sorry i dont have a timeline, my husband just received the affidavit of support forms, and immigrant visa bill, ( the affidavit bill for $70 was paid already, he is sending off those forms this weekend, how long will you think i would have to wait before getting the DS-230 and medical ect ect, or do i have to wait until i give birth, before i can leave, i am sooooo confused, and stressed we are sooooooo close to the end of all this paper work, any info will be appreciated

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Pregnancy doesn't effect anything either way. You can leave as soon as you get your visa.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Pregnancy doesn't effect anything either way. You can leave as soon as you get your visa.

Thank you Jomo's Girl, i feel a little better, will let you know what happens

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The only reason I could see they would not let you leave whenever you wanted would be if you had some pregnancy issues and/or if too close to the date of delivery. But, that would be the airlines stopping you, not the embassy.

You will be fine. Hang in there.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Hello All,

I have a very important question to ask, i hope someone can help me, i am soooooooo depressed, my husband was here this christmas, we had a lovely time, now i suspect i may be pregnant, how will that affect our case, i wouldnt want nothing to slow down our process, so sorry i dont have a timeline, my husband just received the affidavit of support forms, and immigrant visa bill, ( the affidavit bill for $70 was paid already, he is sending off those forms this weekend, how long will you think i would have to wait before getting the DS-230 and medical ect ect, or do i have to wait until i give birth, before i can leave, i am sooooo confused, and stressed we are sooooooo close to the end of all this paper work, any info will be appreciated

Hey,

Like Jomo said..u'll be fine. Cause u'll have ur visa like 1/2 thru pregnancy. After U send in the fees then I would say it's about a 1month they will send u DS 230 part 1. What u can do is fill print the DS 230 before u get theirs and when u get it from them just mail it out right away....

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Yup! You're all good! It took me a minute to realize that you were the beneficiary and not the petitioner. You'll most likely be in the US long before the baby is born and the baby will be born a US citizen, so you're all good. In fact a pregnancy can work in favor of a case. Congrats on the new baby.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratulations Islanddream...In fact they are not only requesting the DS-230 part 1; they want you to send the entire DS-230 form even though you will sign Part 2 at the embassy. They want you to send in your original birth certificate and marriage certificate, as well as your police certificate. If you haven't gotten them yet, try getting your birth certificate and marriage certificate together. You should have your interview way before you are about to give birth.

Best of luck to you!!! :thumbs:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline
Congratulations Islanddream...In fact they are not only requesting the DS-230 part 1; they want you to send the entire DS-230 form even though you will sign Part 2 at the embassy. They want you to send in your original birth certificate and marriage certificate, as well as your police certificate. If you haven't gotten them yet, try getting your birth certificate and marriage certificate together. You should have your interview way before you are about to give birth.

Best of luck to you!!! :thumbs:

Hello Jomo's Girl, Kimmy, Marlita, JA Tam,

thank you all for your answers, i really appreciate your help, gives me peace of mind,

I will let you all know what happens.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

CONGRATS DREAMY!!!!! A Baby is a blessing...never a hinderance!!! :innocent: You will be fine....please don't stress...that is SOOOOOO not good for a newly forming fetus!!! You will be just fine!

Please feel free to join us on the Yardie threads...the more the merrier!!

Good luck to all THREE of you and please keep in touch :thumbs:

Bless-ed (L) ,

Gill

P.S.- I would love to see you roll into the embassy wid your beautiful big belly as proof of your marriage!! ;):lol::lol:

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats on your blessing :wub: - and I concur to everything that was said above. Good luck with your visa process!

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
Hello All,

Hello All,

thanks so much for your comments really gives me peace of mind, i did the test and I am pregnant!!!!!! it still feels like i am dreaming, Jonesie i love your comment cracks me up whenever i think about it, i am praying that all goes well and i can join my husband soon we have been married for 2 years and 6 months, will keep you all posted thanks for your support!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.