dillydally

question regarding DHL...

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

alrighty so el hamdulillah my hubby had his interview on January 13th and SUPPOSEDLY as we were told by the CO everything went great (el hamdulillah) and she took his passport and told him the visa/passport would be sent to him within two weeks...and he paid for the DHL delivery and everything...

now my question is...for those who have dealt with DHL before (I am used to UPS and FedEx :blush: )...what exactly does "shipment picked up" mean... some tell me it means the shipment is being delivered....but then i wonder why the status of the package has not changed since january 13th...others say that it just means it has been paid for :( i am praying inshAllah that he gets his visa soooooooon (i miss him sooo much) :crying: does DHL work similar to USCIS...in that they collect a certain number of passports and paperwork and once they reach a quota they ship it...or what?? I mean the status is not changing on DHL and i am starting to freak out...I mean we all expect AP or AR coming out of Cairo (inshAllah NOT...PLEASE NOOOO :( ) but i do not know what to think...any advice or comments from those who have used DHL before? Thanks :)

whatever it takes...or how my heart breaks...i will be right here waiting for you... 636.gif

alrighty so el hamdulillah my hubby had his interview on January 13th and SUPPOSEDLY as we were told by the CO everything went great (el hamdulillah) and she took his passport and told him the visa/passport would be sent to him within two weeks...and he paid for the DHL delivery and everything...

now my question is...for those who have dealt with DHL before (I am used to UPS and FedEx :blush: )...what exactly does "shipment picked up" mean... some tell me it means the shipment is being delivered....but then i wonder why the status of the package has not changed since january 13th...others say that it just means it has been paid for :( i am praying inshAllah that he gets his visa soooooooon (i miss him sooo much) :crying: does DHL work similar to USCIS...in that they collect a certain number of passports and paperwork and once they reach a quota they ship it...or what?? I mean the status is not changing on DHL and i am starting to freak out...I mean we all expect AP or AR coming out of Cairo (inshAllah NOT...PLEASE NOOOO :( ) but i do not know what to think...any advice or comments from those who have used DHL before? Thanks :)

Don't worry, it just means DHL has been notified that there is a package to be picked up. Once they scan the package into their computer system you'll start seeing movement on it.

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

What Service Center was filed at? Nebraska transferred to California

Provide dates for the following:

I-130 sent (Mailed)..........................3-12-07

1st NOA (Receipt Notice) .................3-29-07

2nd NOA (Approval Notice) e-mail.....6-15-07

Bill for I-864 processing fee rcd and sent..7-24-07

I-864 Packet Received......................8-18-07

I-864 Mailed to NV............................8-20-07

Bill for DS-230 received....................8-29-07

Payment for DS-230 sent..................8-30-07

DS-230 Packet received..................10-25-07

DS-230 Packet sent to NVC..............10-29-07

Case Completed..............................11-16-07

Case Forwarded to Embassy.............11-30-07

Packet recieved from NVC................12-07-07

Medical complete...............................1-04-08

Leave for Manila................................1-19-08

Interview and approval......................1-22-08

Visa in Hand .....................................1-24-08

Arrived in USA...................................3-19-08

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Congratulations on the visa :)

what kind of questions did they ask your hubby????

DHL is pretty good, I've dealt with them a couple of times.

Ty nuk te kam zemer, te kam shpirt, se zemra vdes nje dite por shpirti s'vdes kurre.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

:)

i'm soooooooooooooooooo happy to hear your news!!!!!!!!!! alhamdullah!!! i guess cairo's getting their act together!! lol....alhamdullah, the new rules they put in effect in january 07 worked for us!!! alhamdullaaaaah!!!

i didn't even attempt to track the package, but i don't think you should worry about it! insha allah it'll be with you sooooon!! my husband received it 7 or 8 days after the interview and the visa says that it was issued on the 13 of january and it was at his doorstep on the 15th..alhamdullah....so DHL took 2 days, maybe less..

they used to use their TNT carrier and that used to take foreverrrr, my friend said it took a few months for her husband...yikes!! imagine that...lol...

so i hope to hear your great news soon and insha allah you'll be together in the near future!! woo hoooooooooooooooooo!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

lol, it was funny, cuz my husband, me and my sister were at an amusement park when we found out, his sis called to tell him he had a package and when he told me, i didn't know how to react cuz we were in public....so i just started crying...lol....

alhamdullah....the whole process took less than a year......its a lot better than we expected, alhamdulilllah....

anyway....i wish you all the best cutie!!!!

take care!! i'm waiting to hear the amazing news from you insha allah....

all the best to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

::There’s a laugh in my eyes::

There’s a waltz in my walk

And it’s been such a long time

Since there was hope in my talk

If you never knew

What it is that’s new.. it’s you

‘Cause when your hands are in mine

You set a fire that everyone can see

And it’s burning away

Every bad memory

To tell you the truth

If it’s something new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

The world’s a different place

Where nothing’s too hard to say

And nothing’s too hard to do

Never too much to go through

To tell you the truth

Everything that’s new.. baby it’s you

It’s you in the morning

It’s you in the night

A beautiful angel came down

To light up my life

My life, my life

Ohh

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old)

With many years behind me (many years behind me)

There’s only one thing I want (aahh)

One thing I need beside me

For all that you are

For everything you do

For all that you’ve done

Just for showing me the truth

::It’s you...It’s you...Baby it’s you::

--Westlife

...alhamdullah...rabbina ya khallena le ba3d fil donya wa fil akhra...ameen...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.