Tunisia216

Help filling out I 864

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello all!

:help:

We're at the NVC ... which is both a "woohoo" and a *sigh* Because from what I've read we can plan on being there for some time.

They recieved my $70 fee for the AOS bill as well as our executed DS 3032 designating me as Jihed's agent in the USA.

Now their system is telling me they generated the Visa Fee Bill (that great $400 fee bill I have to pay CR 1) and that it will be mailed to me ASAP - Generated on 1/7/08.

Also that they are mailing out the i 864 documents.

Since I am trying to be ahead of the game, I went ahead and downloaded the I 864 from VJ and I'm filling it out to make sure I have all information - hoping I receive it from them and can cram it right back up their hehehe when it comes!

But I have a silly question I can't find an answer to in their instructions :

Page 3 - Part 6 - Sponsor's Income and Employment

Item 23 - My current individual annual income is : $ _________

Are they looking for gross or net - meaning before taxes or after taxes? I would assume they want gross- before taxes, but I just want to make sure before I fill it in.

Next - on that same page - page 3 - part 5 - Sponsor's household size :

They ask for you to enter 1 for your spouse if you are currently married - but the immigrant is my spouse hehe - so I'm not sure does he count against me here and then that goes against my income as to whether or not I make enough money to bring him into the country? As it stand right now I have one for myself of course, and I have a 5 year old son that I have shared custody of with his father- his father pays all his expenses (school, healthcare, etc) and I don't have any expenses for him outside of feeding him when he's with me - we have 7 day on 7 day off custody. So for that I will assume that my son will count as "1" on that form - But does Jihed really count as my spouse there? That would mean I have a total household size of 3 - Me, Jihed, and Aaron -but Jihed is not living here now and I am not supporting him financially. Help please! What should I fill in there? I want to be accurate with all the other documents we have given them, they already know I have a child - but I don't want to make those numbers any higher than they have to be. I making about $34,000 USD a year gross - and I'm a little nervous I'm not going to make the poverty level or whatever they are looking for to sponsor Jihed.

Thanks as always guys!!! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

They are looking for your Gross income (before taxes)

For item 23, your household size, it will be a household of 3. Yes they do expect you to include your spouse as he is the one you are going to prove that you can support.

$ 21,462 is the amount of income you need for 3 people at 125% of the poverty guidelines: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864P.pdf

Edited by trailmix

Thank you soooooooo much!!! Hehe wow this place works fast (If only the government worked this fast ;) lol )

For item 23, your household size, it will be a household of 3. Yes they do expect you to include your spouse as he is the one you are going to prove that you can support.

$ 21,462 is the amount of income you need for 3 people at 125% of the poverty guidelines: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864P.pdf

Thank you soooooooo much!!! Hehe wow this place works fast (If only the government worked this fast ;) lol )

Since you have things rolling, it will also save time down the road to either have your husband download the DS-230 or if he can't you download and send, have him fill it out and sign Part 1 (Part 2 get signed at interview) and return it to you so that as soon as you get the letter and barcode asking for it, you send it, his birth certificate, police report, copy of his passport and his 2x2 picture right back to NVC.

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

What Service Center was filed at? Nebraska transferred to California

Provide dates for the following:

I-130 sent (Mailed)..........................3-12-07

1st NOA (Receipt Notice) .................3-29-07

2nd NOA (Approval Notice) e-mail.....6-15-07

Bill for I-864 processing fee rcd and sent..7-24-07

I-864 Packet Received......................8-18-07

I-864 Mailed to NV............................8-20-07

Bill for DS-230 received....................8-29-07

Payment for DS-230 sent..................8-30-07

DS-230 Packet received..................10-25-07

DS-230 Packet sent to NVC..............10-29-07

Case Completed..............................11-16-07

Case Forwarded to Embassy.............11-30-07

Packet recieved from NVC................12-07-07

Medical complete...............................1-04-08

Leave for Manila................................1-19-08

Interview and approval......................1-22-08

Visa in Hand .....................................1-24-08

Arrived in USA...................................3-19-08

You guys are so great!! hehe I actually just filled t hat out lol - I did it by hand and i'm typing all the information in now - I was thinking - email to him, have him sign it and email it back to me - but the form says that this paper is handled at the embassy and I guess I thought that would mean he should take it to the embassy with him, but by what you are saying - the NVC is going to request this from me? And then they will have it at the embassy waiting when he comes in to interview? That paper was actually the easiest one that I've filled out through all this mess!! LOL But yes I'm going to have him write his name in arabic then sign it and I have all the other info - pics of him, passport, translated police records etc here in the USA with me - good idea and thanks again!!

Since you have things rolling, it will also save time down the road to either have your husband download the DS-230 or if he can't you download and send, have him fill it out and sign Part 1 (Part 2 get signed at interview) and return it to you so that as soon as you get the letter and barcode asking for it, you send it, his birth certificate, police report, copy of his passport and his 2x2 picture right back to NVC.

Can one usually get a police report prior to the docs being sent to the embassy? I was under the impression one had to wait until the embassy contacted the beneficiary.

Visa Approved May 21st, 2008.

I do not know the answer to that specific question but Jihed and I got a police report and sent it with our original I 130 application. When I stayed with him for the month we married June 11 July 16 2007- He just walked into the police station in his town, took the bulletin number 3 stating he had no police record or judicial action, and then when we had our marriage papers, birth certificates, etc translated, we also had that paper translated and I mailed it with my I 130. I kept a copy which I'll attach to the DS 230 - Or I might just have him run in and grab me an updated one as of Jan/Feb 2008 and translate it for me to send - either way - they are going to still check the person at the embassy - I think that's what happens in that wait time from them saying you were approved at the interview through when the immigrant can actually pick up the visa/passport - this is when they are checking with the governments in their hometown, the country's governments and also running last ditch checks on the immigrant and petitioner in the USA, I think.. someone will correct me if I am wrong though I'm sure :P hehe

Can one usually get a police report prior to the docs being sent to the embassy? I was under the impression one had to wait until the embassy contacted the beneficiary.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You can get the police certificate whenever you are ready (generally they are good for 1 year). Look here for more consulate/country specific information on documents:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3176.html

Edited by trailmix

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.