Sunil

Checks not cached, processing stopped

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello fellow VJers,

Need your advice again. I filed the whole AOS shabang for my wife on Dec 21st and it was delivered on 23rd. Got receipts from the USCIS dated Dec 28th. Received her BIO appointment for Jan 18th, dated Jan 04th. To this date they have not cached the checks (we sent two, one for $355, the other one for $1010). We got a tad worried but I read here that because they are behind, some folks have waited for over a month for their checks to be cached. So we just waited. Today we received two emails from them stating that "...because the fee payment was returned by the bank due to insufficient funds.", both for I-130 and I-485. And they've stopped processing... WTH???

I just called the bank and all the money is still there... Looks like they have just plain lost our checks... Moreover, the bank lady said that no one had even tried to cash anything... We're perplexed.

What's the best course of action? We're a little worried 'cause if they stopped processing her case, will her BIO appointment for this coming Friday go through or will the fingerprinters see that her case has been stopped and send her back without fingerprinting...

Should we just call the bank and have the two checks already sent to them voided and send two new ones????? Please advise...

Sunil

PS. I tried to call the 800 number provided but couldn't get through to any human operator, any which way I tried... Is there a way?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Infopass appointment sounds the best solution. Maybe you should bring with you bank statements to show the money is indeed here and has been for the past month, as well as a photocopy of the checks if you made one.

Good luck.

Edit: And still go to the schedule biometric appointment just in case.

Edited by Cécy

08.2006: Entered with a B-2 visa.

07.06.07: Civil Wedding

07.17.2008 AOS approved with interview. It took 367 Days!

11.08.08: Big family wedding

09.18.09-10.03.09: First trip to France with Hubby

I-751

04.19.10: Package sent to Vermont

04.21.10: Delivered in Vermont

04.22.10: NOA date

04.23.10: Check cashed

05.17.10: Received biometrics appointment letter

06.07.10: Biometrics Appointment

06.26.10: Touched

07.07.10: Card Production Ordered!

07.17.10: Card in the mail :) Done until citizenship

French Thread I

French Thread II

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I would keep the biometrics appt, make an infopass appt AND call USCIS as well. use the # listed on your NOA. there may be a wait but they do answer. sounds like they've lost your cheques but have furnished you with a form letter putting it on you...

good luck yaar, this is a tough one but as someone said above bring your bank receipts to both the biometrics and the infopass appt.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.