derekkj

Biometrics at Alexandria, VA ASC

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just a quick update - Derek had his biometrics done at the Alexandria, VA ASC on 1/10 and it was a breeze! He actually showed up at 2pm for a 3pm appointment but was taken early anyway and was out by 2:30. The lady who took his fingerprints had a bit of difficulty with his right hand, but eventually got it. He said that he was impressed with how smoothly the whole process went and a bit amused that most of the workers there seemed to be immigrants too. :)

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks - good to hear. We're heading down to Alexandria next week on the 23 and 24th (yes, they scheduled my appt and my daughter's on diff days :) I'm bringing her on the 23 in case they can take her and get it over with.

Cheers

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

It's a good thing they no longer have those huge lines at the Alexandria ASC! I was able to walk in a week before my appointment (had an appointment at one of the offices upstairs in the same building) - the lady at the front desk gave me some attitude but finally allowed me in. Remember: no cell phones!

It's a good thing they no longer have those huge lines at the Alexandria ASC!

I have to disagree with this one, at least from my own experience. I just went in today and I waited for almost two hours! After I was done, almost every seat inside was taken and there was also a line of around 30 people outside. Maybe on some other days it goes smoother, but that's what was like on Tuesday.

Edited by noone

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

well, maybe it was a bad day. Sorry to hear that!

But believe me - until last year there was always a long line outside the door and inside was full as well, also difficult to find parking usually. I am a volunteer in one of the offices upstairs in the same building (i.e. I go there on a regular basis) and the situation has improved a lot!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.