N-400 January Filers

233 posts in this topic

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hey everyone! We got news that my husband's oath will be on 4th of July at a local park here in town - it will probably be blazing hot, but I can't wait to have this over and done with. :dance::dance:

Filed: Timeline
up date : Went to my interview on 6/6/08. given oath ceremony letter for 6/11/08 at 1230

Today i had my oath ceremony and i am officially a United State citizen.

I was sad because i had to part with my green card.

good luck to anyone else going through this process.

DALLAS TX service center

A nice timeline :thumbs: CONGRATSS Amaka you are now a proud USC :dance::dance::dance:

Hey everyone! We got news that my husband's oath will be on 4th of July at a local park here in town - it will probably be blazing hot, but I can't wait to have this over and done with. :dance::dance:

I am so happy for you and your hubby Staashi :thumbs: your prayer truly came tru for the mega ceremonies in July 4th... Enjoy.... :dance::star::dance:

Whereas for myself, I am still anxiously waiting for my exam (time feels sooo dragging...) 2 more weeks... :blink:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Today I had my interview. It was a breeze really. My husband was with me because of the I-751 not being approved yet. We never got a letter that he had to be there, but we thought better safe than sorry. My husband was never called in, he was in the waiting area the whole time. The officer went through my A-file and asked if we were happily married. I said yes and I told him that my husband is right outside if you want to meet him, but he said that wasn't necessary. Then he continued to ask the have you ever-questions. I wrote one sentence, and then he asked me 10 questions from the list. He did ask all 10. He never asked to see any of the documents I brought. He congratulated me to passing the test and being recommended for approval. He said to wait outside a few minutes to get the result receipt. When I got it I asked how long before the oath and he said it will be in mid July, they do it once per month in San Diego.

Hang in there all of you who are waiting and good luck! :dance:

Ken & Jenny

I-751

13th Jan 2007 - Mailed I-751 to NSC

18th Jan 2007 - NOA

14th Feb 2007 - Biometrics

29th Jan 2008 - 6 months extension stamp in passport

Waiting.....

N-400

14th Jan 2008 - Mailed N-400 to CSC. I-751 still pending at NSC

15th Jan 2008 - Received at CSC

17th Jan 2008 - Check cashed

16th Jan 2008 - Priority date

22nd Jan 2008 - Notice date

26th Jan 2008 - Biometrics letter received

7th Feb 2008 - Biometrics appointment

28th April 2008 - Interviev Notice received

17th June 2008 - Interview in San Diego - Passed

10th July 2008 - Oath letter received

23rd July 2008 - Oath ceremony Golden Hall San Diego

25th July 2008 - Applied for passport

4th August 2008 - Passport received

Today I had my interview. It was a breeze really. My husband was with me because of the I-751 not being approved yet. We never got a letter that he had to be there, but we thought better safe than sorry. My husband was never called in, he was in the waiting area the whole time. The officer went through my A-file and asked if we were happily married. I said yes and I told him that my husband is right outside if you want to meet him, but he said that wasn't necessary. Then he continued to ask the have you ever-questions. I wrote one sentence, and then he asked me 10 questions from the list. He did ask all 10. He never asked to see any of the documents I brought. He congratulated me to passing the test and being recommended for approval. He said to wait outside a few minutes to get the result receipt. When I got it I asked how long before the oath and he said it will be in mid July, they do it once per month in San Diego.

Congrats on passing the Interview jennybirgitta!!! What a smooth ride :D:D Hope you got your OL by Mid-July as promised. Enjoy the moment :dance::whistle:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congratulations.

Bob & Mon

Hi Chitown, I will have my interview next 6/26.

Nice... thank you LadyK for sharing

I am just one day after you. GoodLuck to you Lady_K :thumbs:

my N400 journey was in the earlier post (in this Jan 2008 Filer thread also) but here I will post again:

PD: 1/17/08

FP: 2/15/08

IL: 4/15/08

ID: 6/27/08

... anxiously waiting for the interview and exam memorization...

Edited by chitown

Congratulations.

Thank you for your encouragement nscvet.... we are really trained to be the most patient creatures by dealing with USCIS-INS uncertainties for years... I guess it prove how determined we are loving this country. God Bless America.

GoodLuck to you too in waiting for your IL... I got carried away looking at your and other LA DO filers timeline (especially those who are still waiting for ILs even though the PD were in 2007) ... :unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.