Emo

Free calls to Russia

19 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

www.freecall.com works too !! ;)

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Timeline

Cool! Gotta try this!

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
This only works if you have a VOIP service to begin with. I could not get this thing to dial anywhere just from the internet. I do not have any VOIP service at home. Likewise it this service simply routes through your existing VOIP and you will be charged by their rates. That is not exactly free.

Timeline
http://www.freecall.com requires no pre-existing VOIP service. It is only free for land-lines, and only for 90 days free to Russia. But there are ways around that...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

Removing Conditions

03/06/09 - Check cashed

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Timeline
http://www.freecall.com requires no pre-existing VOIP service. It is only free for land-lines, and only for 90 days free to Russia. But there are ways around that...
This too is not really free. You have to buy €10 plus a processing fee of €0.50, which roughly comes out to $15. That will give you the 90 days for free at 300 minutes a week. After the 90 days or any week exceeding 300 minutes the account starts getting used up at their standard rate. But it is the best thing I can find and my wife is on it. Only we went through http://www.voipcheap.com which is identical to the website you posted.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but my q is a bit similar:

Anybody know about some FREE/cheap good quality callback service? With incoming calls to russian cell phones being free, a call back service makes a whole lot of sense, especially if calling internationally from russia.

Timeline
This too is not really free. You have to buy €10 plus a processing fee of €0.50, which roughly comes out to $15. That will give you the 90 days for free at 300 minutes a week. After the 90 days or any week exceeding 300 minutes the account starts getting used up at their standard rate. But it is the best thing I can find and my wife is on it. Only we went through http://www.voipcheap.com which is identical to the website you posted.

I am going to edit my response to this. There is a way to make it totally free, but I shouldn't be posting it on boards, on second thought. If you are happy with it now, then fine. I don't pay for it.

Edited by Chuckles

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

Removing Conditions

03/06/09 - Check cashed

Timeline

I don't mean to offend anyone or anything like that... But it is against TOA to list or encourage anything illegal, and they seem to be very 'sticky' about this.

Anyway, the first 90 days are free... upon first registration... think about that for a few minutes and I think you will understand how to have free calls forever. Unless they changed that policy, of course.

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

Removing Conditions

03/06/09 - Check cashed

Timeline
Anyway, the first 90 days are free... upon first registration... think about that for a few minutes and I think you will understand how to have free calls forever. Unless they changed that policy, of course.
We did this for a while, but as it turns out, each "free" registration is only good for 5 minutes. Used to last for 5 calls and you could talk for 30 minutes or so, but not any more. Also you can only register about 3 accounts per IP per every 1 or 2 weeks. I don't know if that is illegal or not, but it is huge hassle even for me, just for those 5 minutes per call. So we bought the 90 days, which is pretty decent.

Filed: Timeline

Yeah, I wouldn't call that illegal. And VJ seems to leave this forum alone for the most part--can't remember the last time I saw a mod. Issues that we tend to dip our toes over the line about are usually unique to Russia, and it's usually the only way around it. Taking advantage of a phone care company's offer in a way they may not have intended...I just don't see that as a problem. I could be wrong. :)

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
Yeah, I wouldn't call that illegal. And VJ seems to leave this forum alone for the most part--can't remember the last time I saw a mod. Issues that we tend to dip our toes over the line about are usually unique to Russia, and it's usually the only way around it. Taking advantage of a phone care company's offer in a way they may not have intended...I just don't see that as a problem. I could be wrong. :)

I agree--how would one survive in russia without doing something a little bit illegal? i would say that most of us with a used russian visa in our passports fudged the rules somewhat, and most of the embassies (ones in certain baltic countries with serious russia issues excluded) know this and look the other way.

Первый блин комом.

I'm using Skype to talk with my friends. Totally free if installed on both ends, + video chats! Rate to landline phones = 2 cents per minute (Moscow and St.Pete).

Aug 2003 first icebreaker ;-)

2003 - 2006 letters, letters, letters

Aug 2006 met at regatta in Greece

03/20/2007 I-129f mailed to TSC

08/06/2007 NOA-2, 118 days from the 1st notice.

10/24/2007 Interview in Moscow, visa approved

12/06/2007 Entered at JFK, got EAD stamp.

01/25/2008 Married in St. Augustine, FL

02/19/2008 AOS package mailed

09/30/2008 AOS interview - APPROVED!

10/11/2008 Green card in the mail

01/14/2009 Our little girl, Fiona Elizabeth, was born on Jan. 14, 2009 :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.