Mina76

Just Turkish

1,923 posts in this topic

internetkafe...I see you live in Phoenix...we have been driving every few weeks to try a new Turkish restaurant in Phoenix...we don't have any Turkish restaurants here in Tucson...just got back form Med Fresh Grill in Tempe and it was very good! Efes was 50/50 Arabic/Turkish...ok and not worth the money! You know of any other restaurants?

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline
internetkafe...I see you live in Phoenix...we have been driving every few weeks to try a new Turkish restaurant in Phoenix...we don't have any Turkish restaurants here in Tucson...just got back form Med Fresh Grill in Tempe and it was very good! Efes was 50/50 Arabic/Turkish...ok and not worth the money! You know of any other restaurants?

I've been to Tucson before. Isn't that where Saguaro National Park is near? I remember exploring a cave there. The adobe style houses I saw in Tucson were so cute. When I go home I think I will take some of those seasoning packets home with me that tell you which fresh ingredients to buy to make the different Turkish kababs. Wish I could take some Baklava with me too but I'd probly eat it all on the plane ride home. :blush:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Yes ErikaandHamit, you are right. K3 is more difficult than K1. You can get a temporary employment authorization with K1 but you can not with K3 for example.

So it seems the hospital in Istanbul charges more than Dr Ungan?

http://www.doctorun.com/index.php?categoryid=13

I am now a US citizen.

t1283610_made-in-china-american-flag.jpg

pride_logo_275px.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

hi all,

ive posted in here a few times but havent really gotten a lot of advice :( but i do have one question that im hoping people will help me with: recommendations for travel agencies in turkey, preferably istanbul, that i can buy a cheap ticket to the US with for my husband. there are no direct flights to the US from damascus, so he would have to go through their IST or Amman anyways. I got screwed this summer flying with Turkish Airlines and want to look for another possibility. Thanks a mil!

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Timeline

Wow, how did I not see this message of yours? :D

Sorry. We live in Wisconsin. Phoenix, AZ is the place where immigration papers were filed at. I want to visit AZ very much.Also Nevada.Because of CSI I started being interested in that region.

You are lucky to have several Turkish restaurants in your state. We have one and a half in the entire WI :D The half calls itself Mediterranean restaurant (its name is Tulip). We went there a few times but its offerings are not authentic enough for my taste.The other restaurant is co-owned by a half Turk/half Syrian and an Egyptian. Their food is better prepared but the restaurant is very small and not all the menu items are Turkish.But they are all very delicious. I am getting hungry :D

If you come to WI, let us know :)

I am now a US citizen.

pride_logo_275px.jpg

Timeline
hi all,

ive posted in here a few times but havent really gotten a lot of advice :( but i do have one question that im hoping people will help me with: recommendations for travel agencies in turkey, preferably istanbul, that i can buy a cheap ticket to the US with for my husband. there are no direct flights to the US from damascus, so he would have to go through their IST or Amman anyways. I got screwed this summer flying with Turkish Airlines and want to look for another possibility. Thanks a mil!

Hi Enraptured,

Did you buy the ticket directly from Turkish Airlines last time? I have never done that.I can see how it can be so expensive.

I do not like the flight crew members' (and ground crew members/luggage service) attitudes on Turkish Airlines flights.

http://www.bookinturkey.com is a good place to look for tickets. The best fares usually can be found midweek (Tuesday, Wednesday etc) and away from popular holidays.Uusually KLM, AirFrance,Lufthansa offer cheaper tickets. Never traveled first class or business class so I do not know them but I like Air France economy the best.

Also try to search flexible (+/-3 days) dates.

It takes a month or two for me to find and settle on a bargain ticket.I search endlessly, around the clock sometimes :D

You can even get your tickets from expedia.com. I tried hotprice(I think it was hotprice) once. We do not have to buy the ticket from the city/country of departure.Today we can buy a ticket anywhere regardless of where we are going to and where we are departing from...

I am now a US citizen.

pride_logo_275px.jpg

internetkafe: now I see you are not from PHX...silly me...the food was very authentic, they even spoke Turkish to each other and played Turkish music...I got to hear the lovely sharpening of the doner kebap knives ha ha...The food was good and very close to how ti tastes in Istanbul. If we ever go to WI of course I will let you know and same to you for AZ...as for the Dr...I don't know who is cheaper, but Ungan was pretty cheap!

As for what airlines or agency...I couldn't help you...I got pretty good deals off of Orbitz or American Airlines sometimes, but not often....THY was always very inexpensive if you have someone local to purchase the tickets with transferred USD's, but they do not fly out of Tucson otherwise I would use them all the time!

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Timeline
hi all,

Hi!

Have you tried travelocity or orbitz? They list all the major airlines and that is usually where I find the best deals. I use travelocity a lot. It is also worth it to check the home sites of the major airlines after you see what travelocity has to offer because on rare occasions the prices on the airlines own site are cheaper. So if the cheapest listing on orbitz or travelocity is delta airlines or one of it's affiliates then be sure to check the prices on their site to before you book. Travelocity also allows you to pick a travel route and sign up for email updates when the airfare prices to that destination go up or down. When is he flying to the states? The prices will be high now thru the new year because of holiday travel.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
hi all,

Hi!

Have you tried travelocity or orbitz? They list all the major airlines and that is usually where I find the best deals. I use travelocity a lot. It is also worth it to check the home sites of the major airlines after you see what travelocity has to offer because on rare occasions the prices on the airlines own site are cheaper. So if the cheapest listing on orbitz or travelocity is delta airlines or one of it's affiliates then be sure to check the prices on their site to before you book. Travelocity also allows you to pick a travel route and sign up for email updates when the airfare prices to that destination go up or down. When is he flying to the states? The prices will be high now thru the new year because of holiday travel.

I almost always use bookingbuddy.com

It checks a large number of sites at the same time and is usually where I get the best deal. One thing I have never understood is why there was such a big difference in price to fly from there to here. Same flight.. almost $300 - $400 more.

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey
07/09/08 - Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.
06/04/09 - 2nd Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

04/29/2010 - Mailed AOS Packet
07/14/2010 - AOS Approved!
07/24/2010 - Green Card in Hand!

04/26/2012 - Mailed ROC Packet
01/03/2012- ROC Approved

01/10/2013 - 10 year Green Card in Hand

04/14/2102 - Mailed N400 Packet

05/13/2013 - Biometrics
08/19/2013 - Citizenship interview

09/18/2013 - Oath Cermony.

It's finally all over! He's a citizen :)

Timeline

Does anyone know how long it takes UPS to deliver a package from Istanbul to Ankara?

Fuat sent Packet # 3 on Wednesday, November 18th.. according to DOS is has not reached the consulate yet. It's been 3 business days since he sent it ( four if you count the day he sent it). Is this normal?

We don't have the tracking number, so can't check it... I called UPS, but they couldn't tell me if it would take one day, three.. five..

Does anyone have a general idea... should I be concerned that it's not there yet? I have a vivid imagination of it getting lost :)

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

01/03/2012- ROC Approved

05/13/2013 - Biometrics

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

thanks to all you suggestions.

when i flew from IST to NYC this summer, i used expedia like a fool and the only cheapest fare was with THY. i paid maybe close to 800 dollars for it. i had a problem with some beeyotch from THY who made a big deal out of the fact that i had came from Syria to TR and was planning to go home. i even asked her at one point, because i was pissed "do you think my passport is a fake one?" and she was like "uh no but bla bla bla bla bla..." i made it a huge point to ask her name from one of her co-workers, write it down, look at her menacingly a few times while waiting for the flight, and then asking a manager for their customer service number so i can call and complain. i lazily never did, but i won't forget her anytime soon i go back. i was more mad because i have been to turkey 5 times before this and NEVER had any issues. i will try your suggestions, thanks again.

kat

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Timeline
Does anyone know how long it takes UPS to deliver a package from Istanbul to Ankara?

Fuat sent Packet # 3 on Wednesday, November 18th.. according to DOS is has not reached the consulate yet. It's been 3 business days since he sent it ( four if you count the day he sent it). Is this normal?

We don't have the tracking number, so can't check it... I called UPS, but they couldn't tell me if it would take one day, three.. five..

Does anyone have a general idea... should I be concerned that it's not there yet? I have a vivid imagination of it getting lost :)

I sent my packet by UPS from Istanbul on Oct. 3rd and it arrived at the embassy on Oct. 5th. He should have been given a tracking number at the UPS office.

Timeline

I sent my packet by UPS from Istanbul on Oct. 3rd and it arrived at the embassy on Oct. 5th. He should have been given a tracking number at the UPS office.

We found the receipt and tried every number listed on it.. but they all rejected on the web page saying they were not a valid tracking number. I called UPS and gave them every number we could find on the receipt and they told me the same thing. Fuat called UPS in Turkey, and he told me they used one of the numbers he gave them and confirmed it was delivered but UPS here says they couldn't have done that since none of the numbers are a tracking number.

Called the Embassy and they said they don't show it listed yet... but that it's a big embassy and could take a while to reach their office and get entered into their system. She also said it could be up to 20 days before we get a response.

I just wish we could confirm that the packet reached there... We've made it this far, I can wait 20 days for an interview date to be given to us if we have to, just wish we could confirm delivery.

Can't check back with UPS since it's the Thanksgiving/Bayram Holiday. Embassy is closed until Tuesday..

Guess I need to learn some patience :)

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving... bayramin mubarek olsun.

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

03/30/2010 - Married

01/03/2012- ROC Approved

05/13/2013 - Biometrics

Timeline
We found the receipt and tried every number listed on it.. but they all rejected on the web page saying they were not a valid tracking number. I called UPS and gave them every number we could find on the receipt and they told me the same thing. Fuat called UPS in Turkey, and he told me they used one of the numbers he gave them and confirmed it was delivered but UPS here says they couldn't have done that since none of the numbers are a tracking number.

Called the Embassy and they said they don't show it listed yet... but that it's a big embassy and could take a while to reach their office and get entered into their system. She also said it could be up to 20 days before we get a response.

I just wish we could confirm that the packet reached there... We've made it this far, I can wait 20 days for an interview date to be given to us if we have to, just wish we could confirm delivery.

Track your packet on UPS Turkey by entering your tracking number here.

When I got a receipt from UPS they had put a sticker on it with a barcode and under the barcode there was a 9 digit tracking number starting with 'T' and followed by 8 numbers. For ex. T11223345. Check the receipt again for a 9 digit number and enter it in the above link.

The embassy received my packet on Oct. 5th and then I got an email on Oct. 20th giving me my interview date which is coming up next month.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.