jaybird

Case forwarded to US Embassy

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Our case was approved 11/7/2007 it was forwarded to US embassy in Guangzhou China the week of Dec.20th. I see on my approval letter It expires on 3/7/2008? What exactly expires my Petition? What if they are all backed up in Guangzhou and we pass the 3/7/2008 date? What is the next step in the process? My Attorney services are only until We received the US approval, I did not sign up for the Embassy Support portion. Should I wait and see what happens? I told my sweet Shuyan to keep her eyes open for a letter Soon in her mail for an interview date? or a list of things she will need to complete? What is in that pack? Sorry but I dont know what comes next in the Process? Is the US approval a big step or does everyone get US approval and the Embassy is where people get denied? I am thinking of Flying to Guangzhou for the interview that way I am there when she is @ her interview and she can present my Passport as more evidence? Sorry for the long winded Questions...Thank you in Advance

Jaybird

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Do not worry about K-1 petition expiring, Guangzhou automatically extends ALL of them, that CONSULATE NEVER interviews for the visa before the expiration date. It takes 3-5 months from NVC to interview.

The Embassy is in Beijing, a Consulate is in Gunagzhou.

Yes she can present your passport as evidence that you are there in GUZ to support her, I did.

What happens next, is I HIGHLY Recommend that you Join "A Candle for Love" and study the FAQ, and Interview Questions posted on that site. "A Candle for Love" is the best site for preparing for the very daunting interview at the US Consulate in Gunagzhou China.

http://candleforlove.com

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=233487

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

You never specified how you were proceeding; i.e., K-1, K-3, etc. But there is nothing to worry about. The office in CAN (Guangzhou) is very efficient. But to rest your mind your questions should be directed to the National Visa Center (NVC) at (603) 334-0700 after 8 a.m. to about 6 p.m. Eastern Time Monday through Friday---although they say they are open to receive calls from 7:30 to midnight if you want to stay on hold until the aforesaid times or listen to music and recorded messages. The office in CAN will not tell you anything.

Good luck.

----------------------------------------------------

Our case was approved 11/7/2007 it was forwarded to US embassy in Guangzhou China the week of Dec.20th. I see on my approval letter It expires on 3/7/2008? What exactly expires my Petition? What if they are all backed up in Guangzhou and we pass the 3/7/2008 date? What is the next step in the process? My Attorney services are only until We received the US approval, I did not sign up for the Embassy Support portion. Should I wait and see what happens? I told my sweet Shuyan to keep her eyes open for a letter Soon in her mail for an interview date? or a list of things she will need to complete? What is in that pack? Sorry but I dont know what comes next in the Process? Is the US approval a big step or does everyone get US approval and the Embassy is where people get denied? I am thinking of Flying to Guangzhou for the interview that way I am there when she is @ her interview and she can present my Passport as more evidence? Sorry for the long winded Questions...Thank you in Advance

Jaybird

Douglas L Cox

1800 Emanuel Cleaver II Blvd., Ste. 310

Kansas City, MO 64130

United States of America

Timeline

You never specified how you were proceeding; i.e., K-1, K-3, etc. But there is nothing to worry about. The office in CAN (Guangzhou) is very efficient. But to rest your mind your questions should be directed to the National Visa Center (NVC) at (603) 334-0700 after 8 a.m. to about 6 p.m. Eastern Time Monday through Friday---although they say they are open to receive calls from 7:30 to midnight if you want to stay on hold until the aforesaid times or listen to music and recorded messages. The office in CAN will not tell you anything.

Good luck.

----------------------------------------------------

Sounds like his petition has left NVC, so no point calling them. Better to call DOS at 202-663-1225. The consulate at GUZ is any thing but effeciant, its one of the slowest. You are looking at about May for an interview date, I would suggest you join a candle for love, its a china specific site, good luck.

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

June 28th 2007 sent 1-129f to NSC

July 11th 2007 NOA-1 received date on NOA-1 (now at CSC)

July 19th 2007 NAO 1 Reciept date on NOA-1

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

Dec 13th 2007 - arrives at NVC

Dec 20th 2007 - leaves NVC on route to GUZ

March 10th 2008- P3 sent & returned

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

Filing to Noa -1 -13 days

NOA-1 to NOA-2 - 133 days

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

P-3 to interview - 73 days

Interview to visa - 10 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

Timeline

Jaybird

Congratulations and good luck on your journey. I was directed to CFL too and found some excellent information there. There is also a website my fiance watches that maybe of help to you both? We have read the experiences of interviews there: http://usa.bbs.net/bbs/01/index.html?ne=1

Let us know how it goes showing up for her interview. I also want to do this to support her when our time comes!

AOS sent..................2009-11-02

Check cashed...........2009-11-09

Rcv'd NOAs...............2009-11-12

Rcv'd Bio appt...........2009-11-21 and 2009-11-23

Bio completed...........2009-12-08

Rcv'd interview .........2009-12-23

K-1/K-2 interview.......2010-01-26

AOS approved............2010-01-26.... First e-mail ever received about our case....2010-01-28

Rcv'd welcome letter...2010-01-30.... Second e-mail received ...........................2010-01-29

GC production letter....2010-02-01

Green Cards arrive.....2010-02-05

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Good luck to you both. Congrats!!

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
Good luck to you both. Congrats!!

SHUYAN is Still waiting on the Packet to arrive!! I dont understand why it takes sooo long? Its been 45 days? Is there a huge back log? Im getting inpatient..Only Because I sent Shuyan a sweet care package with all kinds of Valentines day stuff...So sweet she opened it in front of me on Skype ...I wish it was going faster..Thats all..My heart feels like its being squeezed when I look at her I want her here w/ me Now!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.