Melinx

Green Card Interview Naples

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hi Everyone/Anyone

I'm a South African living in Italy. I entered the Green Card Lottery last year and was selected for futher processing... whooooohooooo :dance:

After waiting and waiting for an Intervieww Date and not hearing anything, I emailed the Kentucky Consular Centre and asked what was happeing...

They got back to me on the 19th of December, saying that an interview has been scheduled for me at the American Embassy in Naples on the 1st of February 2008, BUT I have not received anything in the post.... Since there's only about 3 weeks left before the interview I'm starting to get a bit worried.

I just emailed the Embassy in Naples asking them if they can send me the information by email, but they sent a generic response saying that they may only reply in 2 weeks time. I'm worried about whether I will have enough time to do/gather everything as specified in the "Information Pack" .

Has anyone been for an Interview in Naples? Can anyone give me any advise? :help:

Thanks Mel

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
Hi Everyone/Anyone

I'm a South African living in Italy. I entered the Green Card Lottery last year and was selected for futher processing... whooooohooooo :dance:

After waiting and waiting for an Intervieww Date and not hearing anything, I emailed the Kentucky Consular Centre and asked what was happeing...

They got back to me on the 19th of December, saying that an interview has been scheduled for me at the American Embassy in Naples on the 1st of February 2008, BUT I have not received anything in the post.... Since there's only about 3 weeks left before the interview I'm starting to get a bit worried.

I just emailed the Embassy in Naples asking them if they can send me the information by email, but they sent a generic response saying that they may only reply in 2 weeks time. I'm worried about whether I will have enough time to do/gather everything as specified in the "Information Pack" .

Has anyone been for an Interview in Naples? Can anyone give me any advise? :help:

Thanks Mel

Congrats for having been selected!

I went through Naples but for a K1 visa and back in 2004...not sure how much help I can be. The only thing I can tell you is to keep "bugging" them, they do tend to be lazy at that consulate unfortunately...I kept calling and eventally got the answers I was looking for, but it did require some hassling from my part lol Could you contact the same office which informed you that an interview had been scheduled and tell them that you haven't gotten anything from Naples, therefore you're worried you cannot complete what needs to be completed? Just an idea, see what they say.

Good luck with everything...sorry for not being more help. (F)

Edited by churipu

U.S. CITIZEN SINCE MAY 8TH 2008

NATURALIZATION

28th july 2007 - N-400 mailed to VSC

(exactly on the 90th day mark...applications NOT returned although some scared me into thinking they could have!)

30th july 2007 - N-400 delivered to VSC

11th august 2007 - Delivery Confirmation receipt received

17th september 2007 - Money Order (FINALLY!) cashed

9th november 2007 - NOA! (notification period given 180 days)

21th november 2007 - Biometrics appointment letter

18th december 2007 - Biometrics appointment in Baltimore, MD completed

29th march 2008 - FINALLY received letter with interview date!

8th may 2008 H 8:40 AM - Interview in Baltimore-APPROVED!

8th may 2008 H 3:00 pm (yes same day, crazy!) Oath Ceremony in Baltimore

24th may 2008 - US Passport application mailed off

6th june 2008 - US Passport received in the mail!!!

Timeline

Thanks for your help churipu!!! :thumbs: How's Balitmore? Maryland is one of the places I would like live when I come to America. I've never been there but it looks so nice...

So anyway, I've emailed the embassy and they've gotten back to me to confirm my appointment, but still nothing in the mail... Now I'm trying to get everything together by searching forums etc....

I dont know if I'll get everything i need. Time is so limited. I hope I get a very nice person in Naples on a very GOOD Day, then maybe I'll stand a chance....

I want to live in AMERICAAAAA too! :dance:

Thanks for your help churipu!!! :thumbs: How's Balitmore? Maryland is one of the places I would like live when I come to America. I've never been there but it looks so nice...

So anyway, I've emailed the embassy and they've gotten back to me to confirm my appointment, but still nothing in the mail... Now I'm trying to get everything together by searching forums etc....

I dont know if I'll get everything i need. Time is so limited. I hope I get a very nice person in Naples on a very GOOD Day, then maybe I'll stand a chance....

I want to live in AMERICAAAAA too! :dance:

Did you have your medical exam yet? What about the police reports from South Africa & anywhere else you've been for over 6 months? I believe you'll have to have these for your interview.

Best of luck!

Edited by Nanusia & Lukaszek
12140.gif

Timeline
Did you have your medical exam yet? What about the police reports from South Africa & anywhere else you've been for over 6 months? I believe you'll have to have these for your interview.

Best of luck!

They have scheduled a Medical for us in Naples, one day prior to our Interview. That is one less thing we have to worry about. :thumbs:

And luckily I got a Police Clearance Certificate just before coming to Italy. I needed one in order to get married here. We are now scrambling to get one for my husband from South Africa though, but seems like we've contacted some kind of miracle worker who may be able to pull it off for us... we'll see.

I hope all will fall into place....

I would have been lost without these forums. Except for my inital winning letter and forms that I received, I still have not received any further details in the post, but I've been in email contact with the American Embassy in Naples and the interview is definitely a GO... :dance:

Edited by Melinx

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.