ceriserose

I *thought* we were done with USCIS...

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks everyone. I've gotten it in the mail, just a matter of waiting...again. Bleh.

It's not a worst-case scenario by any means, just that little hitch that you hope doesn't snowball horrifically in government red tape.

:)

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
I hope you can get through the government red tape and get it corrected quickly! Government and quick, is that an oxymoron? :wacko:

Here...let me share my Krispy Kreme's with you, compliments of Motu :) I agree...that HAS to be an oxymoron! Hope this gets sorted out soon for you....hugsssssssss! (F)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
So during my AOS interview, when she double checked my birth date, it was wrong. All my documentation was correct, my original K1 and all that paperwork was correct, but somewhere in this process someone's finger slipped.

I was half expecting that the permanent resident card would arrive with it wrong. And it did.

At least the I-90 to have it corrected is not onerous. But it was really icky to have to do more paperwork when I thought we were done.

Oh well. Hopefully this will fix it.

So...not really a whine or a rant, just resignation. :P

Hang in there!!! You're ALMOST done!!!!!

David & Erin [br]5962a06.jpg.png

6/19/2002- Met Online

11/10/2002- Met in person for the first time at Buffalo International Airport we spend a blissful but all too short week together.

2/23/03- David proposes on the beach in Melbourne Florida at sunrise during his second visit.

9/26/03- After much talk with USCIS we decide to go ahead and get married during David's third visit, with David planning on returning to Ireland the following week.

9/30/03- Phone USCIS to ask questions on filling out paper work and USCIS officer informs us that if David is already here he doesn't need to leave. After numerous calls to the Irish Embassy and two more calls to USCIS to confirm, we decide he will stay.

12/02/03- Petition for AOS recieved

10/8/04- EAD FINALLY arrives

11/10/2004- Our Son Colin Michael Kieran born two years to the minute after our first face to face meeting!

1/26/06- Recieved interview appointment letter.

3/09/06- AOS approved! David is a permanent resident with stamp in passport.

4/4/06- Green card arrives. We are now free to travel back to Ireland so David can see his family for the first time in more than two years.

So during my AOS interview, when she double checked my birth date, it was wrong. All my documentation was correct, my original K1 and all that paperwork was correct, but somewhere in this process someone's finger slipped.

I was half expecting that the permanent resident card would arrive with it wrong. And it did.

At least the I-90 to have it corrected is not onerous. But it was really icky to have to do more paperwork when I thought we were done.

Oh well. Hopefully this will fix it.

So...not really a whine or a rant, just resignation. :P

Ugh that sucks when you have the finish line in sight :(

Keep'em up cerise :thumbs:

Entry in the USA: May 13 2005

10 yr GC approved: October 5 2007

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.