ramzis51

The US Embassy is closed Until Jan. 8 for the New Year Holiday

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Waiting, waiting........ Alane & Ramzis

9/5/2004 met

7/4/2006 visited for 1 week in Russia (Independence Day!)

12/26/06 three week visit in the U.S.

4/6/07 He came to US for 6 glorious weeks

5/20/07 He returned to Ufa, RU

5/24/07 Mailed I-129F to NSC!!!!!

5/25/07 Received and signed for by F Heinauer, NSC

6/11/07 NOA1 (NEVER received hard copy)

8/23/07 Ramzis comes to America for another visit

10/02/07 Ramzis returns to Russia

11/06/07 NOA2 at LAST!!!

12/17/07 Received at NVC (at last!)

12/18/07 Sent to Moscow Embassy & New NVC Case Number

12/21/07 Received at 11:08 a.m. Moscow Embassy

1/25/08 Received packet from Embassy

03/07/08 Interview 8:00 a.m. Moscow Embassy! VISA APPROVED!!!

03/13/08 Visa in Hand

03/14/08 Flying to U.S. - Detroit POE

03/15/08 Our Wedding Day!

AOS Timeline

3/21/08 - Packet sent to Chicago Lockbox

3/24/08 - Packet received and signed for

3/28/08 - NOA1 received in the mail - EAD & AOS - check cashed

4/15/08 - Biometrics

5/5/08 - AOS interview notice received in the mail (will be in Detroit, June 12, 2008)

6/2/08 - EAD card ordered (CRIS email)

6/5/08 - EAD RECEIVED IN THE MAIL

6/12/08 - Permanent Resident APPROVAL! Green Card on the Way!

6/23/08 - Green Card Received!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Waiting, waiting........ Alane & Ramzis

Leave it to an office of the US Government to take a whole week off while the rest of us work. It's ridiculous of them to be adopting this particular Russian custom, while the American citizens that pay their checks sit around waiting for them to get their act together so we can continue our lives in peace with our new spouses..

Amazing...

Z

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The more I see this kind of thing, the more I think I need to get a government job.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
The reason embassies do this is because they employ many citizens of the country they're in... I know that doesn't help, but it is typically why.. :blush:

You're right -- it doesn't help. And while it's somewhat understandable, I find it difficult to be nice about employees of the United States taking a week off that I surely have never had given to me. Especially irritating is if Ira's interview happens just a week or two earlier than the statistics project, I could save almost $2000.

Z

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
The reason embassies do this is because they employ many citizens of the country they're in... I know that doesn't help, but it is typically why.. :blush:

What I find irritates me is the Jamaican embassy, which I dealt with, got both Jamaican and US holidays. Like I said, I need that government job.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline

Just to curry everyone's favor for Mr. Popularity, closing down during the host country's holidays does actually make sense. From a PR perspective, they are showing respect to the host country by not conducting business as usual. And as someone else pointed out, embassies typically hire people from the host country. Trying to operate with a partial staff would be difficult. Also, many employees would probably be taking that time off anyway, leading to a further reduction in the embassy's ability to conduct business during the holidays.

Oh, and I work as a contractor for the government. Believe me...you don't want to be a government employee. Not unless you want your soul gradually sucked out of your body for the next 20 years and have absolutely no discretion in how you do your job. :)

Timeline

Very normal in Russia. The Embassy is only falling in in line with most other business. The 1st through the 7th have been long standing business / government breaks. And don't forget... The officials and workers live in Russia. It only makes perfect sense to be off on the same holidays. :yes:

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Timeline

What I find irritates me is the Jamaican embassy, which I dealt with, got both Jamaican and US holidays. Like I said, I need that government job.

Yeah.... sometimes I could kick myself too for not getting a government job. Anyway, for us it just means an additional 2 weeks of waiting for our interview date while Russia is shut down for the holidays. We have been waiting so long another 2 weeks isn't really going to bother us. We seem to be on the "delayed" plan anyway. ;)

RUS.GIFNatalia & BuckUS1.GIF

May 02, 2007 - Petition Mailed to Nebraska Service Center (and then transferred to California Service Center)

May 29, 2007 - NOA1: K1

Sep 19, 2007 - NOA2: K1

Nov 02, 2007 - NVC Received Petition from CSC

Dec 13, 2007 - NVC Processing Completed; Petition forwarded to Moscow Consulate

Mar 03, 2008 - Moscow Interview Date: VISA APPROVED

Mar 06, 2008 - VISA's received in Omsk

Mar 24, 2008 - USA Arrival; HALLELUJAH !!!!

May 31, 2008 - MARRIED

Jun 17, 2008 - AOS, EAD, AP Filed - Natalia & Artem (17 yr-old son)

Jun 23, 2008 - NOA1: AOS, EAD, AP - Natalia & Artem

July 15, 2008 - Biometrics: AOS, EAD - Natalia & Artem

DISCLAIMER: ALL VIEWS EXPRESSED BY US ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE NOR DO THEY ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.

You never know, after you've been married for a while you may say to yourself "I sure wish I had a week all to myself!"

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
You never know, after you've been married for a while you may say to yourself "I sure wish I had a week all to myself!"

LOL! Or if it's anything like my last marriage it might be "I sure wish I had months and months without sex." Oh wait...I didn't actually ask for that. Dammit. :devil:

LOL....... or if it's anything like my last marriage it might be "I sure wish I had that cyanide capsule to bite down on." ;)

Wait..... that sounded a little mean. It was not a constant wish....... just occasional. :blush:

May 02, 2007 - Petition Mailed to Nebraska Service Center (and then transferred to California Service Center)

May 31, 2008 - MARRIED

DISCLAIMER: ALL VIEWS EXPRESSED BY US ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE NOR DO THEY ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.

And you guys are getting married.... again?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
And you guys are getting married.... again?

The first one was a very long term "trainer" marriage. I am now fully trained and combat ready. Sure..... the russian is much better looking, has better skills, more potent weapons, and more divisions at her disposal......... but I have more training and my trusty Swiss Army knife. Bring it on Commie-Girl......... let's get married !!!! :dance:

May 31, 2008 - MARRIED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.