Peter T

New processing times - is the USCIS lying?

1,075 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Don't feel so bad. My NOA is even on Feb. 14, 2007 and I didn't get anything yet. I really don't know what to do or expect. It is useless to call custom service center.

--------------------------------------------------------

I am sorry to hear that , but I am in the same boat and i feel the same way too,

Thanks, Seaflower and Limeyiowa! Just sharing this makes me feel a little better!:) Have any of you tried to call for a service request or maybe you think it is too early yet?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't feel so bad. My NOA is even on Feb. 14, 2007 and I didn't get anything yet. I really don't know what to do or expect. It is useless to call custom service center.

I am sorry to hear that , but I am in the same boat and i feel the same way too,

Thanks, Seaflower and Limeyiowa! Just sharing this makes me feel a little better!:) Have any of you tried to call for a service request or maybe you think it is too early yet?

I have not received mail regarding transfer but I received email weeks ago.I called Customer service just to find out why I did'nt receive mail regarding transfer.They said It might be lost in mail.I asked to send anotherone she saidthey cannot send another one and told me to wait and they will request if they need something from me.

SLC12, have you been transfered to CSC?

Well the real question is, with NSC I-751 being transferred to CSC, how are they processing them, because obviously it is not with NOA, I am wondering if they go by the transfer date to CSC or, by the us last name initial, or by the country of the immigrant, or by something else, I am really wondering,

May be one day one of the IO will have a look at this website and see how they are messing up eveyrthing for us by taking too long to process things we paid for!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

I have not received mail regarding transfer but I received email weeks ago.I called Customer service just to find out why I did'nt receive mail regarding transfer.They said It might be lost in mail.I asked to send anotherone she saidthey cannot send another one and told me to wait and they will request if they need something from me.

I got an email on Apr.2 about my case is transfered to "another" service center. On Apr. 14, I got a mail about my case was transfered to CSC on Mar. 27. I think maybe you should not worry too much about if you got the mail. Everyone here who got transfered or approved always got notice from the email first. So I guess the email notice is very accurate and they might just simply forgot to print the mail or mail it to you. You know, it is NSC and nothing surprises me.

Every day when I read about others got approved, it is very hard to keep myself calm and not get crazy about this waiting.

Well the real question is, with NSC I-751 being transferred to CSC, how are they processing them, because obviously it is not with NOA, I am wondering if they go by the transfer date to CSC or, by the us last name initial, or by the country of the immigrant, or by something else, I am really wondering,

May be one day one of the IO will have a look at this website and see how they are messing up eveyrthing for us by taking too long to process things we paid for!!!!!!!!!

You are right! I don't think is by NOA anymore and its a complete mystery in what order the actual processing is done!

I don't think any of the IOs gives a **** that we have put our lives on hold because of their incompetence!!!

Timeline

I feel the same way. Also we have to think like this: there are thousands of NSC victims in the US and probably only 2% list their time line in this website. So we cannot use it as a perfect sample to track the processing of cases. The bottom line is that: good or not, we have to live with it without driving ourselves mad.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I called again today. Got a nice girl on the line, and after a bit of persuasion she transferred me to an IO. He was a bit reluctant at first so I told him how worried I am about my case being lost and if he could tell me if it has been transferred to CSC. He told me the case has been transferred to CSC and my N-400 interview is scheduled for June 17! I was chocked! I don't trust anything they say really, so I continued to ask him if he could see what time and which office (we have 2 here in San Diego) and he gave me the time and place for the interview. O boy I sure hope this is correct. I don't believe it until I get the letter in the mail, but right now I am happy :)

Ken & Jenny

I-751

13th Jan 2007 - Mailed I-751 to NSC

18th Jan 2007 - NOA

14th Feb 2007 - Biometrics

29th Jan 2008 - 6 months extension stamp in passport

Waiting.....

N-400

14th Jan 2008 - Mailed N-400 to CSC. I-751 still pending at NSC

15th Jan 2008 - Received at CSC

17th Jan 2008 - Check cashed

16th Jan 2008 - Priority date

22nd Jan 2008 - Notice date

26th Jan 2008 - Biometrics letter received

7th Feb 2008 - Biometrics appointment

28th April 2008 - Interviev Notice received

17th June 2008 - Interview in San Diego - Passed

10th July 2008 - Oath letter received

23rd July 2008 - Oath ceremony Golden Hall San Diego

25th July 2008 - Applied for passport

4th August 2008 - Passport received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
Did he say anything else about your I-751

No, just that it's at CSC. I never got a transfer email or letter about that.

Ken & Jenny

I-751

13th Jan 2007 - Mailed I-751 to NSC

18th Jan 2007 - NOA

14th Feb 2007 - Biometrics

29th Jan 2008 - 6 months extension stamp in passport

Waiting.....

N-400

14th Jan 2008 - Mailed N-400 to CSC. I-751 still pending at NSC

15th Jan 2008 - Received at CSC

17th Jan 2008 - Check cashed

16th Jan 2008 - Priority date

22nd Jan 2008 - Notice date

26th Jan 2008 - Biometrics letter received

7th Feb 2008 - Biometrics appointment

28th April 2008 - Interviev Notice received

17th June 2008 - Interview in San Diego - Passed

10th July 2008 - Oath letter received

23rd July 2008 - Oath ceremony Golden Hall San Diego

25th July 2008 - Applied for passport

4th August 2008 - Passport received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I got an email on Apr.2 about my case is transfered to "another" service center. On Apr. 14, I got a mail about my case was transfered to CSC on Mar. 27. I think maybe you should not worry too much about if you got the mail. Everyone here who got transfered or approved always got notice from the email first. So I guess the email notice is very accurate and they might just simply forgot to print the mail or mail it to you. You know, it is NSC and nothing surprises me.

Every day when I read about others got approved, it is very hard to keep myself calm and not get crazy about this waiting.

SLC12 I got the same email and letter in the mail on the same dates as you, with the March 27th date as transferred as well. There is no rhyme or reason as to how they are processing our cases, as 'we process cases in the order they are received' has absolutely no meaning for me. Look at my timeline then look at others who've filed many months after and are already approved. Doesn't matter if it was NSC or CSC, we're still lagging behind many people.

I-751 timeline:

Dec. 27, 2006 mailed I-751 packet

Jan. 4, 2007 date on NOA

Jan. 30, 2007 Biometrics

Feb. 1, 2007 last time our file was touched....

April 1, 2008, file touched and transferred to CSC

April 2, 2008, file touched again....

April 14, 2008 NOA about transfer

May 12, 2008 email stating 10 yr card ordered

May 19, 2008 10 yr card received

N-400 timeline:

May 7, 2008 mailed in N-400 packet

May 9, 2008 USCIS receives and signs for (by F. Heinauer) N-400 packet

May 19, 2008 NOA of receipt of N-400 and NOA for biometrics

May 30, 2008 biometrics

Aug. 5, 2008 Naturalization interview

Sept. 23, 2008 Oath ceremony, new US Citizen!! (have dual citizenship)

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Jennybirgitta,

I would assume that your I-751 has been packaged with your N-400 and will be adjudicated at your local DO with the N-400. I wouldn't expect to hear anything from CSC.

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Timeline

SLC12 I got the same email and letter in the mail on the same dates as you, with the March 27th date as transferred as well. There is no rhyme or reason as to how they are processing our cases, as 'we process cases in the order they are received' has absolutely no meaning for me. Look at my timeline then look at others who've filed many months after and are already approved. Doesn't matter if it was NSC or CSC, we're still lagging behind many people.

In the timeline, even people with NOA in 2007 March already mostly got approved. We are few left behind. I hope there is no special reason for this lagging behind. I think I will wait until May. 1 to call them AGAIN. It is such a horrible feeling to check my email twenty time a day. :(

Received e-mail this morning that approval notice (read "Card?") was mailed. I bet it would arrive in Monday's mail, and that it will have the typo - because by then it would be too late to make my early morning appointment to have the name corrected!

Looking on the plus side, if there is no typo, I will be very happy. If there is, then I'll wait until we get out of school for the Summer to go up to the District Office.

Removal of Conditions - Nebraska Service Center

2/23/07 I-751 Notice date

3/23/07 NOA received (typo in name)

3/29/07 Biometric appointment received. Requested rescheduling

4/05/07 Second biometrics appointment received

4/18/07 Biometrics

4/19/07 Case status updated

2/23/08 Petition Congressman - no additional info.

3/03/08 Infopass in Chicago (12-mo extension)

3/19/08 Petition Senator's office

4/01/08 Case transferred - to an unspecified "USCIS office" (e-mail)

4/12/08 Letter - transferred to CSC on 3/27/2008. (typo in name)

4/22/08 Current Status: Card production ordered

4/25/08 Current Status: Approval notice sent; letter from Senator's office - expect 30-60 day wait for USCIS response!

4/26/08 Card arrives (with typo in name)

4/28/08 Card sent back via registered post (mistake to use Reg Post!)

5/05/08 Package delivered at Laguna Niguel, CA

10/02/08 Corrected 10-yr card issued

I-485

03/10/05 AOS interview in Chicago. Conditional PR (2-yr).

03/17/05 CPR card arrives in the mail

AOS thru Chicago DO (from non-immigrant visa category)

7/08/04 Mailed I-130, I-485 & I-765

7/20/04 Fingerprints/biometrics completed.

8/17/04 EAD approved

runcatqe4.jpg

Disclaimer: We are NOT lawyers by profession and all our posts should be viewed with that in mind.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.