*julez*

The 2008 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

2,529 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks. I just got off the phone with him again and he said that it's just pending those updated co-sponsor docs.

He said the man said he will get his visa if he can get the documents there in time -- when/if he can get the documents he is to call the courier number and they will pick up and deliver them to the embassy for him. Then a visa will be delivered back to him. Hoping.

Met - online April 2006

Met - in Person August 2006

Got engaged - July 2007

I129 Filed - February 14, 2008

NOA1 received - February 21, 2008

NOA2 received - March 31, 2008

Rec. at NVA - April 7, 2008

Packet 3 rec. - May 9, 2008

Medical in London - Aug 5, 2008

Interview - Dec. 9, 2008-APPROVED Pending more info.

APPROVED - Dec. 22, 2008

Arrival in USA - Jan. 22, 2009

Marriage - April 11, 2009

Filed for AOS - June 29, 2009

Received Biometrics appt - July 12, 2009

(Biometrics in Boston - August 5, 2009)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

For anyone who's interested, Pete asked at the information desk in the embassy about being able to wait around and get your visa the same day. The answer is a definite YES. You just tell them that you will be coming back for it and they'll have it ready in 3-5 hours. This is official word from the embassy.

Met - online April 2006

Met - in Person August 2006

Got engaged - July 2007

I129 Filed - February 14, 2008

NOA1 received - February 21, 2008

NOA2 received - March 31, 2008

Rec. at NVA - April 7, 2008

Packet 3 rec. - May 9, 2008

Medical in London - Aug 5, 2008

Interview - Dec. 9, 2008-APPROVED Pending more info.

APPROVED - Dec. 22, 2008

Arrival in USA - Jan. 22, 2009

Marriage - April 11, 2009

Filed for AOS - June 29, 2009

Received Biometrics appt - July 12, 2009

(Biometrics in Boston - August 5, 2009)

That's really useful to know - hmmm I wonder if desilu saw that message in time?

Mine was definitely ready that afternoon because that's when the courier firm first texted me to say they had it ready for delivery.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
My CR1 visa was approved this morning. :dance: Relatively pain free. Out of embassy by 9am

Thanks for thinking of me guys :D They didnt mention I could have the visa today, just the usual 3-5 days courier delivery. But that's ok as my POE will be in January so no hurry. Im just glad it's approved yay! :D

Brilliant, congratulations!! :dance::dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Congratulations!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Thanks. I just got off the phone with him again and he said that it's just pending those updated co-sponsor docs.

He said the man said he will get his visa if he can get the documents there in time -- when/if he can get the documents he is to call the courier number and they will pick up and deliver them to the embassy for him. Then a visa will be delivered back to him. Hoping.

Did he ask specific to K-1 visa? or just if a visa could be picked up same day? because it could matter the type of visa. just a thought.

flag45.gif Damian & Kelly 1502.gif

Rugby, England >> Harrisburg, PA.

Summer 2005 -- Met on Pokerstars.com

June 15th, 2006 -- Met in Person

Feb 1st, 2008 -- Filed I-129F

May 2nd, 2008 -- Visa Interview = Approved. (91days)

May 27th, 2008 -- Damian moves to America!

July 23rd - 30th, 2008 -- Damian's Mum Comes to the US for our wedding.

July 25th, 2008 -- Wedding Day!

March 16th, 2009 -- AOS Sent

May 8th, 2009 -- EAD & AP Approved (51days)

July 14th, 2009 -- AOS Approved!! (118days)

July 21st, 2009 -- Green Card Received (125days)

No RFEs the whole process :) All done myself.

December 4th - 30th, 2009 -- Visited England

April 8th - 30th, 2010 -- Damian's Brother visits us here in PA.

January 19th, 2010 -- Damian got his PA license.

December 10th - 19th, 2010 -- Visited England

September 16th - 30th, 2011 -- Damian's Parents came to visit us here in PA.

June 1st, 2011 -- Mailed ROC to Vermont.

February 21st, 2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

April 14th, 2012 -- N-400 Sent to Dallas Lockbox

November 26th, 2012 – Damian Became a US Citizen!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I was told to ask these questions here so here goes lol...

With the paperwork that originally went in for the I129 application, will that be sent to Keith for him to take to the interview or sent back to me or should I say our lawyer? I need to know cause if it goes to the lawyer I need to pick it up to get it to keith for the interview right? This is all doing my head in. Also with the packet 3 , does that go to him from London or from the states as I called on Monday and they told me it was sent out but he hasnt recieved it yet. Does it go regular mail or how does it arrive? If it is sent from London he should have had it by now shouldnt he? sorry for all the questions but just want to make sure we do everything correctly as we are doing the rest of this process on our own as our lawyer is way to slow getting paperwork out. Thanks

Chelle

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

Mar.07 1st visit to america

May 07 2nd visit to america

Aug. 07 3rd visit to america ( stayed a few months this time)

Jun 08 my 1st visit to england ( still here )

Dec 1 08 returned back to america :(

vent Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London

I-129F Sent : 2008-07-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-07-31

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-11-20

NVC Received : 2008-11-24

NVC Left : 2008-11-25

Consulate Received : 2008-11-28

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between November 13, 2008 and November 21, 2008*.

8899.gif

9057.gif

Timeline

With the paperwork that originally went in for the I129 application, will that be sent to Keith for him to take to the interview or sent back to me or should I say our lawyer? You should have made a copy of the whole petition before filing, he can take that with him. The embassy won't send a set to him. He will also need to take the originals of any documents (evidence of meeting/divorce decrees etc), make sure to make copies of these as the embassy may keep them.

Also with the packet 3 , does that go to him from London or from the states as I called on Monday and they told me it was sent out but he hasnt recieved it yet. Does it go regular mail or how does it arrive? It comes from the Embassy by regular mail I believe.

If it is sent from London he should have had it by now shouldnt he? It's only been four days, bare in mind it is nearly Christmas so the Royal Mail will be busy.

If you have more specific questions you might be better creating a new thread within the UK forum as this thread is to track interview dates and approvals.

More importantly, calm down! He will be fine.

Edited by Laura+Tom

My CR1 visa was approved this morning. :dance: Relatively pain free. Out of embassy by 9am

Thanks for thinking of me guys :D They didnt mention I could have the visa today, just the usual 3-5 days courier delivery. But that's ok as my POE will be in January so no hurry. Im just glad it's approved yay! :D

Congratulations!

Timeline

January 2008 Graduates of the US Embassy in London:
Malia & Tom (Tom_g), jmrb, Dazzler, walkies_a, julez & Griff, English Muffin, Stephen & Amber, Chris & Amy, Shorty & Nilz, NikkisPrecious, Randy & Maggie(Mustang-sally), ddkm, Gwen666, Teachmehistory, Jeff & Bev (Wellywench), Shadow42 (Andrew & Robin), Chelsea & Ed (edchels), DD2004, Barrel_roll

February 2008 Graduates of the US Embassy in London:

C and J (Cheryl & Josh), Tinkerbelle, weedebz, nacampbell (Neil & Annie), kdancer, GlenandLisa, Lil-Lost-Girl, lostpup, jodinjames, Janaus, Courtney, Gareth's Girl, ericdraven

March 2008 Graduates of the US Embassy in London:
Bforbarree, StillthePrettiest, toshtishtash, londonuk, pkscotus, lisalu100, Darren&Laura, tomsandi, DonnaB, ladyynara, babblesgirl, zoobuffalo and KJC.

April 2008 Graduates of the US Embassy in London:
Geordielover, ajeanne, jeraly, minnietheminx, Poiteen, thejoz/thesquozenone, Chorely80, brooksmc, smallz, greeneyedgirlfl, lilysintrigue, AtlantiCat, sam and nic, NickyMcMillan

May 2008 Graduates of the US Embassy in London:
Damian & Kelly, Coatsy, Saffyre, Robyn-n-Kris, Chris JennTX, Sal and Jay, ric

June 2008 Graduates of the US Embassy in London:
Glyn & Kathy, bbpatel, Roselinda, Darren & Cristina, Jennifer & Jack, Stephen & Stacie, P & P, Carly & Andrew, K & L

July 2008 Graduates of the US Embassy in London:
celtic59, Charles & Sonya, Robbie & Sarah, Barry & Debbie, valerie & andy, Verity & Neil, D & N, SMB x2, Bex & Alan, Rebecca & Dominick, Eggnut, me!, L & P, Thomas F, Gerry & Karen, Mark and Hannah, Pattilou47, Nick & Nich

August 2008 Graduates of the US Embassy in London:
The Red Baron

September 2008 Graduates of the US Embassy in London:
Nicoxcx, Welshcookie, Boobah, Thebigyard, Amy and John, SusieK, Roca, Guinness1969, sassasdave

October 2008 Graduates of the US Embassy in London:
Barry and Jackie, BMJ, saraswaiti007,sunnybear, Damian P, Bexxie, cca, gingerblue, KYLady, Wifetobe, Scarlett, fickmoley

November 2008 Graduates of the US Embassy in London
andiste08, Stuart n Courtney, FeeandJosh

December 2008 Interviews

Isma.............................CR1..................................12/05/2008 APPROVED!!!!
newenglander................K1..................................12/09/2008 - Approved pending additional documentation
desilu............................CR1.................................12/11/2008 APPROVED!!!!
rocks..............................K1...................................12/15/2008
Hopeful5........................K1...................................12/19/2008

2009 Interviews

Jason&Sarah...................K1...................................01/13/2009
Mrssmith & daughter.......CR1.................................01/14/2009

Still waiting for approval:

Sad Eyes..........................................02/25/2008 – Still stuck in AP?
stevi1123.........................................10/16/2008 - Approved pending additional documentation

With the paperwork that originally went in for the I129 application, will that be sent to Keith for him to take to the interview or sent back to me or should I say our lawyer? I need to know cause if it goes to the lawyer I need to pick it up to get it to keith for the interview right? This is all doing my head in. Also with the packet 3 , does that go to him from London or from the states as I called on Monday and they told me it was sent out but he hasnt recieved it yet. Does it go regular mail or how does it arrive? If it is sent from London he should have had it by now shouldnt he? sorry for all the questions but just want to make sure we do everything correctly as we are doing the rest of this process on our own as our lawyer is way to slow getting paperwork out. Thanks

Chelle

I posted this to you in another thread your started. I don't know if you saw it.

This is what the UK citizen does

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/...processing.html

A little about the interview

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/kinterview.html

The documents of the "checklist" http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/docs169.html

Not all will apply to every person. Like if you weren't in the military then you don't need that. If never arrested, you don't need a court record. And so on..... pick out what applies to your situation.

He doesn't need a copy of the whole I-129F petition to take to the interview. It's not a requirement at all. His Packet 3 is in a brown envelope that they stick through the letterbox.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

One more interview to add to the December list--Spurs' interview is scheduled for December 17. I'm really excited, especially since I'll be there to go with him!!!

Fingers crossed... and congratulations to everyone who's gone through this so far!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.