*julez*

The 2008 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

2,529 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just to let you know the visa won't be issued the same day. It will be delivered by courier to his home/work address and can take up to a week to arrive.

Maybe so but he's been told that he can pay and then come back at the end of the day and pick it up. No matter really --as long as he gets it! :)

Met - online April 2006

Met - in Person August 2006

Got engaged - July 2007

I129 Filed - February 14, 2008

NOA1 received - February 21, 2008

NOA2 received - March 31, 2008

Rec. at NVA - April 7, 2008

Packet 3 rec. - May 9, 2008

Medical in London - Aug 5, 2008

Interview - Dec. 9, 2008-APPROVED Pending more info.

APPROVED - Dec. 22, 2008

Arrival in USA - Jan. 22, 2009

Marriage - April 11, 2009

Filed for AOS - June 29, 2009

Received Biometrics appt - July 12, 2009

(Biometrics in Boston - August 5, 2009)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's the first time I've ever heard of someone being told they could pick it up same day -- who told him this? I'm just asking because I wouldn't want him to be disappointed! :)

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Good luck for tomorrow.

My visa was available for delivery the following day from the interview so you probably won't have long to wait even if they don't release it that day

Edited by lsma

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yeah I suppose it would be nice to know if it was the embassy that said that. Especially for those that don't live very close to London. I've never heard of anyone getting theirs the same day in London, every review that I have read they had to pay for delivery and wait between one day and about 7 depending on circumstances.

Timeline

I don't know who told him he could get his visa the same day, I wish I could tell you. I'll be able to tell you more when I get to talk to him.

It couldn't have been the embassy because you can't even speak to them. It could have been his lawyer's assistant (not the one we used) because they do some immigration.

He called to say good bye while he was waiting for the bus and now he's on his way.

Met - online April 2006

Got engaged - July 2007

APPROVED - Dec. 22, 2008

I still think his chances are slim to none of picking it up that day, but much more importantly, good luck! Not that he'll need it, of course, but still sending my best! :star:

And of course, if he does manage to get it that day, let us all know. :D

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Just to echo what the other posters have said, newenglander (and only because I don't want you to be disappointed in any way) but I've never heard of anyone going through London being able to pick up their visa on the same day.

However, there's a first time for everything, right? ;)

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Can anyone who has gotten there visa from London give me a idea of the questions that are asked at the interview. Keith is freaking out cause his memory is so bad LOL.. I want to beable to help him with them but I really dont know what they ask.. Thanks

Chelle

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

Mar.07 1st visit to america

May 07 2nd visit to america

Aug. 07 3rd visit to america ( stayed a few months this time)

Jun 08 my 1st visit to england ( still here )

Dec 1 08 returned back to america :(

vent Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London

I-129F Sent : 2008-07-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-07-31

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-11-20

NVC Received : 2008-11-24

NVC Left : 2008-11-25

Consulate Received : 2008-11-28

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between November 13, 2008 and November 21, 2008*.

8899.gif

9057.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Can anyone who has gotten there visa from London give me a idea of the questions that are asked at the interview. Keith is freaking out cause his memory is so bad LOL.. I want to beable to help him with them but I really dont know what they ask.. Thanks

Chelle

Tell keith to RELAX! The interview at the US Embassy in London is cake. My husband was asked the following questions at his K1 interview:

When/where did you meet?

Why will you live in the US rather than the UK.

That was it.

It will be easy peasy for sure!

Timeline

Julez beat me to it lol.

Jeraly has a section on her site which lists a load of questions she has compiled from various people http://www.jeraly.com/index.php?option=com...9&Itemid=90

Edited by Laura+Tom

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Ok great I will tell him to relax. He is just so afraid he will mess this all up. We will both be glad when this is finished as we are chewing nails off big time lol.. I need to stop it and grow them out for the wedding , oh well , if not thank god for fake ones haha. I will go over some of those questions with him tonight and everynight until the interview and hopefully they will sink in ;) ... thanks guys your always such a big help.. Hopefully soon I will have the interview date so that we can be added to the list yeeeehaaaa

Personal...

Dec 06 met online

Mar.07 1st visit to america

May 07 2nd visit to america

Aug. 07 3rd visit to america ( stayed a few months this time)

Jun 08 my 1st visit to england ( still here )

Dec 1 08 returned back to america :(

vent Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London

I-129F Sent : 2008-07-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-07-31

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-11-20

NVC Received : 2008-11-24

NVC Left : 2008-11-25

Consulate Received : 2008-11-28

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between November 13, 2008 and November 21, 2008*.

8899.gif

9057.gif

Timeline

Bad news here. Pete got a big fat NO.

Reason is that we have a co-sponsor and having waited all this time, the paperwork is out of date. If I can get her to find her tax forms for me and I can Fed Ex them to Pete by Dec. 20th all should be well--otherwise we have to start over from SCRATCH!

Of course they found other things that were "wrong" that are not wrong.

Pete said the first part where they look at all your forms went fine. Then he had to wait for his number and when his number was called and he was walking toward window # 14 the guy who had gone before him, who was leaving said to him, " You're in for a doggin'" "He's in a right rotten mood." This guy had been told NO also!!

So Pete goes up to this #14 man who turns out to be "one mean little ****" and was treated with hostility and cruelty and was pounded with questions. Pete said there must have been at least 20 questions -- all the ones we had rehearsed but only expected to get asked 2 or 3.

How many times have you been to the US? When? Where did you go each time? For how long? Who are your fiances relatives? Have you met them? What are their names? and on and on and on and on, all asked in a hostile intimidating manner.

Then the man threw the papers down and ticked off several "mistakes" like invalid passport (it is valid until 2016--but maybe it looked like 2006?)

Maybe they're in a bad mood due to the holidays, Pete thought so. He had some choice words to describe this "mean little man." Pete is the type who doesn't have a nerve in his body but this experience has shaken him up.

Met - online April 2006

Got engaged - July 2007

APPROVED - Dec. 22, 2008

Timeline

Oh wow, so is he outright denied, or approved pending the documentation?

Sorry I just re-read. Hope the documents is all they need.

Edited by Laura+Tom

God, how miserable! Sorry to read about his experience. And you got your NOA2 in 6 weeks and then all this waiting? I wish I could give you both a hug! So have they said that if he can get the updated tax docs to them by the 20th, he will be approved? Will be crossing fingers for you and thinking of you come the 20th...

Tish

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.