*julez*

The 2008 United Kingdom Interview Thread!

2,529 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Visa delayed: HORRIBLE TREATMENT AT THE LONDON EMBASSY?

Posting this in Subbies/K1/UK forums under different headings:

He will have to get a new police report and a new birth certificate. (He just got the current ones 7 weeks ago, mind you.)

He arrived for his 8am appt at 7am. Everything was going smoothly with the submission of documents, then he was asked to have a seat, which is the usual protocol. This was 830am by then.

He sat and watched others proceed to their interview, get visa's and leave throughout the morning AND AFTERNOON....

He was called for his 8am interview at 230pm!

He was #2 to out of 16, and the second to check-in.

There were two African (Nigerian) men out of the 16. He watched and waited as ALL of the other people were interviewed. He was called LAST.

When he was called, a very "unhappy looking" American woman conducted the interview, in which she asked him intense, personal, deep questions, such as "What is the name of your fiance's sister's children's school?" :o She also asked the names of his fiance's 4 closest friends.....To each answer, she would stop and look at him for a very long time, then proceed to the next question. He had the answers to all questions about us and our lives, but he did not know the name of my sister's children's schools :(

He was well prepared, and all of his documents were excellent. Then, the officer told him that he would need to re-do both the Nigerian Police certificate and the Nigerian birth certificate. Why? we have no idea. Both were authentic and obtained the proper ways.

He is to get them and then arrange for the courier to pick them and have them delivered back to the London Embassy.

The words that my fiance used to describe the treatment he felt from the interview were "Disrespect - Degrading - Demoralizing"

I've never heard his voice sound so exhausted. He was questioned down to his very "core" as he put it. And spoken to as if he were less than human.

We will be okay - There will always be people like this in the world. We will just continue to do the right thing, and pray that our reward is just a couple of weeks delayed.

Thanks for all of the positive words that have been sent our way. I will update later.

Stevi

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Spent month in Africa 06/2007

Spent month in UK 02/2008

I-129F Sent : 03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 03-07

I-129 NOA1 Hard Copy: 03-15

Touched: 03-11

Touched: 03-13

Touched: 03-14

Touched: 07-22.

I-129F NOA2 :07-22

Touched: 07-23

I-129 NOA2 Hard Copy:07-28

NVC Received : 07-28

NVC Left : 07-30

Consulate Received : 08-06

Packet 3 Received : 08-15

Packet 3 Sent : 09-04 and 10-2

Packet 4 Received : 10-6

Interview Date : 10-16

Comment: Issued blue slip at interview to get Police Certs AGAIN :-(

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

We're quite a pair together - suck all the oxygen out of the room, I tell ya! :P

Keith answered every question by launching into a story - he's a talker....

You tell quite a mean story yourself, saraswati! :lol:

Timeline
APPPPPRRRROOOOOOVVVEEEDDDDD!!!!!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

He called and it was really loud in the background and he sounded down....I was like how are you.....then he said "Ok you?" ughhh "Yes bear I am fine,how are YOU?" PAUSE....."Well I guess you better bloody order my new monitor!" (he has a brand new tower he got built that has been here since January so he wants a computer monitor to be waiting for him so he can set it up the first day he is here while I am at work LOL). He said he wants to set it all up set it to do updates then not get on the thing for a long time! haha we are so sick of computers!

I asked him what they asked him and he said just "When was the last time you saw one another?" and "Have you visited one another any other times besides the time being turned away?" then she said "well hopefully this visit to the second room will go much smoother than last time!"

He said he spoke with her for about 1 minute it felt like and then he was off paying for stuff.

He did say he had to pay a fiver to get his phone looked after as they let these in last time and this time they didn't....

I will get more info from him when he is home and rested he said he did not sleep well last night at all in this basement tiny tiny tiny hotel room haha!

APPPPRRROOOOVVVEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

life is good sometimes

Congratulations to you both!

Timeline

Stevi - this sounds terrible. I'm so sorry he was treated that way. Was he eventually approved pending receipt of those new certificates? Your post wasn't clear on that. If that's the case, then hopefully you'll be ok... and you're right, there will always be people like this in the world. Just think of the hate that's come out of recent McCain rallies towards Obama. It's disturbing, but we must soldier through.

Visa delayed: HORRIBLE TREATMENT AT THE LONDON EMBASSY?

Posting this in Subbies/K1/UK forums under different headings:

He will have to get a new police report and a new birth certificate. (He just got the current ones 7 weeks ago, mind you.)

He arrived for his 8am appt at 7am. Everything was going smoothly with the submission of documents, then he was asked to have a seat, which is the usual protocol. This was 830am by then.

He sat and watched others proceed to their interview, get visa's and leave throughout the morning AND AFTERNOON....

He was called for his 8am interview at 230pm!

He was #2 to out of 16, and the second to check-in.

There were two African (Nigerian) men out of the 16. He watched and waited as ALL of the other people were interviewed. He was called LAST.

When he was called, a very "unhappy looking" American woman conducted the interview, in which she asked him intense, personal, deep questions, such as "What is the name of your fiance's sister's children's school?" :o She also asked the names of his fiance's 4 closest friends.....To each answer, she would stop and look at him for a very long time, then proceed to the next question. He had the answers to all questions about us and our lives, but he did not know the name of my sister's children's schools :(

He was well prepared, and all of his documents were excellent. Then, the officer told him that he would need to re-do both the Nigerian Police certificate and the Nigerian birth certificate. Why? we have no idea. Both were authentic and obtained the proper ways.

He is to get them and then arrange for the courier to pick them and have them delivered back to the London Embassy.

The words that my fiance used to describe the treatment he felt from the interview were "Disrespect - Degrading - Demoralizing"

I've never heard his voice sound so exhausted. He was questioned down to his very "core" as he put it. And spoken to as if he were less than human.

We will be okay - There will always be people like this in the world. We will just continue to do the right thing, and pray that our reward is just a couple of weeks delayed.

Thanks for all of the positive words that have been sent our way. I will update later.

Stevi

Timeline

Thank you. Our conversation was mostly during his train-ride home. He said they told him to get the documents couriered back to them. I don't really know the extent of it. I guess that is considered AP.....I'm okay. I am more concerned about my fiance, who is such a positive person, sounding so defeated on the telephone. He is also just exhausted from waiting all day. I will soothe him when I get another chance to talk to him tonight. Thanks again.

The treatment does sound very harsh. But you have been approved pending the required documents. :thumbs: Whilst its not been the best experience for you both. When you are together in the states, it wont matter.

Wishing the very best for you both.

Feb 2005 - Met online through brit band doves

Dec 15th 2005 - Met for first time at U2 concert in NE, USA

Apr 30 2008 K1 Interview Approved

Dec 11 2008 AOS approved

Dec 18 2008 Permanent Resident card received

Oct 22 2010 ROC NOA 1 Received

Jan 31 2011 ROC Approved

Doves Music Blog / Doves Official

APPPPPRRRROOOOOOVVVEEEDDDDD!!!!!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

He called and it was really loud in the background and he sounded down....I was like how are you.....then he said "Ok you?" ughhh "Yes bear I am fine,how are YOU?" PAUSE....."Well I guess you better bloody order my new monitor!" (he has a brand new tower he got built that has been here since January so he wants a computer monitor to be waiting for him so he can set it up the first day he is here while I am at work LOL). He said he wants to set it all up set it to do updates then not get on the thing for a long time! haha we are so sick of computers!

I asked him what they asked him and he said just "When was the last time you saw one another?" and "Have you visited one another any other times besides the time being turned away?" then she said "well hopefully this visit to the second room will go much smoother than last time!"

He said he spoke with her for about 1 minute it felt like and then he was off paying for stuff.

He did say he had to pay a fiver to get his phone looked after as they let these in last time and this time they didn't....

I will get more info from him when he is home and rested he said he did not sleep well last night at all in this basement tiny tiny tiny hotel room haha!

APPPPRRROOOOVVVEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

life is good sometimes

YAY CONGRATULATIONS :dance::dance:

I WISH YOU BOTH A HAPPY AND HEALTHY LIFE TOGETHER

SHAZ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Oh Stevi I am so sorry to have read this! Ok and for some reason I was thinking you were the one going to London today but you are the Yank like me aye? haha...

Anyway he must have seen Gareth then as his appt was 8:30 am I believe....oh your poor man to have been treated like that! HUGS to you both!

It does sound as if you approved pending documents though! So just have him get those there right away and hopefully they will approve SOON!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Timeline

Thank you everyone. It does turn out to be better than I thought. He got the box checked on the blue slip that says "suspended, pending receipt of documents". Then the ONLY box checked (ticked) is "UK and Nigerian Police report with FINGERPRINTS TAKEN BY MET OR SCOTLAND YARD" Although this is how he had done it the first time, he is just going to do it yet again, if that is what they require.

Everything else was accepted, and the I-134 was just fine (that was what we had been prepared to get blue-slipped on). This seems to be the best of the other 2 boxes that could have been checked. Of the 3, the first one is "Suspended, pending documents", the second one is "Administrative Processing" and the third one is "Denied".

We are both exhausted after this disappointing day, but we are not defeated. I am going to sign-off of the computer for the rest of today and go take a hot bubble bath. Thanks for all of the love.

Stevi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
Thanks everyone!!! Now to get him here! We are hoping last week of October!!!

Congratulations!!! :thumbs:

AOS

NOA: 6/26/09

RFE: 7/9/09

RFE removed: 7/31/09

Biometrics: 7/29/09

AOS Transferred: 8/21/09

AP Rec.: 8/21/09

EAD Rec.: 8/22/09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
Thank you everyone. It does turn out to be better than I thought. He got the box checked on the blue slip that says "suspended, pending receipt of documents". Then the ONLY box checked (ticked) is "UK and Nigerian Police report with FINGERPRINTS TAKEN BY MET OR SCOTLAND YARD" Although this is how he had done it the first time, he is just going to do it yet again, if that is what they require.

Everything else was accepted, and the I-134 was just fine (that was what we had been prepared to get blue-slipped on). This seems to be the best of the other 2 boxes that could have been checked. Of the 3, the first one is "Suspended, pending documents", the second one is "Administrative Processing" and the third one is "Denied".

We are both exhausted after this disappointing day, but we are not defeated. I am going to sign-off of the computer for the rest of today and go take a hot bubble bath. Thanks for all of the love.

Stevi

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that your fiance was treated so poorly. I really doesn't sound right. At least it's not denied. Perhaps once the documents are sent in all will be right as rain.

Good luck.

AOS

NOA: 6/26/09

RFE: 7/9/09

RFE removed: 7/31/09

Biometrics: 7/29/09

AOS Transferred: 8/21/09

AP Rec.: 8/21/09

EAD Rec.: 8/22/09

Steviiii-

Sigh Both Kris and I sorry to hear about this horrific treatment but on the bright side luv.

Once he gets back the documents that are requested he will get the Visa back very quickly - we had the same thing that they needed an additional doc, and so the courier picked up (they are located at embassy) and the case was done in two days with kris having his visa in three.

Dont despair, there are people out here that do care very deeply about what we go through - just have him get what they want and he will be home soon - we know!

If you need any info on the courier just pm me and I will give you the information on what we did and that the the Visa was done in three days in his hands!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by SusieK

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Timeline

You are the kindest bunch of people in the WORLD.

Thank you ALL.

And I sincerely send my congrats to those who are approved. It truly makes me feel GOOD to be able to enjoy the happiness of others going through this. It may sound "corny" but it's the truth. I am sooooo happy for everyone who is getting visa approvals.

And SusieK, I will indeed send you a PM asking about the courier process. This is where we are confused a little. They checked the boxes for Police Certificate and Passport, to be sent back by courier.....I hope this will be all they need.

Peace, Love and Happiness

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am so sorry to hear the news! I though or should I assumed your SO would get better treatment because he was in the UK. I guess it was the complete opposite. It is frustrating when the embassy employees take advantage of our delicate disposition. They have less than an ounce of compassion for our or his situations. Sorry for the delay, but it is in God’s hands as usual. But the immediate news is disappointing.

It is just a pause for reflection and move forward and wait for the rewards of your patience.

Stay blessed Stevie! You have to keep your spirits up since you are what keep ours up.

You are the kindest bunch of people in the WORLD.

Thank you ALL.

And I sincerely send my congrats to those who are approved. It truly makes me feel GOOD to be able to enjoy the happiness of others going through this. It may sound "corny" but it's the truth. I am sooooo happy for everyone who is getting visa approvals.

And SusieK, I will indeed send you a PM asking about the courier process. This is where we are confused a little. They checked the boxes for Police Certificate and Passport, to be sent back by courier.....I hope this will be all they need.

Peace, Love and Happiness

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.