fiance visa

Police Clearance Certificate

18 posts in this topic

Hi my fiance needs a PCC from NZ...He got one already from the Dept. of Justice , however the People at the US consulate out there say that he needs one from them!! Does anyone have more informationon that? He's not residing in NZ anymore , so its really hard do go around getting another one :unsure: ...pls help :blush:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

A police cert is needed from every placed lived for more than a year since age 16. "PLACE" = Country.

Police Records

New Zealand Police Headquarters will not accept requests for police certificates/records directly from individuals.

• For Nonimmigrant Visa Applicants: Available through the Department of the Courts. The applicant should request the “Wanganui Computer Record” in writing, giving his or her full name, date and place of birth, sex, and nationality. The request must be signed and should be addressed to:

Privacy Officer

Department of the Courts

P.O. Box 2750

Wellington, New Zealand

Faxed requests are unacceptable. It takes approximately five working days from receipt of request for the Department of the Courts to issue a report.

• For Immigrant Visa Applicants: Police clearance requests are processed by the Immigrant Visa Section of the U.S. Consulate General in Auckland. The Consulate General supplies New Zealand resident applicants with authorization forms. Overseas applicants should contact the U.S. consular office processing their cases to obtain a form authorizing release of police information. The authorization form should be completed, signed and returned to the processing consular post, who will then forward the request to the U.S. consul in Auckland for forwarding to the New Zealand police. The completed clearance will be returned to the requesting consular post, not to the applicant.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3637.html

:time:http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=29938

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi my fiance needs a PCC from NZ...He got one already from the Dept. of Justice , however the People at the US consulate out there say that he needs one from them!! Does anyone have more informationon that? He's not residing in NZ anymore , so its really hard do go around getting another one :unsure: ...pls help :blush:

My fiance is originally from New Zealand and is a citizen. He sent off for his police certificate not long ago and has now received it.

If I am not mistaken, I think he contacted the Ministry of justice. I'll double check with him and post back here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

My fiance is originally from New Zealand and is a citizen. He sent off for his police certificate not long ago and has now received it.

If I am not mistaken, I think he contacted the Ministry of justice. I'll double check with him and post back here.

I'd be really interested in knowing the answer too. Daniel, my fiance lives in New Zealand, he has his whole life and needs to know who to contact for the police record. I found the above post a little confusing, and we want a jump on getting the certificate so we don't have to wait that long. His packet 3 has not come yet :-( :angry:

Any help is appreciated!

Christine

K-1 Fiance Visa

July 21, 2007 I29F sent to Vermont Service Center

July 24, 2007 packet received and signed for

August 2007 received NOA1 with receipt date of July 31, 2007

Dec 10, 2007 received email notification that NOA2 approval notice has been sent and petition approved!!!!!!!!!

Dec 14, 2007 received hard copy NOA2 approval in the mail

Dec 14, 2007 called NVC said our case had been received and already sent to the New Zealand consulate in Aukland!!!! Whoohoo!!!

Dec 24, 2007 Fiance received packet #3 from Auckland Consulate WOOOOHOOOOOO!!! Merry Christmas to us!!!

Dec 29, 2007 Fiance completed packet 3 and sent to Consulate.

January 2, 2008? (checking the date) Consualte received packet 3 back

January 3, 2008 Medical

January 7, 2008 Inoculations

January 8, 2008 Received letter with interview date from Consulate!!

Jan 31, 2008 Interview scheduled

Jan 21, 2008 Visa approved!!!!!!!!!!

I-751 (remove conditions to receive perm green card)

04/14/10 Application to remove conditions sent

04/30/10 NOA1 received

05/17/10 Early Bio walk in (went smoothly no problems)

05/27/10 Biometrics scheduled - did not need to attend b/c he went early

07/07/10 Application Approved Card Production ordered email!!!!WOOHOO

07/14/10 Official approval letter -snail mail

07/19/10 Green card received Happy dance!!!! No more USCIS till 2020!

Timeline

I'd be really interested in knowing the answer too. Daniel, my fiance lives in New Zealand, he has his whole life and needs to know who to contact for the police record. I found the above post a little confusing, and we want a jump on getting the certificate so we don't have to wait that long. His packet 3 has not come yet :-( :angry:

Any help is appreciated!

Christine

I'm trying to figure out what's confusing about it......

Timeline
I believe the PCC has to be via the consulate general...My fiance' got it thru Ministry of Justice and was told that it wont be valid!! :wacko:

Department of State

For Nonimmigrant Visa Applicants: Available through the Department of the Courts. The applicant should request the “Wanganui Computer Record” in writing, giving his or her full name, date and place of birth, sex, and nationality. The request must be signed and should be addressed to:

Privacy Officer

Department of the Courts

P.O. Box 2750

Wellington, New Zealand

Faxed requests are unacceptable. It takes approximately five working days from receipt of request for the Department of the Courts to issue a report.

Ministry of justice

Police Clearance Certificate’

The Ministry of Justice is frequently asked to provide a ‘Police Certificate’ or a ‘Police Clearance’ for persons who wish to apply for residence in a foreign country. In New Zealand, there is no such document. However, you can apply for a copy of your conviction records (which you can then show to another party if you wish).

The Privacy Unit

Ministry of Justice

National Office

PO Box 2750

Wellington

The address for the Ministry of justice is the same as the address given on the department of state web site.

How is the PCC not valid if obtained through ministry of justice? Just wondering...

Im wondering too....I spoke to the people at the consulate who told me that the PCC had to be through them ( even though we have one already from the Ministry of Justice!! )...the US Immigration site says the same....it doesnt mention the Ministry of Justice.... :unsure:

Timeline
Im wondering too....I spoke to the people at the consulate who told me that the PCC had to be through them ( even though we have one already from the Ministry of Justice!! )...the US Immigration site says the same....it doesnt mention the Ministry of Justice.... :unsure:

At this point I am completely confused. Like I said in my last post....The address on the department of states website is the same address on the ministry of justice website(new zealand). So the pcc request would be going to the same place.

So how would do we contact the consulate? Are you talking about the consulate in new zealand?

omg I'm so confused.

Timeline
Im sorry if I'm confusing you....yes! I spoke to the Visa officer at the US consulate in Auckland!! Try calling them and asking them +6493032724

Hope this Helps!! :)

I pulled this from the United states consulate in New Zealand...

http://newzealand.usembassy.gov/criminal.html

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hello,

I have direct knowledge of this. My wife was on the last step of the interview when the New Zealand police record issue came up.

YOU NEED TO GET A FORM FROM THE US EMBASSY WHERE THE INTERVIEW IS TAKING PLACE. THIS FORM ALLOWS THE US EMBASSY IN NZ TO OBTAIN THE POLICE CERTIFICATE AND FORWARD IT BACK TO THE US INTERVIEW EMBASSY. THIS TAKES 6 TO 8 WEEKS PLUS. TIME STARTS WHEN INTERVIEW EMBASSY PROCESSES YOUR FORM. GET THAT FORM ASAP.

This paperwork trail (IN OUR CASE):

Sign paperwork return to US Embassy in Taiwan (forwards to)-->US embassy in NZ (forwards)-->NZ police office (forwards)-->US embassy in NZ(forwards)-->US embassy in Taiwan-->visa approved

We turned in the police certificate we obtained directly from NZ, they would not accept it. For whatever reason, New Zealand is a special case and has to go through the US embassy in NZ.

Edited by picnictable

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

This is the key point:

Overseas applicants should contact the U.S. consular office processing their cases to obtain a form authorizing release of police information. The authorization form should be completed, signed and returned to the processing consular post, who will then forward the request to the U.S. consul in Auckland for forwarding to the New Zealand police. The completed clearance will be returned to the requesting consular post, not to the applicant.

Timeline
This is the key point:

Overseas applicants should contact the U.S. consular office processing their cases to obtain a form authorizing release of police information. The authorization form should be completed, signed and returned to the processing consular post, who will then forward the request to the U.S. consul in Auckland for forwarding to the New Zealand police. The completed clearance will be returned to the requesting consular post, not to the applicant.

I have attempted to contact the u.s. consulate in Vancouver canada where my fiance will have his interview. I have sent a total of 3 emails regarding the release form. I have not had one email replyed to. Just today I faxed my question regsrding obtaining a release form. No response. I have even tried calling. They do not accept questions regarding k1 visias. We are at a total loss. I am mentally drained.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.