abrazer07

Some question about K1 from India ...Pls Help !!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi ,

I am from India and about to apply for K1 with my fiance in USA.Now as I am a newbie I have some basic queries.Hope some wd help me here .........

a) Whats the approx time it takes for K1 from India ??

b After applying for K1( means after she applies first from usa and then its comes to me ) , by when wd I be able to get in USA ( means after how many months after we start the process ) ?? my fiance is already impatient and its hard really .

c) After getting in USA , by when can you start working ??

I would wait for the valuable replies from many experienced people here .......... Thanks so much

Edited by abrazer07

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hi,

I think you should see the timelines of various K1 people here... and see what do they say. I think K1 takes nearly 5 to 7 months...... Many K1 ppl just have got their visas... just check out the profiles of various ppl and you will get answers soon.

Jigi

Feb 1,2007 - I-130 Reached USCIS.

Feb 4,2007 - I-130 accepted > Get USCIS case Number NOA1.

May 8 ,2007- GET NVC Case Number > NOA2.

June 16 ,2007- Get Order from NVC to pay 70$.

July 2 ,2007- Get DS-3032 in India.

July 7,2007 - DS-3032 choice of address agent entered in NVC.

July 14 ,2007- Get I-864.

July 18 ,2007- I-864 Enters NVC.

July 29 ,2007- Get Order to Pay 380$ fee.

Aug 3 ,2007- 380$ Fee Reached St Louis.

Aug 25,2007 - NVC & St Louis People receive photocopy of my payment with USPS receipt.

After WAITING for 37 days.

Sept 10,2007 - 380$ fee encashed.

Sept 24,2007 - Receive DS-230 in Mail.

Sept 25,2007 - DS-230 despatched.

Sept 26,2007- DS-230 Delivered.

Oct 1,2007 - NVC has DS-230.

Oct 12, 2007 - DS-230 Reviewed. Case Complete

Oct 16, 2007 - Case at Embassy.

Oct 25, 2007- Interview Letter Despatched from Embassy.

Nov 3, 2007 - Recieved Interview Letter.

Dec 1, 2007 - Medical Exam .

I GOT IT

Jan 16 - I am in USA

April 15 2008 - Get my Drivers License.

I-751 Lifting Conditions at California Service Center

November 12, 2009 - I-751 Sent via USPS Express Mail

November 13, 2009 - Receipt of I-1751 Fee

November 20, 2009 - Arrested on Domestic Battery(Had argument with wife)

December 18, 2009 - Biometrics Completed at 9 am.

January 13, 2010 - Receive I-797E Notice for more evidence

February 16, 2010 - Mail reaches Californa Service Center( Next day of Preseidents Day)

February 19, 2010 - Card Production Ordered. Status now IR1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hi ,

I am from India and about to apply for K1 with my fiance in USA.Now as I am a newbie I have some basic queries.Hope some wd help me here .........

b After applying for K1( means after she applies first from usa and then its comes to me ) , by when wd I be able to get in USA ( means after how many months after we start the process ) ?? my fiance is already impatient and its hard really .

I would wait for the valuable replies from many experienced people here .......... Thanks so much

Hi, Im new also Im not sure about anything really other than, we applied in aug our case was sent to california office and got our case number in october now we are waiting to be approved but from what i can tell it takes about seven to eight months for the complete process to get a finance visa and i hope someone corrects me if im wrong but u can not file for permission to work until after ur married and that process can take three months if im wrong someone plz tell me because im just going by what i found on the net.......the time it takes to get permission for the visa seems to be forever but its worth it and i dont think i would get the medical and things until after u get the paper work from the embassy in india there might be a time line or something on them not sure but thats what we are doing waiting for all of that until the embassy send the letter to my finance for his interview and again if im wrong plz tell me anyone that has good information...... :unsure:

Filed: Timeline

Depends..takes about 8-12 months...

Anytime after you have the K-1 visa in your passport...

You need to apply for EAD aka Work permit and it may take 3-5 months...

Mom sponsoring for her son(my brother)

06/15/2010 : I-130 for son
06/23/2010 : Check Cashed
06/26/2010 : Received NOA
03/20/2012 : Received RFE(I-797E)
05/23/2012: Application approved after RFE response
06/29/2012: Received letter from NVC

06/03/2015: Change petition from F1 to F3 category

Checklist :
1. I-751(ROC)
2. Parents AOS
3. I-130(Son)
4. N-400(Spouse)

5. N-400(Parents)

6. K-1 & AOS & ROC TimeLine

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi there,

It takes about 8-12 months for K1, the work permit about 3 months after you get to the US and apply - review this website in detail and the Asia forum, the Processing time links and also the guides....you will find all the information you need. And you can always get clarifications for any questions you may have from the forum here.

Good luck with your journey and yes, you both will require to be patient as you go through the process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.