jeshamesh

Few AP questions (RFE for AOS, how many trips? )

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everyone!

so I got an RFE about some tax stuff related to the AOS : ( kind of a bummer, but now I'm starting to worry about if the AP and EAD are also going to be held up. Are they totally seperate processes? is approximately 90 day still reasonable to assume for both to process? There was some cryptic message on the RFE which said something about being ineligible for the EAD until 90 days after evidence is received so I'm wondering if it also effects the AP. Hope not.

Also, I'm wondering how many trips an AP is good for? I probably have 3-4 before we would realistically expect that the AOS would be processed.

thanks for any advice/opinions!

I129f timeline-VSC

2-12-07-Package sent

2-15-07-NOA1

2-16-07-check cashed

4-18-07-RFE : (

4-28-07-RFE answered

5-25-07-NOA2 (awesome!)

5-29-07-NVC receives packet

6-6-07- sent from NVC to Sydney

6-10-07- Sydney receives package

6-25-07-Packet 3 received

7-4-07-Aus police check done in New South Wales

7-23-07-Medical appointment in Sydney

7-31-2007-Packet 3 sent

8-15-2007-Asked embassy via email for an interview prior to APEC conference closure, they agreed

8-20-2007-Packet 4 received

08-23-2007-Interview had and visa issued. Embassy people were really nice

09-14-2007-Entered U.S.A

09-15-2007-bought handgun, ate hotdog, drank budweiser, went to baseball game while listening to ipod

11-10-2007-Got married : )

AOS Timeline

11-25-2007-MSC receives AOS, AP, EAD package

11-30-2007-NOA1 for AOS, AP, EAD

12-13-2007-RFE asking for W-2s and tax info despite my statement saying I haven't filed in years

12-18-2007-RFE answered via express mail, they received it 12-27

1-9-2008-Email received saying that case is being transfered to California (good news I think!)

1-12-2008-biometrics appointment in Alexandria, VA

1-21-2008-Advanced Parole approved

1-29-2008-EAD approved

2-14-2008-Another RFE, asking about TB skin test and saying another medical exam is required : (

2-28-2008-New medical exam completed ($190) and RFE sent back to them via express mail.

4-7-2008-Card production ordered

4-10-2008-Welcome and Approval notices sent

4-12-2008- Welcome notice and green card arrive! : ) 1 year, 2 months from K1 filing to green card

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

It can stop processing on all applications even though they are seperate, they all are tied to the I-485. Some people who have had RFE still get their EAD/AP in the 90 days, some however had had them held up for a bit.

I 130 & I129F (K3) and AOS info in timeline

Hi everyone!

so I got an RFE about some tax stuff related to the AOS : ( kind of a bummer, but now I'm starting to worry about if the AP and EAD are also going to be held up. Are they totally seperate processes? is approximately 90 day still reasonable to assume for both to process? There was some cryptic message on the RFE which said something about being ineligible for the EAD until 90 days after evidence is received so I'm wondering if it also effects the AP. Hope not.

Also, I'm wondering how many trips an AP is good for? I probably have 3-4 before we would realistically expect that the AOS would be processed.

thanks for any advice/opinions!

According to the law (like the letter says), they have 90 days to make a decision on your EAD once you file it. However, if you have an RFE, they can't establish that you're truly eligible for the EAD until you return what they request.

Formally, this resets the clock to another 90 days before they're legally required to make a decision on your EAD. And all that means is a point where you might receive an answer when you complain. It's like how the service centers say 'six months' for a waiting time even when on average it might be much lower.

In practice, most people get approved pretty close to the original 90 days even with an RFE if they return it promptly.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.