Ban Hammer

Banning samurai swords

140 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

By way of a contrast - I think the illegalisation of marijuana is rather dumb. Others don't. However, I'm willing to bet that most people, however they feel about marijuana are strongly against the legalisation of Class A drugs...

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
By way of a contrast - I think the illegalisation of marijuana is rather dumb. Others don't. However, I'm willing to bet that most people, however they feel about marijuana are strongly against the legalisation of Class A drugs...

I'm not. I say legalize them all.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

And handguns. And assault weapons, please. :whistle:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

soon we'll be throwing spears again. :idea: let's ban trees!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

Well, think about it....someone can wreck his/her life with booze or coke, no diff to me really.

If the gov't controls what's grown/made...less dodgy sh!t out there, so essentially it's possibly safer in regards to content. Less overdoses because purity should be somewhat consistent.

Then they can tax it.

Oh, and here's the great bit...whaddya think happens to drug dealers if it's legalized? See many prohibition runners lately? :lol:

I mean, it's ok for Big tobacco to put ammonia in tobacco, but weed and the like are 'not safe'?

Yes, it's a theory. No, it'll never happen.

Timeline

Lisa - preaching to the choir!

I really wasn't jesting - I say legalize it all!

"You can crush us

You can bruise us

Yes, even shoot us

But ooh - the Guns of Brixton!"

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline
I think we should allow 5 year old children to play with Samurai swords. It will teach them self defense and self control.

It's really up to you man what you allow your children to play with.

I really wasn't jesting - I say legalize it all!

Public nudity? What about walking around in the buff?

I have no problem with it.

Timeline
Abortion?

Already legal.

Its controversial to this day. As is embryonic stem-cell research and human cloning.

Let's do it!

Let's create an army of cyborg clones and take over the world!

Seriously, what's the worst that could happen? :devil:

(Well, ok, they might mutate into intelligent, insect-like beings and annihilate our entire race,

but hey - it's well worth it! :P)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I dunno about anyone else - but I can't imagine why I would want to own a samurai sword. I'm not a samurai, moreover I'm not of Japanese or more specifically - of Samurai descent. Average Joe owning one seems a little crass IMO. I can't see why anyone would want one - but then again I don't collect that kind of stuff, and the BudK catalogs we get give me the impression that these things are the domain of Trailer-dwelling Southerners with prehistoric mullets.

Besides - why is everyone getting so crazed about this? The UK effectively banned guns after Dunblane, and the public carrying of knives after a headmaster was stabbed by one of his own students. Its hardly a prededent, even if it is silly.

I like how the Home Office bod says "In the wrong hands, samurai swords are dangerous weapons", In anyone's hands a samurai sword is a dangerous weapon. That's why the Samurai used them... and how they were better at killing than peasant farmers with clubs and pitchforks...

Yes - its a silly law - on top of other silly laws. That said they get away with it because it affects very few people; and oddly enough the few people I came into contact with in the UK who were "knife people" and collected swords and knives etc stuff were the sort of bad tempered friday night pub-fight guys who should probably stay away from pointy objects anyway.

I would think that most who collect swords/knives do it solely for decorative purposes and arent about to go charging after ppl with them in order to do some harm. And those that would use their collection in that manner would just use something else instead.. banning the ownership of decorative samurai swords likely wont stop too many injuries/deaths. Besides most decorative swords (be they samurai or other) arent that sharp (we have a bit of a collection ourselves... and no, we dont get into fights on friday nights and we dont have mullets... )