Luckyswife2b

AFTER APPROVAL FIANCE CASE EXPEDITED TO CONSOLUTE!!

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hey VJ!!!

I just wanted to say that I just got off the phone with the NVC and they explained to me that with Fiance Visas, after the USCIS approves the petition, the file is EXPEDITED almost immediately from the Service Center to NVC straight to the FOREIGN CONSOLUTE!!! :thumbs:

I was under the impression before speaking to the lady that we would be hearing from the NVC to fill out forms to prove our financial state BEFORE the case would be forwarded to the CONSOLUTE... but that is not the case which is good!!!! :thumbs:

So I just found out that my particular case was RECEIVED BY NVC the 14th and FORWARDED to the ACCRA CONSOLUTE TODAY, 12/17!!!

She told me now my only wait will be on the Accra Consolute who will be sending my FIANCE a package in the mail which he must then FORWARD TO ME to fill out my income, etc.!!!!!

I am excited because it seems there is much less fuss then I thought there would be in this process!!!

I hope all goes smoothly from here on out as well!!!! :)

And I also hope you all experience the same degree of smooth sailing in your process!!! :thumbs:

~ Stephanie

March 1 2007: Began taking an interest in each other online

June 25-July 10 2007: Met Lucky in Person for 1st Time and Stayed Together in Ghana with my father and son!

I-129F Sent : 7/25/07

I-129F NOA1 : 8/1/07

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 12/7/07!!!! Yay!!!! :D

NVC Received : 12/14/07

NVC Left : 12/17/07

Consulate Received : 12/17/07

Packet 3 Received : 2/21/08

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2/21/08

Interview Date : 6/16/08

Visa Received :6/27/08

US Entry : 6/29/08

Marriage :6/29/08 by my pastor father before God

Public expensive marriage: 7/26/08 :)

Pregnant: 7/30/08

Found out It's a GIRL: 11/17/08

Baby Shakaya's Due Date: 4/22/09

e9969b19285f01d1a725be2d554c7787.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

The NVC lady has it wrong.

In Ghana they are going to mail your fiance a letter telling him to come and pick up packet 3 from the embassy. The only forms included are going to be the DS 230, DS 156 and other miscellaneous stuff avbout medical, police certificate etc. The I-134 (Affidavit of Support) that has to be filled by you is not sent with all the forms. You can download it online and send it to your fiance.

If you follow the links in my signature you'll see what the Ghana embassy sends out.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Congratulations!

Not everyone is the same unfortunately. My case went to NVC on December 4th and I'm still waiting for it to go to Accra. I'm hoping for the best. God must have a plan for me and my fiance.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Timeline
Congratulations!

Not everyone is the same unfortunately. My case went to NVC on December 4th and I'm still waiting for it to go to Accra. I'm hoping for the best. God must have a plan for me and my fiance.

Oh no..... :( I'm so sorry about that!!! That is not fair at all!!! I wonder why they did that?? You applied before I did too!!! I am mad at them now.... :blush:

But yes, thank you for the Congrats anyway, that is very gracious of you... I do hope you will get it sent asap!!!!! <3

Also, thanks for the advice on the downloading forms. I certainly do need some guidance in this process (isn't it obvious??) :P

So I download it and send it to my fiance??? Is there anything else I need to send to him????

~Steph

June 25-July 10 2007: Met Lucky in Person for 1st Time and Stayed Together in Ghana with my father and son!

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 Sent :

Timeline

Here is what you need to send to him.

(1) Notarized I-134 dated as close to the interview as possible.

(2) Any proof of relationship documentation that you have. You want to include documentation since you sent the petition leading up to your interview so chat logs, IM logs, text messaging records, phone records, boarding passes, pictures stuff like that.

(3) Letter of intent that you still plan on getting married yada yada

Thats what I can remember off the top of my head but the guides give you a better idea: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

Click for full timeline

Timeline

(2) Any proof of relationship documentation that you have. You want to include documentation since you sent the petition leading up to your interview so chat logs, IM logs, text messaging records, phone records, boarding passes, pictures stuff like that.

Thats what I can remember off the top of my head but the guides give you a better idea: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

Bassi says when I send that stuff, don't forget to send his kisses. :blush: I always send him hershey's kisses in every package.

AOS

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Timeline

Bassi says when I send that stuff, don't forget to send his kisses. :blush: I always send him hershey's kisses in every package.

My man is addicted to Jolly Ranchers. He told me the other day to send him some :lol:

Click for full timeline

Timeline

My man is addicted to Jolly Ranchers. He told me the other day to send him some :lol:

I don't know about you, but I usually have to send diversionary candy as well. Since it's christmas time I send candy canes, cause he and his brothers argue (Bassi says they aren't arguing, they are just discussing it loudly.) over the hershey's kisses. I've actually gotten a call from his 30 year old brother to complain that Bassi won't give them any of his candy! :lol:

They love to make fun of him. At the football matches now, they call out Zainab and they say he gets super strength. I can't wait for the next one of them to get married, I'm definitely going to remind them of how they taunted him. ;)

AOS

Timeline

I don't know about you, but I usually have to send diversionary candy as well. Since it's christmas time I send candy canes, cause he and his brothers argue (Bassi says they aren't arguing, they are just discussing it loudly.) over the hershey's kisses. I've actually gotten a call from his 30 year old brother to complain that Bassi won't give them any of his candy! :lol:

They love to make fun of him. At the football matches now, they call out Zainab and they say he gets super strength. I can't wait for the next one of them to get married, I'm definitely going to remind them of how they taunted him. ;)

:lol: sounds like my fiance and his family. When I went home in the summer I had to make sure to separate everyone's candy. I didn't get to see one of his brothers so I called him and told him his stash was with Inusah and he called me to let me know he got it. I had chocolate, hard candy and all that mixed up in ziploc bags for everyone. Inusah went through and started picking out the jolly ranchers and asking what the other ones were as he was munching away :no: I finally just had to whack him over the head and tell him he had to share.

Click for full timeline

Timeline

How are you all sending your men packages????

The first AND LAST time I ever sent him a package was back last summer and it had insurance on it as it was over a certain amount of $ and it NEVER got to him... :blush: Soooooooo maddening!!! Because the USPS had confirmed that it was sent from NY to Ghana... it must have been stolen in ghana.... which makes me angry... I no longer send him packages.... I was planning to DHL him the documents needed ... Can you send candy and other things inside a DHL package too????

Please help me and give me advice on how to send him the packages!!!!! I would LOVE to send him something for xmas!!!!! :(

<3 Steph

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Packet 3 Sent :

Timeline
How are you all sending your men packages????

The first AND LAST time I ever sent him a package was back last summer and it had insurance on it as it was over a certain amount of $ and it NEVER got to him... :blush: Soooooooo maddening!!! Because the USPS had confirmed that it was sent from NY to Ghana... it must have been stolen in ghana.... which makes me angry... I no longer send him packages.... I was planning to DHL him the documents needed ... Can you send candy and other things inside a DHL package too????

Please help me and give me advice on how to send him the packages!!!!! I would LOVE to send him something for xmas!!!!! :(

<3 Steph

I have only ever used USPS and all my packages have always gotten to him.

What I did was I just packaged all the stuff I wanted to send to him in one of the bubble envelopes and just mailed it through USPS. They make you fill out a customs form and a green form saying what is in the package, how much it is worth etc because it is going overseas. For one of the bigger packages I sent him he had to open it at the post office (that is when the madness with the jolly ranchers started). Having dealt with Ghanaian post for my entire life, my suggestion is to make it look as uninteresting as possible, ie, not too bulky and not too big and not identifiable.

For example...for his birthday I sent him 2 shirts and 2 small bags of candy. I wrapped the candy in the shirts, made it as flat as possible and then put it in a bubble envelope. Why? Because when you feel it you can't tell what it is and so no one is going to be curious as to what is in it. If people can feel around and guess what you are sending, you are probably less likely to get your package to your fiance. Just MHO.

All my packages take anywhere from 3-6 weeks to get to him.

Of course you can DHL him stuff but that is going to be expensive. I am going to send him most of the stuff for the interview in the regular mail and then closer to the date of the interview I am going DHL the financial docs and other last minute stuff.

Click for full timeline

Timeline

Many people on VJ use DHL so I think they must have success. I actually use USPS. The most trouble I've had is that they held the box in customs down at Accra Municipal Center, but he went and picked it up without a problem. Otherwise, I send envelopes that will fit in the postal box. I've never had a problem with USPS so I still use them.

AOS

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
The NVC lady has it wrong.

In Ghana they are going to mail your fiance a letter telling him to come and pick up packet 3 from the embassy. The only forms included are going to be the DS 230, DS 156 and other miscellaneous stuff avbout medical, police certificate etc. The I-134 (Affidavit of Support) that has to be filled by you is not sent with all the forms. You can download it online and send it to your fiance.

If you follow the links in my signature you'll see what the Ghana embassy sends out.

Ditto. Although I did not go through the same embassy, what you've explained is how it was for me and my husband as well.

ALL things work TOGETHER for GOOD!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.