wifetobe

Cover letter of how and where we met!

18 posts in this topic

Laura

You have been the biggest help to me I am indebted to your kindness and time!!!

Okay I have no boarding pass but I do have my passport stamped so I can photocopy that! Otherwise I have a hotel receipt but one that concludes only in my name.. I bought biscuits and chocolates for my better other half and I have that as a receipt and I even have a receipt of the BK meal I had before boarding back to London...... I also have car rental receipt for my last trip. Is this sufficient??

You are most welcome :blush:

The stamp in your passport is great! :thumbs:

The car rental receipt is great too cause it shows you were in the US during that particular time.

Of course, back up photo's from that trip will also help support the evidence.

Now, the hotel receipt, it's from a hotel in London or in the U.S.? If it's in the US and it's in your name, that's fantastic!

I think you are fine. Gather up all the information you have, keep it neat and organized. I'm sure you will be fine.

Smiles to you hon

~Laura

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Laura

You have been the biggest help to me I am indebted to your kindness and time!!!

Okay I have no boarding pass but I do have my passport stamped so I can photocopy that! Otherwise I have a hotel receipt but one that concludes only in my name.. I bought biscuits and chocolates for my better other half and I have that as a receipt and I even have a receipt of the BK meal I had before boarding back to London...... I also have car rental receipt for my last trip. Is this sufficient??

As long as you have stuff bought in the same area on the same day then that should suffice. Lets say you were together in Niagara, if you have a receipt for dinner and he has one for lunch it shows you are in the same area at the same time. I think some pictures of the 2 of you together would help as well.

I like you are just starting ( or planning to start ) the K1 process and this site is superb for helping.

I have also found a calling number from the uk that only costs 1p a minute to US land and cell phones if that helps with your expenses. It does not show on your phone bill as you calling a specific number but if your other half has phone records that show the times you called are times he was not making calls then you will be fine.

Thank you for your messages!! It's very helpful and even more a consolation that you are just now starting up the K1 process... the best of luck with your journey!!!

x

Thank you for your messages!! It's very helpful and even more a consolation that you are just now starting up the K1 process... the best of luck with your journey!!!

x

You as well hon (F)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.