Faraoh

Question On AP limited Time Being Abroad

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi,

What's the limit of the time to be spent abroad (outside the USA) on the Advanced Parole? I've heard it's up to 6 months to be abroad. Is it true?

Also, I need to know if is it up to 6 months total until I get my green card or does it count as a new period up to 6 months everytime I leave the US and return back here?

Thanks in advance.

R.

--

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi,

What's the limit of the time to be spent abroad (outside the USA) on the Advanced Parole? I've heard it's up to 6 months to be abroad. Is it true?

Also, I need to know if is it up to 6 months total until I get my green card or does it count as a new period up to 6 months everytime I leave the US and return back here?

Thanks in advance.

R.

--

Hi,

The advance parole period should not exceed one year. In the advance parole you will find how long are you allowed to stay outside the united states and the date it will expire. I received mine last may 22, 2007 and it says here (my AP) that I should return to the US and resume the processing of my AS prior to May 21, 2008.

Don't worry, as soon as you receive your AP you will know exactly how long you are allowed to stay outside the US. I filed my AS on March 6 (if I am not mistaken) and received my green card on the first week of June 2007. I received my advance parole last week of May 2007 and I was not able to use it cause before my flight outside the US I have my greencard.

Timeline

That's true, my advanced parole period should not exceed one year which is what it says here in my documents. But it doesn't say how long I am allowed to stay outside the United States of America. How am I suppose to find out now?

--

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

R.

--

Hi,

The advance parole period should not exceed one year. In the advance parole you will find how long are you allowed to stay outside the united states and the date it will expire. I received mine last may 22, 2007 and it says here (my AP) that I should return to the US and resume the processing of my AS prior to May 21, 2008.

Don't worry, as soon as you receive your AP you will know exactly how long you are allowed to stay outside the US. I filed my AS on March 6 (if I am not mistaken) and received my green card on the first week of June 2007. I received my advance parole last week of May 2007 and I was not able to use it cause before my flight outside the US I have my greencard.

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline
What am I suppose to do if I lost my AP documents before I return to the US?

--

See response to duplicate question in other thread.

Go see the nearest US Consulate. He will verify that it is still valid and issue you a travel letter for $165 I think it is.

He cant issue a new AP as this can only be done by USCIS.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Timeline

Thank you for your quick reply. Another question, please. Am I suppose to have an exit stamp in my passport when departing the US? or only an entry stamp to the next country I am traveling to?

Thanks again.

--

--

Go see the nearest US Consulate. He will verify that it is still valid and issue you a travel letter for $165 I think it is.

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline
Thank you for your quick reply. Another question, please. Am I suppose to have an exit stamp in my passport when departing the US? or only an entry stamp to the next country I am traveling to?

Thanks again.

--

--

There are no exit stamps...Just turn in the I-94 at the airline counter and make sure that you get a new one when you re-enter the US.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

what valid reason can i put for AP? i need to apply bec i came here on a tourist visa and i dont have my personal legal documents which i might need for my AOS interview and i am thinking the AP will help me with my problem. i need to go back to my home country and get the original copies of these documents.

also when filing for AP it says i need to print a one page letter explaining why i need to travel. do i have to have that document notarized as well? or do i just sign and date it?

thanks appreciate your insight! happy holidays!

DON & SADIE

our story, basically (from Celine Dion's song:

Don't know much about your life.

Don't know much about your world, but

Don't want to be alone tonight,

On this planet they call earth.

You don't know about my past, and

I don't have a future figured out.

And maybe this is going too fast.

And maybe it's not meant to last,

But what do you say to taking chances,

What do you say to jumping off the edge?

Never knowing if there's solid ground below

Or hand to hold, or hell to pay,

What do you say,

What do you say?

Oh yeah it is love at first sight.

so far, our sweet and short timeline:

10/29 I-130, I-485, I-765 sent

11/06 I-130, I-485 and I-765 touched

11/07 checks cashed

11/09 NOA1 for I-485, I-765 and I-130

11/29 Biometrics

11/18 RFE1

12/18 Mailed response to RFE1

12/21 I-485 touched

01/23 I-765 touched

01/31 EAD card received

now applying for SSN...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.