Fahad S

My Complete Application Packet Returned To Me After 6 Weeks

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

All -

Yesterday TSC returned my complete application (included Walmart money order for $355), complete I-130 packet and complete I-129F packet. They received it on Oct. 29th, 2007 and I filed to TSC as per instructions because I am in Atlanta, Georgia.

The letter that was attached to my returned application states:

"Per the USCIS announcement issued on June 21, 2007, USCIS instructs applicants that on or after August 29th 2007 to direct file their forms that were transitioned during the 2006 Bi Specialization initiative. The form filing instructions are by geographic jurisdiction and form type.

The revised filing instructions include Bi Specialization forms:

Form I-129F"

It asks me to consult uscis website for additional filing instructions.

Okay, so now can anyone who has experience with this shed some light on my issue? What announcement are they referring to...does anyone have a ling for this announcement? My packet was put together flawlessly. I was expecting the NOA1 and instead I get this. My hands are literally shaking right now as I am mad and a little scared about the fact that I messed up somewhere.

Guys, please help me in turning this thing around so I can mail out the packet again on Monday, but this time fix the issue which had my petitions returned.

Thanks to all in advance!!

-Fahad

All -

Yesterday TSC returned my complete application (included Walmart money order for $355), complete I-130 packet and complete I-129F packet. They received it on Oct. 29th, 2007 and I filed to TSC as per instructions because I am in Atlanta, Georgia.

"Per the USCIS announcement issued on June 21, 2007, USCIS instructs applicants that on or after August 29th 2007 to direct file their forms that were transitioned during the 2006 Bi Specialization initiative. The form filing instructions are by geographic jurisdiction and form type.

The revised filing instructions include Bi Specialization forms:

Form I-129F"

It asks me to consult uscis website for additional filing instructions.

Okay, so now can anyone who has experience with this shed some light on my issue? What announcement are they referring to...does anyone have a ling for this announcement? My packet was put together flawlessly. I was expecting the NOA1 and instead I get this. My hands are literally shaking right now as I am mad and a little scared about the fact that I messed up somewhere.

Guys, please help me in turning this thing around so I can mail out the packet again on Monday, but this time fix the issue which had my petitions returned.

Thanks to all in advance!!

-Fahad

Part of the error was in sending to the TSC. Only Californa and Vermont now process these. Here is a link to the 129F instructions and you can go over them and see if there are any other errors.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-129Finstr.pdf

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

What Service Center was filed at? Nebraska transferred to California

Provide dates for the following:

I-130 sent (Mailed)..........................3-12-07

1st NOA (Receipt Notice) .................3-29-07

2nd NOA (Approval Notice) e-mail.....6-15-07

Bill for I-864 processing fee rcd and sent..7-24-07

I-864 Packet Received......................8-18-07

I-864 Mailed to NV............................8-20-07

Bill for DS-230 received....................8-29-07

Payment for DS-230 sent..................8-30-07

DS-230 Packet received..................10-25-07

DS-230 Packet sent to NVC..............10-29-07

Case Completed..............................11-16-07

Case Forwarded to Embassy.............11-30-07

Packet recieved from NVC................12-07-07

Medical complete...............................1-04-08

Leave for Manila................................1-19-08

Interview and approval......................1-22-08

Visa in Hand .....................................1-24-08

Arrived in USA...................................3-19-08

Timeline

Those instructions conflict with the June 2, 2007 announcement that states that I-129F should be filed to the same service center as the I-130. Therefore, I sent it to TSC.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Why would they return my I-130 packet? I can see them returning just he I-129F packet, but why would you not just forward my I-130 to Chicago facility?

I think, now I would have to send my I-130 packet to the Chicago facility and then once I receive my NOA1 then I'll send the I-129F to the CSC or do you guys think that I can still mail both packets together as before to the Chicago Lockbox facility?

-Fahad

Those instructions conflict with the June 2, 2007 announcement that states that I-129F should be filed to the same service center as the I-130. Therefore, I sent it to TSC.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

Why would they return my I-130 packet? I can see them returning just he I-129F packet, but why would you not just forward my I-130 to Chicago facility?

I think, now I would have to send my I-130 packet to the Chicago facility and then once I receive my NOA1 then I'll send the I-129F to the CSC or do you guys think that I can still mail both packets together as before to the Chicago Lockbox facility?

-Fahad

??? Florida here and our lawyer sent everything and I mean both packages together to TSC which then in turn will forward on to CSC and that was August 28, 2007 -

?????

HMMM????

Susie

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Timeline

Susie,

I know! That's what I was told to do. Not sure what happened here. I want to make sure I pinpoint the exact issue and only file after I understand what my mistake was. I mean I went through the guides, instructions, forums several times to ensure that I am not missing something. After everything, this still happened. I am just really mad about the fact that they returned both my applications.

I just checked my complete packet against the instructions from the two packets and I didn't miss anything. I thought that perhaps I sent the wrong fee, but it was and still is $355 for I-130. According to the June announcement the I-130 and I-129F should be filed to the same location and I did that and what did they do...they slapped that same announcement on to my packet and returned it. So weird!!

Guys, I really need to figure out what happened so please any theories or advice from prior experiences will be greatly appreciated.

-Fahad

Timeline

I am leaning towards filing the I-130 as a stand alone to Chicago and then once I receive the NOA1 then I will send in the 1-29F to CSC. I am afraid that if I send both petitions together to CSC, they will reject it and send it back to me. I am utterly confused!!

What's the process of speaking to an immigration officer? Everytime I call USCIS, I get a customer service rep. Is there something special I need to do? Do I just request to be transferred to an immigration officer?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I am leaning towards filing the I-130 as a stand alone to Chicago and then once I receive the NOA1 then I will send in the 1-29F to CSC. I am afraid that if I send both petitions together to CSC, they will reject it and send it back to me. I am utterly confused!!

What's the process of speaking to an immigration officer? Everytime I call USCIS, I get a customer service rep. Is there something special I need to do? Do I just request to be transferred to an immigration officer?

This is the announcement that they USCIS is refering to: http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/Up...iling062107.pdf

This is the instruction on where to file your I-129F : http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

This is the filing instruction for I-130 (see page 3- Where to file):http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-130instr.pdf

Edited by spidergirl

Timeline

This is the announcement that they USCIS is refering to: http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/Up...iling062107.pdf

This is the instruction on where to file your I-129F : http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

This is the filing instruction for I-130 (see page 3- Where to file):http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-130instr.pdf

This is the filing instruction for I-130 (see page 3- Where to file): http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-130instr.pdf

Edited by spidergirl

Timeline

Thanks Spidergirl, but I had already found those. The question I am really posing is that, why were the petitions returned to me? They should have been forwarded to Chicago Lockbox or CSC.

Timeline

Thanks Spidergirl, but I had already found those. The question I am really posing is that, why were the petitions returned to me? They should have been forwarded to Chicago Lockbox or CSC.

I guess they want you to send it to the right Service Center by yourself so that you can track it, because there are cases of packets that were lost before and they don't want to be resposible for that, and since it was sent wrongly, they can't accept it and they can't put it in their records and give you a case number in this case they have no way to track it. So its easier for them to send it back to you.

It may have been returned because Texas has not been used for K visas since March. It should go to the CSC.

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

well maybe they only forwarded them for short time after fee increase and stop doing it because instructions say mail to csc or vermont depending or where you live. if we had more info where your from we would tell you which one to mail it to. you can file both together but has to go to one of the 2 main offices good luck

so that means csc or vermont

Edited by vbtbmrt

Timeline
well maybe they only forwarded them for short time after fee increase and stop doing it because instructions say mail to csc or vermont depending or where you live. if we had more info where your from we would tell you which one to mail it to. you can file both together but has to go to one of the 2 main offices good luck

Well, I am from Georgia. According to the I-130 Instructions and an immigration officer I mailed both the petitions together to TSC. They were supposed to forward to CSC. Given the situation I am in right now, do you feel that I can still mail both together to CSC, or do I need to mail I-130 separately to Chicago and then wait for NOA1 to be sent by CSC, before I send off my 1-129F (K3) to CSC?

I did everything as per instructions. The immigration officer and several members here on the forums validated that both applications can be sent to TSC together and they forward to CSC.

If they were rejecting my I-129F, then they should have sent only that one back and should have forwarded the I-130 to CSC or Chicago, whatever would have been appropriate.

Sorry for my soap box but this just boils my blood!!

-Fahad

Well, I am from Georgia. According to the I-130 Instructions and an immigration officer I mailed both the petitions together to TSC. They were supposed to forward to CSC. Given the situation I am in right now, do you feel that I can still mail both together to CSC, or do I need to mail I-130 separately to Chicago and then wait for NOA1 to be sent by CSC, before I send off my 1-129F (K3) to CSC?

I did everything as per instructions. The immigration officer and several members here on the forums validated that both applications can be sent to TSC together and they forward to CSC.

If they were rejecting my I-129F, then they should have sent only that one back and should have forwarded the I-130 to CSC or Chicago, whatever would have been appropriate.

Sorry for my soap box but this just boils my blood!!

-Fahad

If you decide to just send the I-130 here are the most recent mailing instrucions: http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/I1...pdate113007.pdf

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I guess they want you to send it to the right Service Center by yourself so that you can track it, because there are cases of packets that were lost before and they don't want to be resposible for that, and since it was sent wrongly, they can't accept it and they can't put it in their records and give you a case number in this case they have no way to track it. So its easier for them to send it back to you.

hello,

Hi, My name is Cherryl. I received my fiance visa approval on Nov. 20. How long did it take for the NVC notification? And how long after the notification did it take to get my appointment packet?

1-129f time Line:

Meet online --------------------------------november 6,2006

Meet in peson ------------------------------march 18,2007

1-129 f package sent-------------------------july 6,2007

NOA1 recieved----------------------- -------july 10,2007

NOA2 approved -----------------------------november 20,2007

NVC recieves approval notice from uscis ------- ---december 20.2007

NVC case numbe received ----------------------december 31,2007

Packet recieved ------------------------------ january 27,2007

Medical appointment date ----------------------febuary 28,2007

Interview appointment date-------- -------------march 6,2007 ( aprroved )

k-1 visa issued-------------------------------march 7,2008

Passport delivered (k-1 visa attached )--------------march 11,2008

Fly to Anchorage,Alaska-------------------------march 16,2008 (with my husband )

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS:

1-485 Adjustment of status mailed (chicago lockbox )

G-325 Biographic information

1-864 Affidavit of Support form

1-765 EAD / Employment Authorization

1-131 AP / Advance Parole---------------------------------mailed -- MAY 9,2008

chicago lockbox received item-----------------------------may 12,2008

GREEN CARD RECEIVED --------------------------------------AUGUST 11,2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.