nina1

Girl talk, mainly i think

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

This is looong, but bare with me pllllllllllllllllllz! :)

I have a friend who likes to exagerate about things, like prices and brands and all. She got married about 4 yrs ago in Canada and now lives in Holland bcz her husband's studies were there. She grew up rich, and we grew up in a slightly smaller 3 floor home, and i think my dad has as much money or maybe more than them, but my family's not the type to flaunt what they have or lie about what they have.

A few mths ago, she told me indirectly "ohh, i have to go do dishes today bcz the maid is not coming tomorrow!" YA RIGHT! First you live in an appartment, second your husband is still studying. I understand that his parents are rich in Saudi Arabia, but he's still a student, and i don't imagine he would ask money from his parents..

During the same conversation, she was trying to flaunt her sex life by saying "When we have sex, all the neighbors/building can hear us".... So to shut her up, i said "Ohh woww, well thank God WE live in a house!" lololol And then she continued saying that when she has sex, she sees everything bright, even the walls! So to shut her up again, i said "I don't know about you, but i know i don't see my walls change colors! ARe you sure you don't take drugs before having sex?!" Oh and then the worst part, she hasn't met my husband bcz she was in holland when i got married, but when i sent her a pic, she realized he was not so tall. So she made a stupid comment and said "I heard short men have small penises!!!" My mum told me i shoulda told her "Funny, cuz i heard tall men have small penises!" lol

And then she would say things like "I have $500 worh of cosmetics like Dior.." And then a few wks later, she would say "My in-laws are sweet, they gave me $500 worth of cosmetics"... And then later she would say "I have $700 worth.." I was this close to telling her " Are you counting the inflation/interest on these (from 500-700 dollars)? lol

And then one day, she was wearing pants that said "Paris" on it and she said she got them from France.. Ya right, when did she ever go?! lol I mean i'm not stupid, i have clothes that say London or Paris, don't mean i got it from there!

Oooooooh and the worst is when she and her sis and mother walk around with FAAAAAAAKE gucci/louis vuitton...blabblall, or dior items such as glasses... Trust me, you go to Saudi Arabia, you can get ALL KINDS OF FAKE ITEMS!!! I could get some too, but i believe in buying the real thing only and IF you can afford it, that's just the way i think... So in the meantime, i'll stick with my Guess :)

Before we both got married, i was a student, but i also used to work bcz i didn't want to depend on my parents. To make me feel bad, she would say "my uncle doesn't think a woman should work".. I told her "Well, i see ur uncle is slightly old fashioned!!" And guess what, yestrday she wroote me an email saying she's tutoring french... Hmm....what the hell!??!?!

Once also, i was talking about some Ralph Lauren glasses that i wanted but didn't get bcz they were $300.. And guess what she says? " Well, that's not alot, look here, my sister's glasses were $400!" So i inspected them, and said "I think you got jipped!" #######, THEY WEREN'T EVEN A BRAND, MAN!!!

And when we were in montreal, b4 getting married, I started the trend of wearing colored contacts within our group of ppl/community. The next day she calls me asking where i got them from, and i swear, she went to buy the EXACT same color!! UGHGHG!!

My mother told me not to think about her too much bcz these kind of ppl feel like they are missing something in them, like they are not complete, and they feel like they have to lower ppl to feel higher.

I've asked myself if maybe I AM THE ONE THAT SAYS THINGS TO MAKE HER FEEL LOW, and she feels like she needs to respond, but I SWEAR, i don't ever say how much i get my things for or where i got them from, i wasn't raised like that, but i sure as hell was raised to defend myself! The value of the things i wear speaks for itself. I don't mind wearing something for $5 or $200, but i just don't speak of it!

Now what should i do? She emailed me yesterday saying she just came back from Saudi Arabia and it was great to be pampered by the maids and all, so she's feeling lazy now she's back in holland...blalblabla.....Btw ppl, everyone has a maid over there! lololol

How do i make her understand that she's my friend and i love her, but want her to be herself!!

If uve read all this, congratulations! lololol

sorry, this was not supposed to appear here

i will see if i can get thru admin to remove it

how old is this girl?

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

PS Tell her to stop watching MTV and the Gotti show.. :lol:

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

She is 23, going on 24, and i'm a yr older...

Anastasia, im not sure i can stop talking to her..Her and her family are NICE ppl, but this is maybe their only flaw...The way u know a friend is if you know they would be one of the first to come visit you if god forbid you were at the hospital.. They would come see me.... It's just that she irritates me alot sometimes, like i start to feel like i'm not complete cuz i don't have a maid....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
;) I had a of friend kinda like that back home.. I just listen and I didnt feel like to defend myself because she didnt attack me with those words or anything.. I think she just feel insecure of herslef and want people to like her but may be she dont know how... so i just listen and I think that's the best i could do for her because now she stop talking only about herself (well.. or a lot less anyway)

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This sounds so familiar. My wife of philipino accent does the same thing, she always mentions to me what what the price is if it's expensive. All her watches, jewerly and such....Drives me nuts, I wasn't raised the that way either! I just ignore her when she starts talking about those prices and such.

What's up with this....comments from any ladies please.....

she is insecure. The one thing I have learnt in life is that those with a lot of money barely show or talk about it. You can really apply this to any other area in life.

I would simply brush it off and show dis-interest when she talks about that in front of you. Do not show any sign of jealousy, otherwise it will just egg her on..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

yeah jealousy/envy definitely encourages that type of behavior. Did she forget the term modesty somewhere? She reminds me a lot of my 17 yr old cousin in law... in my case, i told my cil to shut up and act like an adult. but she sounds like someone you don't want to offend. why don't you try to find out if all this lavish stuff she tries to flaunt is just a way to fill some type of void? I know when I first moved down here I went on a shopping craze bc I was homesick and feeling alone.

Barbara (Canada) & Dallas (USC)

AOS

Nov 13 2005 EAD & I-485 sent to Chicago Lockbox

Nov 22, 2005 EAD & I-485 NOA1

Dec 15, 2005 Biometrics for EAD & I-485

Dec 19, 2005 EAD & I-485 Touched

Jan 21, 2006 Rec'd I-485 Fingerprint Reschedule Notice (AHHH!!!)

Feb 10, 2006 Fingerprint App't

Feb 1, 2006 EAD Approved!!!!

Feb 11, 2006 Rec'd EAD card

Feb 13, 2006 Applied for SSN

Feb 17, 2006 Rec'd SSN

Feb 23, 2006 I-485 Transferred to CSC (AHHH!!)

Mar 02, 2006 I-485 Has been received at CSC

Mar 13, 2006 I-485 Touched

Mar 14, 2006 I-485 Touched

Apr 15 & 25 2006 emailed CSC for status inquiry on I-485

Apr 26 2006 received a response from CSC, another response in 60 days (ahhhhh!!!)

Apr 27, 2006 I-485 Touched

Jun 17, 2006 I-485 Touched

Jun 19, 2006 I-485 Touched

Jun 20, 2006 I-485 Touched

July 3, 2006 emailed CSC again, no response given in the allotted 60 days time frame.

July 27, 2006 received a response from CSC, another response will be given in 30 days.. ha ha ha.

***app sent back to Missouri ***app sent to Chicago

Aug 21 2006 touched

Sept 29 2006 3rd year Anniversay

October 13, 2006 Immigration Interview - Need to return with Long Form Birth Certificate

October 13, 2006 Long Form Birth Cert ordered with expediated shipping

October 18, 2006 Birth Cert Received

October 19, 2006 2nd Immigration Interview - APPROVED

5-20 business days for the Green Card to arrive, maybe I'll be back to see my family before Christmas?

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

am I experiencing deja vu??????

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10069

Edited by MichelleandCraig

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)